Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AVG Antivirus program

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF

AVG Antivirus program

Hey guys, I bag for little help...

I have installed the new AVG 7.5 antivirus. And when I start my PC, it says that the "Resident shield" is not loaded. And in the "security Center" it says that my AVG is turned off...

What is the problem? What actually is the resident shield? And how do I solve that problem??

Thanks in advance...
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Thread moved. Please note that the Q & A forum is only for questions regarding the forum.

Pajo, I have no idea how to solve your problem. I can recommend you a good anti-virus program though: Avast. It's free and downloadable from the web. I don't know how to get it though, since it was my friend who installed it in my computer.

Handyo

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I have tried most anti virus programs,from mcafee to Karspersky to AVG,and in the end the best one to me is hands down NORTON,i recommend all people to use it.

Fav. Player
    Deki, Maxwell,

Dudes my anti expired and i dont have money to pay again so i am asking do anyone know some FREE antivirus that i can download ?

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

I use AVG but I haven't gotten the new version yet. Pajo I will test out next month. Then I will tell you if I encounter the same problem.

And No Khaled Norton sucks. With Gothic 2 the norton anti virus detects the copy protection as a trojon which is totally BS.

AVG is a way better program. Plus it's free.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by To1do
    Dudes my anti expired and i dont have money to pay again so i am asking do anyone know some FREE antivirus that i can download ?
    AVG it's free and has always worked for me. But I don't know about Pajo's problem.
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Well, I uninstaled AVG, and I instaled Nod 32. At least for now, until my problem is solved.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

My message to JuBe cunts

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Nod is also good,and i dont know why people dont like Norton,but i have it installed and until now nothing has got into my system,i think its fantastic,yes its takes alot of ram but whatever,and stefan,it only detects one thing maybe wrong for you,it will either repair it or you can just tell norton to ignore it.

Well, I was working with McAfee, but I had an misunderstanding with the management, (lousy crackers), and I was forced to change antivirus, I thought to give AVG a try since it is free it won't be a problem to keep it, lol.

I got version 7.5.430, and it works fine, the "Resident Shield" is correctly loaded, and the program is running very smoothly and there was no need of additional configurations (windows firewall, etc.). It is strange that you (Pajo) had this problem, maybe you have other programs that are conflicting with this one, nevertheless I think Nod 32 is also a good program so you should be fine.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Khaled
    Nod is also good,and i dont know why people dont like Norton,but i have it installed and until now nothing has got into my system,i think its fantastic,yes its takes alot of ram but whatever,and stefan,it only detects one thing maybe wrong for you,it will either repair it or you can just tell norton to ignore it.
    Well Norton detects it wrongly but since I switched to AVG never had that problem.I will stick with avg it's free and doesn't give me any problems.
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    As I said, I also think that AVG is the best, but my fuking problem... No one knows how to solve it??

My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Pajo
    As I said, I also think that AVG is the best, but my fuking problem... No one knows how to solve it??
    Pajo I have installed the new version now I don't get that error. a Suggestion when you installed AVG was the resident shield box ticked?? Thats the only thing I can think which could cause your problem. I think you might not installed the resident shield along with the program.
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

Norton is just a waste of resources.

I have this one:

http://www.avira.com/

and in Germany it's really highly rated. it has won all comparisons with commercial products like McAfee and Norton in magazines, only Kaspersky is better.

if you wanna spend some money, go for Kaspersky. If not, try this.
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

Big Daddy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghahbe of Turkey
    Wiltord had a better goalratio than Henry for France
    Wiltord 26 goals, 92 games
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

As i said yet it takes alot of rams but it keeps your computer completely clean,it is worth having,at least for me,i am surprised alot of people dont like it,people also kept telling me how bad it was and dont use it etc.. and i tried it myself and i found it is easily the best thing to use,since i tried almost everything.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan
    Pajo I have installed the new version now I don't get that error. a Suggestion when you installed AVG was the resident shield box ticked?? Thats the only thing I can think which could cause your problem. I think you might not installed the resident shield along with the program.

yea man, I have installed everything... The first time, there is the Resident Shield, but when I log off, and log on again, boom, there is my problem. I tried my CD on other PCs, and there is no problem at all... I guess it's something to my PC...

Well, never mind, I have NOD32, so it's OK, I I'm satisfied with this too... At least until I format my PC, what I have to do, and I also need new RAM, and new graphic card...

My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    I installed AVG again, coz I think it is the best... But, now the resident shield is OK, I haven't restarted my PC yet, we'll see later. Now there is another problem.

it sais: "Remote Administration: DataCenter is not working properly"
    In properties, there is "AVG DataCenter Connection String". For those who use AVG, could you tell me what do they have there? I have to write something in it, and I don't know what, so tell me. Just copy-paste it here...

My message to JuBe cunts

Pajo, could you be more specific where to find this "Remote Administration: DataCenter is not working properly", because I have looked over my AVG and I can't find it. I mean could you "take me to it"?

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    First "Launch Control Center"... Then, there is "Remote Administration", and click on properties... And there is "AVG DataCenter Connection String". Just copy-paste me what is written there...

There is also "AVG admin port", and "user name", and password, but I only need "AVG DataCenter Connection String"...

My message to JuBe cunts

Man, I have no such thing as Remote Administration, all that I have in my control center is: Antivirus, Scheduler, Resident Shield, Virus Vault, Update Manager, Shell Extension and E-mail Scanner.

I don't think I can help you much, you should probably wait for Stefan for him to give you better assistance.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Well, besides those you have in your control center, I also have: Licence, Alert Manager, Firewall and already mentioned, Remote Administration... Dunno man... I have AVG 7.5, what version do you have??

My message to JuBe cunts