View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4 stickied threads for each position & individual threads are only for very strong rumours

18 62.07%
  • A thread for general rumours & individual threads for semi-strong rumours

10 34.48%
  • Others (Please specify)

1 3.45%

Thread: Format of the Transfers & Rumours forum

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member

Format of the Transfers & Rumours forum

OK, I honestly am in a dilemma right here.

For the past year or so, what we have been doing is discussing all rumours in the 4 separate threads, each dedicated to a goalkeeper, defender, midfielder or forward. We only had individual threads if the rumour is very strong and persistent.

Now, that is the way that I prefer. But there are some threads now like the Cassano, Mascherano, Messi and Jimenez thread that are opened and if it were up to me, I would merge them with the respective threads.

But, is that the way you guys want?

Or do you want a forum format whereby we have one general rumours thread and individual threads for every rumour that has some ground.

I've opened up a poll. Please vote yeah.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    OK, I honestly am in a dilemma right here.

For the past year or so, what we have been doing is discussing all rumours in the 4 separate threads, each dedicated to a goalkeeper, defender, midfielder or forward. We only had individual threads if the rumour is very strong and persistent.

Now, that is the way that I prefer. But there are some threads now like the Cassano, Mascherano, Messi and Jimenez thread that are opened and if it were up to me, I would merge them with the respective threads.

But, is that the way you guys want?

Or do you want a forum format whereby we have one general rumours thread and individual threads for every rumour that has some ground.

I've opened up a poll. Please vote yeah.

Handyo
    This is a good way to have 4 threads. Those Messi, Jimenez etc threads are useless, since how the rumour can be really strong when it isn't even a transfer time yet. We can assume that Italian media is more reliable than other medias. Gazzetta is the most reliable, sports.it is more reliable than the others. Moderators should lock those threads which are about one player, and merge them to the excisting ones (one of the 4). One should consider twice and then reconsider before making a new thread about a player rumoured to Inter. It's well known that around the whole year, there's always transfer rumours considering Inter getting a player X and player Y.

I believe that we have a good system right now, I think that if we had only one "main" thread it could become harder to follow and therefore less interesting.

I also think there should be a tighter selection of which players deserve a personal thread, maybe restrict that to Administrators and Moderators. I remember when the season was starting we opened a lot of new thread and not all justified.

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    I agree with Pi.

And we shouldn't open a thread for a player unless we're realy sure that Inter is after him (or him after Inter -Tavano-).
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, è la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Norway

Keep it this way. However, I don't think there's any need for individual threads while the transfer window is closed. Also, you could make a sub-forum where you place old romoured players' threads. Like the "Former Inter players and coaches" sub-forum to the "present Inter players and coaches" forum. But this is just an idea, nothing else. It's really fine as it is.
    "It will be born here, at the "Orologio (Watch)" restaurant, meeting place of artists and it will be always a team of great talent. On this splendid night it's colours will be given: The black and the blue with a golden background of the stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Mourinho for Inter coach 2008/2009! --> Mourinho = Inter coach 2008/2009!

Greece

10 years of FIF
    One major thread... So that the average user can log and check it everyday and say: "ok these are the players that we are rumoured..." instead of having to filter out which type of player etc.
    And usually these days rumours come in couples Tevez and Mascherano, forward, midfielder, where to put that?
    It's good as it is now, but it'd be saving a lot of bandwith for the admins too if it's only one as there's not a big difference

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi
    I also think there should be a tighter selection of which players deserve a personal thread, maybe restrict that to Administrators and Moderators. I remember when the season was starting we opened a lot of new thread and not all justified.
    I agree this very much. Administrators and moderators should have that possibility to open threads and nobody else, because it definitely seems that we have so much different kind of people here in our forum that everyone doesn't have that ability to understand is it worth to open a thread about a one single player.

Indonesia

Good idea, Pi. I think we can technically limit the opening of threads to just the admins and mods. If normal members want to create a thread, they can simply PM the admins or mods.

Keep the suggestions coming, people. I will close this poll & thread after a week.

Handyo

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    ahh no pming or no whatever,i think the best way to go for this forum is one thread for each position and maybe a thread for the players that we would like to have at inter,this way we can put the rumours of each position in their own thread and we can have kinda like a general discussion of players in another thread.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    I think it would be better to have one thread for general rumors (for rumors from tribalfootball ) and and separate threads for each player... It's easier that way.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

As Long as it isn't the way it was this summer, to be quite honest it was a mess, where people opened a new thread every time we where rumored to a new player which resulted in so many threads that I lost track of it.

I liked it when there where one for every position and for those who have been strongly rumored to us.

one for all rumors is gonna be confusing, and we will end up with a huge amount of pages. where there won't be much flow in the conversation(I have experienced it and I won't advice you to do it).

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    So it's 4 threads + threads for players rumoured to Inter (opened by admins/mods). It's fine like that.

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    I am fine with this model, it's good but if we can make some progress way not?
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Indonesia

OK good. Now I will merge the threads for the players for their each appropriate position rumours threads or whatever those 4 stickied threads are called.