Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colombia = Drugs. Do you guys really think that way?

Colombia = Drugs. Do you guys really think that way?

I just checked the Copa America Thread in International Football & World Cup 2006, everything was ok until i read this here:

GO Colombia because Cordoba and because DRUG

so, i asked myself: is "drugs", guys the first word that comes to your minds when you hear "Colombia"??, Do you guys think that most colombian people sell or consume drugs??, Do you think that i can find drugs everywhere in Bogota or in any place of Colombia?? everytime you see a colombian person, do you think that he consumes or sells drugs?? do you think that drugs are the main product to export in Colombia??

SHIT!! NO!!!!

how the hell did we get this stupid reputation?? (fucking Escobar ) , god, Colombia is a beatiful country, being honest, ive never seen lively a drug(off course in TV ive done), the only people that know about drugs are Guerilla, they produce them and sell them to US or Europe, most of people here hate drugs and hate terrorist , off course there are drug consumers(not so much)as you can find them in your own country, drugs are not allowed here, COLOMBIA DOESNT MEAN DRUGS!!!

maybe some of you dont think like that, but i just wanted to clarify this situation, and id like to know you opinions.
    Yep, that\'s me...

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    My best friend is Colombian and tells me it's very easy to get drugs in Colombia, but it's like that over here in the United States too.

Answering your question, no. But, when i think of your country i feel they are very much like my own Haiti because it's naturally beautiful but just has it's huge share of idiots.

Btw, i must say you guys produce some of the hottest latinas here in Miami. You do know that we have a mix of all the Carribean and South American ladies eh?
    Nulla č impossibile per questa Inter

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    First thing that sprung into my mine when someone said Colombia: Ivan Ramiro Cordoba.

But honestly, drug is second. Well, I guess you can blame it on Hollywood as well.

Oh, and don't abuse the 'Caps Lock'.

Handyo

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    F
    He seemed pretty mad, and you know using caps is the equivalent of shouting at the top of your lungs.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    First thing that sprung into my mine when someone said Colombia: Ivan Ramiro Cordoba.

But honestly, drug is second. Well, I guess you can blame it on Hollywood as well.
    I also exactly feel the same way, including the hollywood part.
    But since you said that it's not like that, I trust you.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Greece

83 10 years of FIF
    The first team that is coming in my mind when I hear the word "Colombia"

is Carlos Valderama!
    INTER PER SEMPRE!

RUBE MERDA

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    Valderama is very much overrated by the Colombian people, though. I've even heard a few of them saying that he's better then Maradona.

Andres, does he still have that goofy afro?

Valderama was one of the best ball passers in the world. He was a complete midfielder. Well when I hear the name Colombia, I think of Drugs yeah. Same goes with The Netheralnds.
    Sveglia Ragazzi...Bilan e Rubentus non sono cosė stellari.

Our time will come, with or without your approval!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerazzurro
    F
    He seemed pretty mad, and you know using caps is the equivalent of shouting at the top of your lungs.
    well, i wasnt That mad , but i hate the reputation that we have in the world , no problem anyway, i wont abuse the 'Caps Lock' this way again, at least ill try

Quote Originally Posted by Pravesh

I also exactly feel the same way, including the hollywood part.
    But since you said that it's not like that, I trust you.
    yep, i think they have a lot of reponsability in our reputation, movies like.. , well i dont remember, but one with Arnold Schwarzenegger(i had to search in google to type correctly his name ).

Quote Originally Posted by Nerazzurro
    Valderama is very much overrated by the Colombian people, though. I've even heard a few of them saying that he's better then Maradona.

Andres, does he still have that goofy afro?
    first, he is not overrated here! , ive never seen a person saying that he is better than Maradona, please, maybe those you say were colombian drunk people , "El Pibe"(as we call him) is probably out of the 10 or 20(or maybe more) best soccer players ever, we love him because he is the best colombian soccer player ever, and he is the simbol of our soccer, because his playing-way(paused) is the same of colombian style, he makes part of our identity, he is a very charismatic person and took our country to 3 world cups with some other players(Asprilla, Alvarez, Higuita, Cordoba(not ivan, Oscar, GK, Besiktas), Herrera, Rincon, Valencia, Escobar, ETC), but he was the captain and the simbol of our NT

well, and about he is afro, well, i dont think it is goffy , just an style of his origyn place, and yep, he still has it.

some of these are pics of his tribute match.
    Yep, that\'s me...

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

When thinking of Columbia, first thing that comes to my mind is Shakira.

I donīt know much about Columbia, i saw one document (from Shakira - Live & Off the record DVD) where she talked about her home country and difficulties around there. She didnīt mention any drugs, but she talked about politics and did mention how you have corrupted politicians.

Anyway, enough of that. Politics is forbidden in this forum.

All i know is that Columbia is a beautiful country.
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia pių grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

When i hear of Columbia, Coffee jumps to my mind. Columbia produces one of the best coffee in the world. Unfortunately, the second thing is drugs. But i know of stereotyping and how painful it is, you don't have to tell me!!!

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Columbia - X
    Colombia -

Columbia is a state of US.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

I guess i mixed the spelling with British Columbia which is a state in Canada. My apologies to Andres and the people of Colombia.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Unfortunately, the first names that comes to my mind when i think of Colombia is actually the drugs & the cartels. Fortunately, i do not simply stereotype; i know Colombia is a more fascinating place than just about the drugs. It is just that over the many many years, the idea of Colombia being a drug haven has been imbued in us.

It is just like Italy for example. Most people would either associate the country with the Mafia, Serie A or Pizza.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Finland

39 10 years of FIF

Handyo
    When I read Andres' post, I had the exactly same thoughts to reply as you Han. But I'm not saying that I think Colombia is nothing but drugs. It's just like you Andres said, idiots like Pablo Escobar makes your beautiful country famous just with those bad things (and Hollywood multiplies this "famousness"). For you, Pablo

Coffee comes also to my mind when talking about Colombia, though I'm not drinking it.

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    An assumption of JUST Drugs is just plain stupid..Colombia is a beautiful country with lots of things to offer..
    When i talk about it with my Colombian friends its always Colombian football that we talk about..(Cordoba,Valderama,Rincon scoring on Germany in the last minutein 1990)
    Other things that come to mind is Coffee since i hear its the best(i dont drink coffee so i wouldnt really know)
    Plus u guys got Shakira..(who has arab blood by the way too)

The thing is as my fellow Inter friends have mentioned its because of Hollywood,and the Escobar era...Every country can be known for a bad thing, it shouldnt overshadow the good.

Plus there are drugs all over the WORLD...Its a global issue
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Ziyad
    An assumption of JUST Drugs is just plain stupid..Colombia is a beautiful country with lots of things to offer..
    You are very right there. Only ignorance can afford a human being to associate any country with just the negatives - in this case, to identify Colombia with drugs & violence only. It's sad if there are people around who still think this way.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Hm... Wasnīt Valderama a goalkeeper? I remember when the ball was near the goal line and he cleared the ball with his back heels. LOL Wonderful!

Well coffee comes to mind. I didnīt know you had drug problems there... It is sad that it got that reputation if it is onlythe Guerilla...
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Gismo
    Hm... Wasnīt Valderama a goalkeeper? I remember when the ball was near the goal line and he cleared the ball with his back heels. LOL Wonderful!

Well coffee comes to mind. I didnīt know you had drug problems there... It is sad that it got that reputation if it is onlythe Guerilla...
    No that wasn't Valderrama, that was Rene Higuita, and the save he made was dubbed "The Scorpion Kick". And yeah, that was one hell of a kick he made too.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Oh. Then my dad misinformed me... Or confused the names then. Do you have time to chat, Tim?
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti