Thread: Trofeo Tim Report

Trofeo Tim Report

Hello Interfriends,

Inter won this years Trofeo Tim as they beat Juve 1-0 in the first game, and then beat Milan on penalties 5-4 after a scoreless 45 minutes. Milan defeated Juve 2-0 in between.

Inter 1 vs Juventus 0

Formation:

INTER (4-4-2): Fontana; Cordoba, Burdisso, Materazzi, Favalli; Stankovic, Veron, C. Zanetti, Emre; Cruz, Martins

Without many stars and with half the squad in Japan, the NEW Inter of Mancini beats Juventus with a 1-0 win to open this years Trofeo Tim where Inter, Juve, and Milan meet in a 45 minute triangle tournament. Martins is the man of the match as he scores at the 37th minute when Emre beats Legrottaglie and sends in a through ball that is met by Martins who beats Buffon with a left footer.

The secret is the midfield. With Veron, Emre , C. Zanetti and Stankovic, Mancini has quantity and quality, as well as timed runs and co-operative play that makes Inter move much better than Juve around the pitch.

Inter 5 vs Milan 4 (0-0)

Formation:

Fontana (dal 25' Cordaz); 2 Cordoba (dal 43' Semenzato), 14 Sorondo, 3 Burdisso (dal 33' Materazzi) , 13 Pasquale; 13 Van der Meyde, 11 Stankovic (dal 38' Germinale), 15 Cambiasso, 4 Emre (al 10' C. Zanetti); 17 Ventola (al 44' Laridi), 7 Martins

This Derby is far from the real derby but it is the first of the season and given the preperation and practice sessions it gave both managers a chance to try out new players. Mancini starts with the same players but decides to use his unlimited substitutes and went on with the youngsters from the Primavera squad. For example players like Semenzato and Germinale together in age do not equal the age of Costacurta!

With many players in Japan or still not fit, Mancini has no choice but to give the kids a shot. Mancini did however have the chance to bring in Cambiasso, Sorondo and Van der Meyde on the right wing moving Stankovic in the center. After 10 minutes, Emre is forced to come off after a collision with Nesta and Materazzi comes in for Burdisso.

The substitutions do not give Inter the flow they had in the first game against Juve and the 45 minute game ends 0-0. The Trofeo Tim is decided on Penalty Shots, where Inter wins 5-4 after a mistake by Milan's Dhorasso.

Mancini's new Inter looks to have a new will to fight and play, especially with the midfield made up of Veron, Stankovic and Emre who all contribute a great deal in quantity and quality. While waiting for many of the other stars to rejoin the team, Mancini can work well with the knowledge that he has a very good squad on his hands.

It is a summer not only made up of big names like previous years, but this time Inter also has an idea of how to put them all together and display the talent that can provide winning and exciting football.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, this game may not have been the "REAL" Derby, but judging from the performances tonight, the sensation is clear and simple: Next time Inter and Milan meet, it will be a real match for the Scudetto!

Eddy

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Great report Eddy. Yet again it helped me to imagine what happened since I didn't see it myself.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Good report Eddy. Welcome back to Inter's new season. Another season of hope.

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

great report eddy,

hmm I can't wait for the CL games and read ur report on official match..

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Thanks Eddy, excellent work. (like always)

Okay, this is maybe not the place to ask but I'll do it anyway.

How is that midfield, it's the flat but Emre and Stankovic was on the flanks but they're not acting like real wingers, am I right? They're cutting to the center a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba
    Thanks Eddy, excellent work. (like always)

Okay, this is maybe not the place to ask but I'll do it anyway.

How is that midfield, it's the flat but Emre and Stankovic was on the flanks but they're not acting like real wingers, am I right? They're cutting to the center a lot?

You are right, Stan and Emre spent more time in the center of midfield then on the wings. These two toghether with Veron tried to make a lot of vertical passes wich is very good. And if you saw the goal it was a very fast action. Veron passed to Stan who gave a first time pass for Emre, who got away from Legrottaglie and then he gave a great vertical(through) pass for Martins, who did a great job to stay on his feet, as Zambrotta was holding him for his shirt.
    Io ho il coure Neroazzurro.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    That move was a very good one:

Emre - Veron - Stankovic - Emre - Martins - BAM !!!!!!! Inter wins the Tim Cup