Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Derby report back

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

My Derby report back

Firstly I have to say this was a trip a will never ever forget. It was simply amazing. Milan is a fantastic city. All the people treated me very well. All of them were totally willing to help me out even though my knowledge of the italian language is at best very very limited. 99% had no problem to speak english with me.

I owe a big thank you to the guys at San Siro store and the Inter fan clubs organisation( not sure about the italian name). They helped me get tickets to this game. My contact at Sky Sports italia which will remain nameless tells me on thursday night when I am in milan no I can't get tickets to the game anymore. Now at this stage it's total panic. Then the next day I go and take a tour of San Siro asks the tour guide how I would be able to get tickets now she tells me I should come early sunday morning and buy them of the alternative market but watch out for the real fake tickets. Now after this I go and spend something like R3000 on Inter gear and then ask the guy in the store were I can get some tickets He tells me just around the corner at San Siro. I get there the guy tells me to come back in an hour. Now stressing for a hour is never fun but this was even worse. Now I come back after an hour I pay and get my tickets. Actually paid cheaper for my derby tickets than for the Milan -Celtic game which I also managed to see . Paid 32 euros for a ticket to the orange section for the derby while I got tickets to the celtic game for 100 euros.

Now after arriving back at my hotel room panic sets in again when I see the name on my ticket is spelled wrong. My Surname is spelled right and my name is right but for one letter. Now it's too late to go back on the friday and when I get there on the saterday the office is closed so I am stressed all the way upto actually get in at the gate on the sunday afternoon. But finally my stress goes down when the guard just sort of glances at my ticket and passport and lets me through. The only issue at the gates were that they conficated some flag poles. They let in flags but not flags which were attached to poles.

Now we are sitting down and we get some whistles and only when Ronaldo touches the ball I relises why when the whole stadium starts whisling when he touches the ball. So I join in. This was a great feeling even if it was damped when he scored. But then Cruz and Ibra made this a memory I will never ever forget. the only downside of my whole week in italy was the result with valencia going out on away goals again is really horrible. Still believe had Viera and Cambiasso been fit we would have been through.

As an Interista if you can you have to attend a Derby in your life time the money is worth it. It doesn't make you a better Interista but it gives you something you will treasure forever.

Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Deki, Maxwell,

Nice pictures dude

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    AMAZING

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Norway

Nice, man. Really great.

Happy you were more lucky with tickets than I was. Will go see the Derby some time, for sure.
    "It will be born here, at the "Orologio (Watch)" restaurant, meeting place of artists and it will be always a team of great talent. On this splendid night it's colours will be given: The black and the blue with a golden background of the stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Mourinho for Inter coach 2008/2009! --> Mourinho = Inter coach 2008/2009!

Lucky bastard!!! Good for you...

One day I'll be there
    FORZA INTER
    NON MOLLARE MAI

Fav. Player
    Wonder if I can

GREAT, GREAT, GREAT!!!

After all that years of pain it's great to see someone enjoying himself as an Interista.

Some people were against a female name as my nick. Strange, don't you think?

But no, I did not left only because of it. Don't worry, there is a brand new superhero who will save everyone. I just have mental issues and I am freaking disgusting.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Estonia

40 Forum Supporter
    Amazing dude. Some great pics. Im seriously planning for next year.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Great pics, are the organisation you're referring to the Centro Coordinamento Inter Club (CCIC)?

And do the fans sing in that area of the stadium?

"Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Stankovic

Top job Stefan!! Glad you had a great time
    When you scored you went to celebrate with Mancini. What did you want to do to him?
    "I shook him a bit; I could have hurt him... (smiles). Jokes aside, when you score a goal there are ten seconds in which you forget everything."

Stankovic after milan match

England

Thanks so much for the pictures! Glad you had a great time .
    NERAZZURRI

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

good post.

I dont think you could've looked any more excited, like relax.

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Sounds like you had a good time. Good pics man.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Great that you fulfilled your dreams.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

Thanks so much for the post !!
    Enjoying it

Fav. Player
    JZ

Hungary

Hey Stefan, glad you made it, too bad we didn't meet.

Next time don't worry about a wrong-spelled name on the ticket, nothing has changed really in terms of stadium security.
    100% record when attending games, Moratti, please hire me!

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Fratelli d'Italia View Post
    Great pics, are the organisation you're referring to the Centro Coordinamento Inter Club (CCIC)?

And do the fans sing in that area of the stadium?

Yeah thats the name CCIC. They sing but not the whole time they like take their que from the nord or if the milan ultras started to sing then the orange section started and pretty much drowned them out.

And thanx for all the compliments guys.

Another thing which I found out about this trip is that some guards care about passports and others not. We also went to the celtic game but we didn't now before hand that you had to take id so we bought tickets from the guy outside the stadium then when the gates open we try to enter San Siro the guard so no can do. So we take the trip back our hotel to get the passports. We get back in an hour but now the place is growded with a lot of scots trying to get in. Now when we get into the gate the guy doesn't even ask for id.

That was quite a waste we could have just stayed at the little bar outside the stadium till closer to the game.
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Great to see another intersita fulfilling his/her dream! I remember how nervous you were after the Catania incident, so Iím glad everything went your way. Thanks for the report
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Great news stefan,glad you enjoyed yourself,hopefully next year i will go to milan and watch the derby,something i have on my mind to do in the coming year INS.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forgot to mention Helal shouldn't visit the san siro museum. He would probaly smash the Vieri statue in there.
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti and h

Great to see that you enjoyed yourself and those are some awesome pics. BUT what is the deal with the Milan CL game? I know it is the CL but they are still Milan.

The way I look at it you went to two Milan games and one Inter game by coincidence. Are you some kind of Milanista in disguise Stefan??

"It is not about what I've done, it is about what I am going to do"

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didnt exist".