Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spartak Moscow - Inter (31 Oct 06)

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Spartak Moscow - Inter (31 Oct 06)

I can't believe there isn't a thread for this cracker wich already takes place on tuesday.

Well after having fried those little devils I know it is almost impossible at the moment to focus on tuesday's very important match but we have to, as this is probably our biggest game so far this season, even bigger than the Bbilan game with our CL adventure still at risk even after our victory two weeks ago. If we lose this one it could have a huge impact on the rest of our season!

With Chino out, Ibra and Hernan tired after yesterday's battlefield, Vieira suffering a injury this match comes way to early and wouldn't it have been great if we could have secured our CL qualification instead of this being our do or die game. It will be a real tough one cause we will be playing on a difficult field in Russia wich isn't the best place to travel for such important games, also expect the weather to be ice cold so it could turn out to be a nightmare, and being honest I haven't got a great feeling about this game after seeing how tired our players were yesterday. Also they will basically have no rest, as the team probably will leave today or tommorow morning for Moscow wich is far away from Milano.

With all those injuries suffered, I really would have loved to have Adri as he would have been a useful option but lets hope the strikers grit there teeth and come up with a good performance. Vieira will not make it as he picked up that knock wich is a HUGE blow with Cambi also out.

So me expecting this line-up

Julio Cesar

Maicon - Cordoba - Materazzi - J. Zanetti

Figo - Stankovic - Dacourt - Solari

Crespo - Ibrahimovic

We also could see Grosso instead of J.Z with the great one moving in to midfield in place of Santi, while Cruz could also start instead of Hernan.

We better win this one as our CL hope is in the balance, but be prepared for a roller-coaster cause this match is very very very difficult. I would sign for a 1-0 as that would be a great result, with the 0 - 3 in mind wich we suffered in the 2003/2004 season also in Moscow but against Lokomotiv.
    Hernán Crespo, Internazionale, after UEFA Champions League game, replying on a question about Ibrahimovic(Sept 26, 2002):

"He is one of the best forwards I have met this year. In my opinion he can become one of the world's greatest players. He already has enormous qualities."

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Mancini's squad:

Portieri : 1 Francesco Toldo, 12 Julio Cesar Soares, 22 Paolo Orlandoni;

Difensori : 2 Ivan Ramiro Cordoba, 4 Javier Zanetti, 11 Fabio Grosso, 13 Maicon, 16 Nicolas Burdisso, 23 Marco Materazzi, 25 Walter Samuel, 77 Marco Andreolli;

Centrocampisti : 5 Dejan Stankovic, 6 Maxwell, 7 Luis Figo, 15 Olivier Dacourt, 19 ESTEBAN CAMBIASSO, 21 Santiago Solari, 91 Mariano Gonzalez;

Attaccanti : 8 Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 9 Julio Ricardo Cruz, 18 Hernan Crespo.

As expected Vieira is out but a huge surprise sees Esteban Cambiasso included. I think Mancini is rushing things here, and he better not risk Cambi as we have seen what happened in the friendly earlier in the season but then again for such a important match it could be a good luxury having Cambi at least available on the bench.

Hope for the best guys, hope for the best as I am really nervous for the upcoming day of tuesday. I can see the same drama happening like the Bbilan clash.

Lets show the world what we are capable of doing and follow the Derby up with a equally if not more important victory for our CL adventure.

FORZA INTER !!!!!!!!
    Hernán Crespo, Internazionale, after UEFA Champions League game, replying on a question about Ibrahimovic(Sept 26, 2002):

"He is one of the best forwards I have met this year. In my opinion he can become one of the world's greatest players. He already has enormous qualities."

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti and h

I know it was a huge surprise to see Esteban in the squad. I also think that Mancini is rushing things a bit here and it could force Cambiasso out of the side for an even longer period of time. Hopefully he knows what he is doing and has finally settled on a midifled formation similar to the one that was started against Milan last night.

One note we must make is that Spartak have a synthetic turf and in cold tempartures this kind of pitch is extremely prone to resulting in injuries. I fear the worst for our players in this sitauation as torn ACLs on this type of the turf are very common.

Forza Inter!!!
    "It is not about what I've done, it is about what I am going to do"

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didnt exist".

Fav. Player
    JZ

Cambi is back but Mancio is nt taking Mahroufi back ... so he must be reasonably confident that if required Cambi wud be able to come on and play for some time

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Cambi wouldn't be able to play. He is not fit, and this is a must win game. I say that we should play with the same 11 who started against Milan. on, two changes at most.

FORZA INTER!!!
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Jimmy
    Cruz has to play in this game. Both Crespo and Zlatan were exhausted after the Milan game. Cruz has been very good so far, so we can gamble with him as a starter.

Solari too has to start. I'm all for giving Mariano a shot too.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    I believe that Solari will start. Without Vieira, we will play Deki as Cm, and Solari on the left. In the attack, yeah, maybe Cruz should start, together with Ibra, and Cespo later on if needed. Anyway, would give Maxwell chance in this game, maybe even as a starter...
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Isn't Grosso suspended?

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Grosso's ban was cut to one game. So he can play this one

Like Jimmy, I too want to give Mariano Gonzalez a start, maybe we will see Figo pop up on the left. I dont think most of the players who played in the Derby will be fit enough, so its going to be a difficult game.

I'd play Matrix as hes going to rest this weekend because of his red card.

J.Cesar

J.Z.-Samuel-Matrix-Maxwell

Gonzalez-Dacourt-Stan-Figo

Cruz-Ibracadabra

I think Maicon will come on during the game depending of J.Z's fitness. Cambiasso will definetely replace one of Stankovic or Dacourt, although I think the Serbian will be more mentally and physically drained.

We need to win this one, and it looks quite difficult, which in the past years has meant a poor performance by the Nerazzurri.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Fav. Player
    IBRA,ADRI,CHINO

Finland

72 10 years of FIF
    SwedishBastard-Huulio
    Santigol-LeBat-Deki-Speedy.G
    Max-Matrix-Cafe-God
    SafeHands
    "There are 2 great teams in Milan, Inter and Inter Primavera" - Peppino Prisco
    "Inter is a delightful disease which leaves everlasting scars" - Eugenio Bersellini

I don't think this is a must-win game. A draw could be enough to qualify this group if we beat Sporting Lisbon at home and not lose to Bayen Munich.

It's good to see Cambi come back but there is no way he will start this game. He could replace one of Deki and Dacourt during last 20 minutes of the match.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Cambiasso definately shouldnt play. His just coming along probably so he can continue training with the team.

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

I am worried that this game will be even more harder than the game that took place on the weekend.We are playing in freezing conditions with shitty artificial pitch to make it even more worse and with russian team as home team looks like a nightamare.I hope we will be able to keep possesion with vieira out and its really a bad idea risking cambiasso that could have him sidelined for another 2 weeks.
    For the weakest of the weak
    For the lowest of the low
    My voice for the voiceless
    My fists for the innocent

Fav. Player
    J.zanetti - Ma

this game will be a nightmare

too bad viera is out and we shouldn't risk cambiasso

i think deki will play DM and figo with solari on the wings

we must get 3 points at all costs

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

I really like the idea of having solari on the wings he could provide great crosses but im hoping figo doesnt play this is too crucial for internal emotions to get in the way.dacourt and deki will be compatible for the this nightmarish game and I hope of defence wall stay firm because on the weekend it showed that with a bit of pressure can be broken down.
    For the weakest of the weak
    For the lowest of the low
    My voice for the voiceless
    My fists for the innocent

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Gonzales hasn't had 1 good performances so far in an Inter shirt and you guys wanna risk him in this must win game??

My team:

J.Cesar

Maicon Cordoba Matrix Grosso

Figo Dacourt Deki JZ

Cruz Ibra
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

I agree with most of you, Cambiasso shouldn't play more than 10 minutes. We can not lose him again, so we must be careful. It's a must win. For line-up:

Cruz - Ibracadabra
    Solari - Dacourt - Stankovic - Figo
    Grosso - Materazzi - Cordoba - Zanetti
    Goalkeeper

Forza Ragazzi! We must perform now.

Jimmy
    Mariano wasn't all that bad against Sampdoria when he started. He ran as hell in the first half and was very tired in the second.

And that game is basically the only game so far we can judge him. The rest have been substitutions at the end of the game. But indeed, he has been poor coming off the bench.

Fav. Player
    Moratti, Mourin

Bahrain

This will be a difficult game and it will be played on a tough pitch!!

But after the morale boosting win on Saturday, we just can't stop now!! I'm afraid that most of our players are tired and there are so many out injured. Therefore, Mancio will have to rotate a bit and could start with Cruz up front.

I don't think it's wise to play Cambiasso in this match under any circumstances. He has just recovered from a long term injury and Moscow's turf isn't a good place to start playing again.

I expect Mancio to start with this formation:

-----------------Cesar-------------------

Maicon----Cordoba----Materazzi----Grosso

Figo-----Stankovic-----Dacourt----Zanetti

----------Ibrahimovic----Cruz-------------

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

I am pretty sure Figo is gonna start this game, eventhough I dont want him to. He has been pretty useless as of late. He came on as a late sub in the Derby, so isnt really exhausted.
    Its not a must win game, but still is extremly important. A draw could still see us through, but a loss, and its all goodbye.
    The lienup I would prefer is

-----------------J.Cesar----------
    Maicon-----Cordoba----Matrix---Grosso

J.Zanetti-----Deki-----Dacourt-----Solari

---------Ibra------Cruz-----

But I have to say, that Stefan's lineup is the one, thats most likely to happen
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.