Thread: Is it possible to remove ads if I donate?

England

Is it possible to remove ads if I donate?

Hey all.

Well I havenít really been posting much since I registered, but thatís because Iíve been without a computer up until a couple weeks back and Iíve only just remembered I registered here. Iíve been browsing a bit for the past couple days, and I would like to know if I donate cash is it possible for me to get the ads removed? Some Forums I know of do it, and Iím certain itís possible with a vBulletin.

Once I start to use the site more, I will donate, as Iíve had a Forum similar to this and understand the amount of time, effort and cash it takes to keep it running. I respect the adminís and moderators here, your doing a fine job! Keep up the good work!

Iíve had a look through some stickies and done some searching but I couldnít find anything, so Iím sorry if Iíve missed it but I did try!

Thanks
    NERAZZURRI

I believe the ads were the only solution that the board could find to deal with the increasing amount of cash needed to keep the forums running, because as this is a large forum it requires a significant amount of cash to keep it up, an amount of money that could no longer be supported by our board or even through donations.

Well, this is what I understood from Handoyo's (our money man ) explanation, I'm sure that he or someone from the board will give you a more correct answer.

Welcome back by the way.

England

Quote Originally Posted by Pi
    I believe the ads were the only solution that the board could find to deal with the increasing amount of cash needed to keep the forums running, because as this is a large forum it requires a significant amount of cash to keep it up, an amount of money that could no longer be supported by our board or even through donations.

Well, this is what I understood from Handoyo's (our money man ) explanation, I'm sure that he or someone from the board will give you a more correct answer.

Welcome back by the way.
    Thanks for the quick response and the welcome .

Yeah that makes senseÖ I found a thread that was posted not so long ago where an admin replied here. Basically it looks like removing the ads is a complete no-noÖ Ah well I guess there not making any noise like people were saying in that post. But still, Iím a perfectionist and without the ads, this board is perfect . And Iím willing to pay!
    NERAZZURRI

Fav. Player
    Milito

Hong Kong

81 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Masey
    Thanks for the quick response and the welcome .

Yeah that makes senseÖ I found a thread that was posted not so long ago where an admin replied here. Basically it looks like removing the ads is a complete no-noÖ Ah well I guess there not making any noise like people were saying in that post. But still, Iím a perfectionist and without the ads, this board is perfect . And Iím willing to pay!
    Go download firefox and the adblock extension. I have never seen a single ad on this forum.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Hi there.

I really appreciate your offer. However, it is very unlikely that we will remove the ads because since the forum is very big, it cost hundreds of dollars per month for its server bills.

We have used StartLogic and HostGator since the beginning of the forum and the experience of working with these server has been horrifying, to say the least. We experienced a lot of downtime, database deletion and huge rising cost. Before we finally switched to this free server, it costed us US$175 per month.

So, unless you're willing to shoulder hundreds of dollars of server bills per month, it is very unlikely that we'll remove the ads.

Besides, from my own experience, I have been extremely delighted with this free server. They have responded to all our queries promptly, we have had extremely minute amount of downtime and best of all, it's free!

We made the decision that's best for the long term future of the forum, and we felt that we've made the right one.

Handyo

England

Thanks for the replies. Iíve tried Firefox before and didnít really get on with layout, but Iíll definitely try it again. So many people have told me I should get it, so it must be good!

Handoyo, I completely understand and to be honest, the ads arenít really a big issue for me. Obviously I would prefer if they wasnít there, but wouldnít we all? Plus when youíre reading a post, you canít even see them so itís fine. I was just curious if it were possible.

Iím glad youíve found a reliable host, and Iím sure youíve made the correct decision . You have a really nice Forum here!
    NERAZZURRI

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Thanks for the replies. Iíve tried Firefox before and didnít really get on with layout, but Iíll definitely try it again. So many people have told me I should get it, so it must be good!
    Try it. I was very comfortable with Avant Browser before Tim finally succeded convincing me to change to Firefox. I've never looked back.

Handoyo, I completely understand and to be honest, the ads arenít really a big issue for me. Obviously I would prefer if they wasnít there, but wouldnít we all? Plus when youíre reading a post, you canít even see them so itís fine. I was just curious if it were possible.

Iím glad youíve found a reliable host, and Iím sure youíve made the correct decision . You have a really nice Forum here!
    Yes, for me, the ads aren't a big issue because of that too. I don't even bother downloading an ad-blocker because as soon as the page loads up, I scroll it down anyway.

Thanks for the offer, really.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Don't like ads just use FF. No more ads.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

I like ads, they have some cool movies there...
    MERDA ROSSONERA-TI ODIO

RISPETTO PER TUTTI...PIETA PER NESSUNO

PER L'HONORE DELLA MAGLIA SIAMO PRONTI ALLA BATTAGLIA

Vinci ad Atene, godi in Europa...torni in Italia e ti scopri un idiota -36