Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Palermo - Inter (26 Nov 06)

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti and h

Palermo - Inter (26 Nov 06)

I dont know what to make of this game. The Palermo I saw against Torino two weeks ago scared me. They were absorbing Torino's attacks and then rampaging up the other way on the counter. Winning this game is going to be a mammoth task and Inter will cause many people to take a closer look at our recent form which has been quite good.

Palermo will be without Simplicio who if I recall correctly caused us a few problems while he was at Parma which is a plus. Last I heard Di Michele was injuired but might make it back for this game. Of he does I shudder at what he will be capable of doing should he get the opportunity to run at Cordoba.

Materazzi's form has slowed a little bit but I would still have him starting this one to counter Amauri. A tall striker with a physical presence like him needs the Marco special to make his impact very minimal on this game.

Like most game this one will be won and lost in the midfield but I think taking control is going to be crucial and with the unfortunate absence of Dacourt that looks an increasingly worrisome task. Lets hope Cambiasso can be back for this one and that he alongside Zanetti and Vieira can keep it tight in the middle of the park.

The only liability would be whether or not to start Figo. In a diamond midfield he provides you with some real quality passes and the ability to move out wide with ease. Add to that the fact that he links up with Zlatan quite well and you should have a sure starter. However in Stan you have an explosive type midfielder with the ability to shoot from outside and at times string together some very useful passes. Factor in his workhorse type mentality and formidable ability to get back and make a tackle and you have yet again another sure starter. I am glad I am not Mancini and dont have to make the decision on this one.

Forza Inter!!!
    "It is not about what I've done, it is about what I am going to do"

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didnt exist".

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Wally, Palermo scared everyone. They are playing great, and this will be the toughest game for us so far this season. We are playing away too. I think that we should be happy with draw. I would like win, normally...

Anyway, do you think Cambi will play some time?? I do, at least 45 minutes. He needs match fitness, and it's time to see him back in action!!
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Wonder if I can

Palermo's players are under bigger pressure than our boys these days. We are doing well in league, CL and Cup. They lost their game in Cagliari and now have to win (or at least draw) if they still want to pursue our team.

I believe our experienced guys, FORZA INTER!!!

Some people were against a female name as my nick. Strange, don't you think?

But no, I did not left only because of it. Don't worry, there is a brand new superhero who will save everyone. I just have mental issues and I am freaking disgusting.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti and h

I think depending on training this week Mancini will stick Cambiasso in from the start for maybe 60 mins. Hopefully he is that far along in his recovery because other wise we are screwed.

I think the 4-3-1-2 formation is the best way to go for this game much like the one agaisnt Sporting. Just add Cambiasso instead of Dacourt. I just hope Mancini doesnt revert to a 4-4-2 because last season that got crushed.

He might even choose to move Stan back into the line with three and hope Figo can find room to operate in front of the defence. Although I am sceptical exactly how much room he is going to get with Bresciano keeping him under wraps.

The main thing is ensuring we keep their counters down. Cause they are phucking lightening quick at breaking out of their own end and have Corini to give the precise pass and players like Bresciano and Di Michele that can tear you apart with their raw pace and in Di Michele's case technique.

Dacourt would have been awesome for this game cause he knew when and where to break up play with fouls in the midfield allowing the team time to get back and defend. Vieira is quite capable of doing the same but he is going to have to at the top of his game for this one as he is going to have some extra defensive responsibilities with Dacourt out.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didnt exist".

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Brazil

I think that will be the game more importante of Calcio 2006/20007 and for us too. Palermo comes very well in Calcio and will play at home...but as Michal said, I also believe our experienced guys!

Fav. Player
    JZ

4-3-1-2

JC
    Maicon - Materazzi - Cordoba - Grosso
    Cambi - Viera - JZ
    Stan
    Ibra - Crespo

and if we revert back to 4-4-2, i preffer Solari over Figo

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti and h

I like yor formation 1919, That is the way I hope Mancini starts on Sunday.

Palermo didnt have the best of times in Turkey this afternoon getting lit up for three goals by Fenerbahce. However, it does appear that they started pretty much their entire B squad the the exception of Barzagli and Simplicio. Still a crushing loss like that is going to weigh on the entire team. Lets hope it plays into our favour.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    This game is an opportunity. If we get a draw, we can't complain. We can win them all after all, and this is a very difficult away game.

If you lose, Roma will become menacing, but again, better lose this one than getting 10 draws in 12 games right?

If we WIN, it'll be just massive. It'd be another of the most difficult away games we'd win after Firenze and Roma.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Syria

10 years of FIF
    We will not have any better time to beat Palermo. They were beaten by Cagliari and today they were whooped by a massive 3-0 by Fenerbache.

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Yes, mentally they are at the lowest. I expect a win.

Figo will start. I think we need a very defensive 4-4-2. Recoba is also back to training! Any chance he will be called up?

A draw looks like the best bet. Yes it means we lose our winning streak, but who remembers winning streaks, all I want is the Scudetto. I just hope Roma also draw/lose like they did in the CL.

We need a good display as Palermo will look to get things rite seeing they've lost their last two games.

FORZA INTER!!

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Suneet
    Recoba is also back to training! Any chance he will be called up?
    He wasnt training. He wont train with the squad for a while, for now just doing small runs..so no chance he will be called up.

Inter will be shut down Zamparani!!!!!!!!!!

We will win!!!
    Next season Messi will be Inter player.

Fav. Player
    Santigol

no draws, go for the win, we should bring those pretenders back down to earth.

The team should be the same as the one against Milan and Sporting, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

palermo is very good at counterattack so we must be very careful and don't commit much foul near the box
    I believe we can win but one point is acceptable
    Italian Championship
    1909/10 1919/20 1929/30 1937/38 1939/40 1952/53 1953/54 1962/63 1964/65 1965/66 1970/71 1979/80 1988/89 2005/06 2006/07 2007/08 2008/09 2009/10 2010/11

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by catanha
    The team should be the same as the one against Milan and Sporting, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Figo sure won't be happy hearing that ....

But yeh, same squad would do it, only worry is the absence of Dacourt and don't know if Cambiasso can handle such a big game after a severe injury.
    Wallace

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke12
    Figo sure won't be happy hearing that ....

But yeh, same squad would do it, only worry is the absence of Dacourt and don't know if Cambiasso can handle such a big game after a severe injury.
    Yeah, and Cambiasso is way different than Dacourt.

Spain

If Olivier is not fit, i go 100% for Steven. And Vieira as a 100% dm, he is not as good as Cambiasso attacking.

JC
    JZ/Maicon-Cordoba-Sam/Mat-Grosso
    --------------Paddy--------------
    -------------------Cambiasso-----
    ----JZ/Solari-----Stankovic--------
    ------Crespo/Adri2º---Ibrahimovic/Adri2º

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Greece

83 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Michal
    Palermo's players are under bigger pressure than our boys these days. We are doing well in league, CL and Cup. They lost their game in Cagliari and now have to win (or at least draw) if they still want to pursue our team.

I believe our experienced guys, FORZA INTER!!!

I don't think Palermo are under pressure!!!They are performing above expectations this season.Nobody will blame them if they don't win Scudetto.
    INTER PER SEMPRE!

RUBE MERDA

Inter certainly is is a great moment, the players are getting a good understanding in the pitch and at times we play great football. I didn't saw Palermo's game against Cagliari, but I agree with Waleed their game against Torino was massive, although Palermo seems to be in a downhill.

But nothing like a game against a big team to push the team spirit back up, I feel that we need to approach this one with care, for me this game is the same level as Sporting so (like catanha said) why don't use the same team?

If Dacourt is OK, play him if he is not Cambiasso should start if neither Cambiasso and Dacourt can play it will be Figo (hopefully Solari) to get a place in the team.

A small note, Palermo has no draws at Serie A this season, I hope we can win there and keep them that way.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Pani
    I don't think Palermo are under pressure!!!They are performing above expectations this season.Nobody will blame them if they don't win Scudetto.

Yeah, I agree with you Pani... We are the most under pressure team in Italy, coz everyone is expecting a lot from us, to win the title and to go far in the CL...

As I said, Palermo will be difficult to beat, so we should be happy with draw... But normally, I would love to see Inter winning this one, and we will be far before Palermo and Roma. And we would've won all difficult games, Palermo, Milan, Roma, Viola...
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts