Page 2 of 238 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Massimo Moratti

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Gismo
    Only thing that can stop Moratti is a freeking riot! We need 1000+ Interisti protesting through the streets in Milano.
    That won't do anything, Moratti is well aware that many Interisti want him out of the job. He is either waiting to win something and give us the finger, or i honestly don't know.
    Nulla č impossibile per questa Inter

I disagree. Look at what led up to his resignation as President.
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Fav. Player
    LUIS FIGO

The truth about Moratti resigning as president:

I read credible reports that his sister took him aside and told him to give it up. She told him he can't keep wasting away the family's fortune, especially Angelo's empire that he built, on a stupid team.

At the same time, Moratti's Board of Directors told him that he has to take a more interactive role with the oil company or they will force him out for the good of the company.

This, combined with fan pressure, led him to resign.

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    Yeah, but Ibrahimovic is Bosnian.
    He's Russian. Or was that supposed to be a joke? Handyo
    I think Jimmy meant that Zlatan Ibrahimovic is Bosnian. Chelsea's owner Roman Abramovich is Russian.

Is this case clear now?
    No, as Zlatan Imbrahimovic is swedish

But anyway, it's all a little joke and I understand it fully so there's no need to go back into this
    Lo Scudetto will return.

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Israel

10 years of FIF
    Zlatan is a bosnian name .

And I still don't think Moratti chooses who to buy , that's what we have transfers gurus for .

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic has Bosnian parents but was born and raised in Sweden according to what i have heard.

Cheers.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

I don't think we need to look at him as a fan, currently. Simply because his position is not as a fan, but he's the president! It doesn't matter how many millions, billions or zillions has he spent for Inter. His method of spending it is as shambolic as any president can get. Sometimes, he gives too much trust to his coach (Like Lippi) that he bought useless players like Jugovic for a high price. But sometimes, he didn't give any to his coach. For example, Cuper asked for Crespo to be kept in the club but he still sold him.
    That's obviously not right at all. Just because he was the president of the club doesn't mean that his duties as a fan, first and foremost ends. The only reason why he took up the mantle of president of FC Inter was solely because he loves this club. I hope you have not mistaken me here, have you? I am not here to defend Moratti's pathetic tenure as president of this club - what i am doing here, is to make fans like you realise that he has given a lot for this club. A nonchalant reply like yours in the vein of the post you just made simply tells me that you have no idea what it is like to be in his shoes. Would you have fared better under all that pressure?

It doesn't mean that Moratti should be pitied because he loves the club and he has half a billion for FC Inter. If we keep pitying him, when will this sick cycle end? If Moratti feels that he has the support of the fans, he's likely to stay as the owner of this club until his last breaths. Honestly, do you want to continue seeing Moratti's action in this club? I'm sure you don't.
    Of course he has to be pitied. If anyone of us deserves pity, sympathy and empathy, Massimo Moratti deserves more. Just because you disagree with his abilities as president doesn't make him any less human than any of us. And for that matter, any less of a fan than any of us. He is just doing what was in his capacity as president of FC Inter - to spend as much money as possible in bringing the best to this club. Ultimately, he failed, but none of you seem to understand his agenda - you only see his abject failure but not the reasons why he did what he did.

And to the question on your last sentence, yes, I think I will be able to do better than Moratti as a president, if given the financial back-up. Seriously, it'll take someone unbelievably moronic and senile to do worse than Moratti.
    I do want to honestly believe you in that aspect. In fact, all of us constantly talk amongst ourselves that we could have done better if we were in his position, but you must understand that Moratti did what he did not just as a rich president of FC Inter, but as the son of Angelo Moratti. His desire to emulate his father's success played a big part in his notorious management of this club in the past decade. Would you have done the same if you were Massimo Moratti?

All in all, I have huge respect for Moratti as a fan but huge hatred for him as a President. And for the good of all, he should sell his shares. Inter will get better and Moratti get the respects for being a truly passionate Interista.
    Moratti will get the respect he deserves if fans like you stop blindly lambasting him for his failure as the president and instead try to understand the reasons he failed.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

A simple phrase: I love his money but fear his mind!

Quite frankly I donīt care why he failed/fails! What difference does it make when the result is the same?

Of course it is hard to be in his shoes but if he canīt take it he should have resigned long ago...

How was the situation in 1995 when Massimo took charge? I suppose he had plenty of shares allready, but how much did he had to pay and buy? And what about Pellegrini? What were his feeling about this?

Can anyone tell me. Didnīt follow so deeply back then..

He is a true fan. Yes. But a horribly stupid and inept leader.

Did Massimo had some sort of huge manifesto back in 1995 about what is going to happen in future or what.

I suppose it was quite moving and touching moment when he made his move..

What were the fans thinking about it in general..?

Do we have here any dudes who remember...

Not me, I became Interista when Traitor 1 arrived at Inter.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles
    How was the situation in 1995 when Massimo took charge? I suppose he had plenty of shares allready, but how much did he had to pay and buy? And what about Pellegrini? What were his feeling about this?

Can anyone tell me. Didnīt follow so deeply back then..
    I've read in an article sometime back that Moratti paid Ģ18 million from his own pockets to take FC Inter back into the hands of the Moratti family.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    well moratti always does the best for the team and the supportors,and if inter would have won the scudetto in 2002 i bet no one would have doubted morrati,anyway from 2002 to now alot of things have happened and alot of things have changed including the blow off ronaldo turning back on his inter fans but i think the club has passed this part,now there is an excellent manger with a group which has some of the best players in the world so we have to just look forword becuase if u keep looking backwards u will be more disappointed,this is a new inter era and i think vieri staying and chosing INTER than juve and real madrid means there is a postive atmosphere at inter and i think inter's time is up and its now time for us to get the revenge(like ferarri),so one thing is for sure that all teams around the world:BE READY

Sad words (say so much...)

I'm very sad writing what you're about to read... the only way, in football sense, is the berlusconian way... he has money and guys who are able to spend them with sense... do you remember Mazzola, Suarez, Corso and all the old glories in the staff???!!! when king silvio came in Turati street he cleared all and toke new people with him. And 15 years ago AC bilan, ops... milan, was the second team in town...
    If the President after all this years isn't still able to understand this I think that the future is more black than blue... :cry2:

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

Re: Sad words (say so much...)

Quote Originally Posted by benny
    I'm very sad writing what you're about to read... the only way, in football sense, is the berlusconian way... he has money and guys who are able to spend them with sense... do you remember Mazzola, Suarez, Corso and all the old glories in the staff???!!! when king silvio came in Turati street he cleared all and toke new people with him. And 15 years ago AC bilan, ops... milan, was the second team in town...
    If the President after all this years isn't still able to understand this I think that the future is more black than blue... :cry2:
    U got a good point there.... !

Bergomi said that when you speak well of someone and in particular of a coach, that person soon becomes the Inter coach. Food for thought considering your recent words of praise for Mancini...
    I always speak well of everyone. So why should I speak badly of Mancini, who is someone I have great respect for? It means I'll also start talking about Bergomi so he can also have hopes of coaching Inter.

inter.it
    Saturday, 29 March 2003

lets just hope moratti won't be speaking well for other coaches atleast in next the 3 years

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

True that

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by ahlyinter
    well moratti always does the best for the team and the supportors,and if inter would have won the scudetto in 2002 i bet no one would have doubted moratti,anyway from 2002 to now alot of things have happened and alot of things have changed including the blow off ronaldo turning back on his inter fans but i think the club has passed this part,now there is an excellent manger with a group which has some of the best players in the world so we have to just look forword becuase if u keep looking backwards u will be more disappointed,this is a new inter era and i think vieri staying and chosing INTER than juve and real madrid means there is a postive atmosphere at inter and i think inter's time is up and its now time for us to get the revenge(like ferarri),so one thing is for sure that all teams around the world:BE READY
    So true! If we won the scudetto in 1998 or 2002, or the CL in 2002, Moratti would be our everybody's hero.

I look at J Zanetti, one of the first players Moratti signed, together with R Carlos. I will always appreciate and love Moratti no matter what we achieve.

One day someone like Gaucci or Sensi or Moggi will be president of Inter, and then you'll miss Massimo so much!
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    Perhaps, but because of Moratti we are the laughing stock of club football. He has plenty of ambitions, but absolutely no football IQ. He treats Inter like a Championship Manager game and causes more harm then good, even though his ententations are to build the strongest team in the world.

I certainly hope that we can win something of importance before Chelski do, because that'll be a sad day for Moratti watching Roman actually do what he has attempted to do so many times and failed every single time, and that's buying yourself a world class team. Not only will it be a slap in the face, but a reminder that FC Inter seems to be a cursed club for the past decade or so.