Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shoutbox

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF

Shoutbox

Well the other thread was closed, so I guess this will be closed too.

But I want to ask this question, and I don't want to go off topic in the other threads.

After we were suspended, the forum is running very fast. It didn't even crashed on the matchday. So this is good sign. Will the shoutbox return?

I miss it, and I want it back. I get the reason why it was removed, but I don't think that it needs to stay away any longer. You admins got back the arcade, why not the shoutbox too??

Bring it back please!

Thanks...
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Recoba, Stankov

Shoutbox is great thing!

ZVEZDA JE ZIVOT OSTALO SU SITNICE!
    FORZA INTER
    RED STAR FOREVER

Fav. Player
    JZ, REcoba, Cam

I really dont mind the shoutbox gone, not like i used it, but why was it removed?
    Take What's Yours......

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Inter101
    I really dont mind the shoutbox gone, not like i used it, but why was it removed?

Coz someone thinks that it was slowing down the forum. And after it was removed, the forum was again slow. But now it is OK, so I think it needs to get back. If I recall correctly, there was a petition about it too...
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Im with you Pajo...
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

The forum is in a transitional stage - we are actually considering a move from our current hosts; as such, any forum script that is potentially draining on resources should be left alone, until a resolution is reached.

Btw, the server was suspended even when the Arcade and Shoutbox was turned off. The only reason why the forum is running so smoothly now is because our account resides on a dedicated server.

To be honest, the administrators and moderators are lacking in resources (time and money) to upkeep the forum and its myriad of problems, if and when they do occur in the future. Please be understanding - we are paying $175 for our current server every month; we can ill afford to risk any more problems resulting in server crashes, slowdowns, et al.

Thanks.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    You want the shoutbox? Donate US$175 per month to our forum and you can have it.

Oh, and it is subject to future unknown HostGator extortion. There is a higher, more expensive plan than the one we currently have and the moment HostGator sees an increase in our bandwidth, I bet my balls that they'll squeeze us dry again.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    You want the shoutbox? Donate US$175 per month to our forum and you can have it.

I would gladly will, but unfortunately I don't have money. I'm still in a high school, I don't work, so it's hard to make money even for me. I asked my mum to "borrow" me money so that I can donate here, but no success. I asked her when the forum was suspended...

Sorry...

My message to JuBe cunts

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pajo
    I would gladly will, but unfortunately I don't have money. I'm still in a high school, I don't work, so it's hard to make money even for me. I asked my mum to "borrow" me money so that I can donate here, but no success. I asked her when the forum was suspended...

Sorry...
    Me and Tim don't work either. Jimmy just started working a couple of months ago. So, you can imagine how hard it is for us to keep the forum alive. That is why we would appreciate it a lot if you can respect the decisions that we take. We don't rashly make those decisions, we decide carefully and not all of our discussions are made public.

Donations help a lot, but we focus a lot on the forum's long term future and that is why we've been saving them up in case of emergencies.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    OK, OK, I have never blamed you on nothing. In fact, if the forum runs smoothly, that remove the arcade too... I just asked if now with the new server, the shoutbox could be returned. I tought that the problem is fixed.

And IMO, shoutbox is more important than the arcade...

My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Deki, Maxwell,

what needs to be done to bring shoutbox ? money?
    and what is IMO? and Arcade? i dont understand anything here

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by To1do
    and what is IMO? and Arcade? i dont understand anything here
    IMO means 'In My Opinion'..

Click on 'Arcade' and you'll find a list of games..
    MILAN A.C.

Fav. Player
    Deki, Maxwell,

Quote Originally Posted by wittman
    IMO means 'In My Opinion'..

Click on 'Arcade' and you'll find a list of games..
    they are paying for arcade ? :O

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by To1do
    they are paying for arcade ? :O
    Yeh you need to send your money to me and I will give you access.. Ha, jokin dude, shit is as free as mike's mum.

Fav. Player
    Deki, Maxwell,

lol, but what need to bring shoutbox ???!!!! how much money ?
    shout box is best and its important !

Greece

10 years of FIF
    The problem was that the shoutbox made the forum slow. It's not that much a matter of money i think. It even may be free!

Fav. Player
    Deki, Maxwell,

lol this is gr8 forums i never had any problems ! and if it is little slow so what ?
    it would be so much better if he have it !!!
    bring the shoutbox ! please

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    If removing the shoutbox helps the forum to run faster, than OK. But with the new server, the forum has never had problems. So if we could only try bring it for a week, I'll be grateful... If it slows down the forum for too much, than remove it again... What do you guys say??

My message to JuBe cunts

Quote Originally Posted by Pajo
    If removing the shoutbox helps the forum to run faster, than OK. But with the new server, the forum has never had problems. So if we could only try bring it for a week, I'll be grateful... If it slows down the forum for too much, than remove it again... What do you guys say??
    I agree there was the question about bandwidth, but I guess when we changed server that problem was solved.

For now only the management can accurately say if bringing the shoutbox back will bring us problems, if it doesn't I can't see why we shouldn't bring the shoutbox back.

Fav. Player
    Deki, Maxwell,

Thats why we should atleast try it !