Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Asian Cup

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

Asian Cup

With soo many Asians i cant believe i am the one who opens this thread.Anyways today the Asian Cup opened...
    =======================
    China 2-2 Bahrain

Substitute Husain Ali grabbed a late equaliser for minnows Bahrain as they held hosts China to a draw in the opening game of the 2004 Asia Cup.
    Mohamed Hubail had put Bahrain ahead by brilliantly flicking the ball over China goalkeeper Liu Yunfei.

China hit back after the break when Zheng Zhi equalised from the penalty spot and Li Jinyu gave them the lead with a low left-foot shot.

But Ali scored late on with a thumping drive from the edge of the box.
    ===========================
    I am soo glad Bahrain got that point...hope they continue on like this
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Bahrain is a team on the rise, didn't they achieve the highest jump in FIFA rankings last year? I saw a game of theirs against Syria (i think) for the WC2006 qualifications and they looked good. They definitely have some young and upcoming players like Hubail (he has a brother in the team as well if i'm not mistaken.)

But when it comes to the Asian cup, stand and salute the Saudi team!!! The Asian cup is a speciality and we will make it to the final as usual, and this time we will win it.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF

Re: Asian Cup

[quote="Ziyad"]With soo many Asians i cant believe i am the one who opens this thread.Anyways today the Asian Cup opened...
    =======================

Sadly, I had already opened a thread for Asia Cup last week ......

It's in the World Soccer thread ..... ???

Bahrain

[quote="Pravesh"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyad
    With soo many Asians i cant believe i am the one who opens this thread.Anyways today the Asian Cup opened...
    =======================

Sorry about that.. Honest mistake ..i only looked here as i thought this would be the place..as a mod i should know better
    Ziyad Of Boston

I think this is the right place for it.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF

[quote="Ziyad"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pravesh
    =======================

Sorry about that.. Honest mistake ..i only looked here as i thought this would be the place..as a mod i should know better
    no problem ..... I also realized that this was supposed to be the right place ....

can't we mix the other thread with this ? Bring the posts from that thread to this one here ??

Bahrain

thats a q for the other more experienced mods..
    Ziyad Of Boston

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Sorry to Pravesh but we can't mix/merge the thread so I think I have to close the other thread and let's discuss here.

My country (Indonesia) beat Qatar (The league of mercenaries/retirees) yesterday. You guys better watch out.

Handyo

Jordan drew with Korea 0-0
    I told you guys, Jordan is a surprise.

By the way Han, Egypt is coached by the greatest coach ever to coach Inter
    Seriously, this guy has a lot to learn.

Hamed, I wouldnt count on either Saudia or Korea.
    Korea is coached by Bonfrere who is actually one of the worst coaches ive ever seen. This guy failed miserably last year in Egypt. His selection of players and the way his teams play are not good at all.
    The gold medal with Nigeria at 96 will never make me change my mind about him.

About Saudia Arabia, i believe the level is going down. The new players are not half as good as the old ones, the golden era is over really. Even though there are players i really admire like Nawaf el Temyat, Ibrahim el sewayed, Mohamed nour, el jaber, etc.. but they were better a few years back. Donno really but i dont think they can be in the final.
    Sveglia Ragazzi...Bilan e Rubentus non sono così stellari.

Our time will come, with or without your approval!

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Marco The Butcher
    Jordan drew with Korea 0-0
    I told you guys, Jordan is a surprise.
    Well, I watch that match for a few minutes and really get bored of it. I think the Korean players are still immature and they need to do things the efficient and effective way, not the fanciful and attractive way.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco The Butcher
    By the way Han, Egypt is coached by the greatest coach ever to coach Inter
    Seriously, this guy has a lot to learn.
    Yeah, I know. I said this in the other thread. Man, good luck, you need it more than ever.

Handyo

well i dont think Jordan plays entertaining football because the coach is known for his defensive ways. I didnt watch the match either..

About Tardelli, yah man we need it.
    I wanted to reply to u on the other thread but it was closed

Bahrain

Jordan are no suprise...They have been playing really well ever since they got this coach. Their mach against the mighty Koreans showed that...By the way Kuwait just beat UAE 3-1 so it seems that Kuwait is back too as strong as ever Congrats
    and
    GO BAHRAIN
    Ziyad Of Boston

Bahrain

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo

My country (Indonesia) beat Qatar (The league of mercenaries/retirees) yesterday. You guys better watch out.

Handyo
    Indonesia and Bahrain will meet soon cant wait for that one
    Ziyad Of Boston

Indonesia

Indonesia and Bahrain will meet soon cant wait for that one
    Oh man, we'll kick your arse back to Bahrain.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Giacinto Facche

First-half Kuwait blitz sinks Emirates
    Jul 19, 2004
    FootballAsia.com

Kuwait 3 (Bashar Abdullah 25, Bader Al Mutwa 39-pen, Basheer Saeed 45-og) United Arab Emirates 1 (Mohamed Rashid 47)
    Group B
    Shandong Sports Centre, Chengdu

Kuwait raced into a three-goal half-time lead before holding out in the second half against a wasteful United Arab Emirates for a 3-1 victory in Chengdu on Monday evening.

A fine solo effort by Bashar Abdullah, a Bader Al Mutwa penalty and an own goal by Basheer Saeed put the Kuwaitis in complete control against their Gulf rivals in the Group B encounter. Mohamed Rashid cut the deficit in the second half but poor finishing by the UAE ultimately proved costly.

The match began brightly with both sides taking turns to attack in an open contest. UAE had the better of the early chances as Subait Khater had a shot punched out by Kuwait goalkeeper Shebab Kankone while Salem Saad broke down the right channel only to fire straight at Kankone.

Khater should have put the Emirates in front on 21 minutes as he wrong-footed a defender to create space before firing a low shot that was well-stopped by Kankone. The rebound came right back to Khater but the Al Ain player put his shot narrowly wide of the gaping goal.

Aad de Mos’ side would rue that miss just four minutes later as Bashar Abdullah put Kuwait in front with a fine solo effort. The Al Salmiya striker went on a driving run in the UAE half before firing a precision low shot from the edge of the box past two defenders and into the bottom left corner of the net.

The Kuwaitis capitalised on poor defending to add two further goals before the break. A giveaway on the edge of the UAE box in the 39th minute ended with Bashar Abdullah being cut down by defender Rashid Abdul Rahman for a penalty. Bader Al Mutwa made no mistake as he sent UAE goalkeeper Juma Rashed the wrong way from the spot to make it 2-0.

A third goal followed in added time at the end of the half as UAE defender Basheer Saeed, attempting to cut out Al Mutwa’s through ball, inadvertently sent the ball past a wrong-footed Juma Rashed.

There was a ray of hope for UAE at the start of the second half as they pulled a goal back within two minutes of the restart. Kuwaiti defender Nohayer Al Shammari took his time to clear the ball, allowing Sultan Rashed to steal in and send in a low cross for substitute Mohamed Rashid to score into an unguarded net.

With the Kuwaitis content to sit back and play on the counter-attack, the Emirates poured forward in attack but were let down by profligate finishing. Striker Salem Saad was particular culpable as he missed a pair of open headers and lobbed over when left one-on-one with the Kuwait goalkeeper.

Kankone bravely came off his line to deny Subait Khater, while goalscorer Mohammed Rashid failed to his tally as he placed a couple of headers wide of the target.

Kuwait’s victory avenged a 2-0 loss suffered to the Emirates in the Gulf Cup last December in Kuwait City.
    "There's another flare smoking in the box now...This referee is a clown" - Eurosport
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBacchus
    You know each year we say "Dream Attack" and then that becomes "Bad Attack".

Fav. Player
    Giacinto Facche

Personally it was a good game, more of an educational match...We showed the world how you should perform in the first half, and how not to start the second. Looking forward to Korea!

Oh yeah, beware of Bader Al-Mutwa (Talented youngster, should have joined Fenerbahce) Bashar, Fahad Al-Hamad, Nawaf Al-Humaidan and of course Khaled Al-Shammari
    "There's another flare smoking in the box now...This referee is a clown" - Eurosport
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBacchus
    You know each year we say "Dream Attack" and then that becomes "Bad Attack".

I really like Bashar Abd Allah.

Bahrain

Congrats Moh
    I am glad Kuwait are back to their old self and good luck against Korea...I think Bahrain lost to them in a friendly 2-1 but i hope u beat them.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    LUIS FIGO

I'm sad b/c India is not in.

Bahrain

Quote Originally Posted by Pulsar36
    I'm sad b/c India is not in.
    India with its population should be a force in Asian soccer i am suprised too that they arent...i dont think its the number one sport their.
    Ziyad Of Boston