Thread: Fight at Mestalla bans

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Panama

46 10 years of FIF

Fight at Mestalla bans

UEFA BANS FOR FOUR INTER PLAYERS
    Wednesday, 14 March 2007 14:26:54
    NYON - The UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body has fined Inter 250,000 Swiss Francs (155,772 euros) following last week's incidents in Valencia. Nicolas Burdisso and Maicon have been banned for six matches, while Ivan Cordoba and Julio Cruz have received three and two-match bans respectively.

Finland

Navarro got seven month ban and Marchena four matches. Apparently UEFA is trying to extend Navarro's suspension to international level too. It would also apply to any football competitions, including domestic leagues and national-team matches.
    V.R.S

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Probaly a fair verdict. Means no maicon or burdisso for the group games but we have the summer mercato to make some plans.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    I think we will appeal. Its a little excessive on Maicon and Burdisso considering that Burdisso was reacting to abuse and didnt even touch Marchena and Maicon was reacting to a guy who just punched and ran like a chicken. .

But since we are Inter and we play in the Serie A, we will be forced to accept the bans, to me a 3 match ban to Maicon and Burdisso seems the most likely result of an appeal.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Suneet View Post
    I think we will appeal. Its a little excessive on Maicon and Burdisso considering that Burdisso was reacting to abuse and didnt even touch Marchena and Maicon was reacting to a guy who just punched and ran like a chicken. .

But since we are Inter and we play in the Serie A, we will be forced to accept the bans, to me a 3 match ban to Maicon and Burdisso seems the most likely result of an appeal.
    Appealing is a risk. You can also get longer bans if they find the bans too fair under appeal. Personally think we should accept the ban and move on.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Appealing is a risk. You can also get longer bans if they find the bans too fair under appeal. Personally think we should accept the ban and move on.
    Not sure about that...sure they deserve bans....but 6 matches may be too much for getting ur nose broken..

what have they done..
    Burdisso...reacted to some abuse ?
    Maicon...attacked cos his teammate was hit :S
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Marchena should get a ban atleast as big as Burdisso
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Estonia

40 Forum Supporter
    Navarro fcker got a 7 month long expulsion from football. And it will be quite dif without Nico and Maicon frm the group games next year, but we`re Inter. This year, if we managed 2nd place after 2 defeats, then we can easily handle this. Lets just move on.

Fav. Player
    J.Z.

China

Quote Originally Posted by deadman1289 View Post
    Nicolas Burdisso and Maicon have been banned for six matches, while Ivan Cordoba and Julio Cruz have received three and two-match bans respectively.
    That means:
    Next season we play all CL group stage matches without Burdisso and Maicon,

And no Cordoba for half of them.

Two-match ban on Cruz is not that harsh, however our defense will experience a difficult situation by this punishment...

p.s. Why UEFA didn't ban Valencia? IMO they should have been asked to play all their home matches behind the closed door as well. :O
    \"I started my career at Inter and finished it with this shirt. But the situation today is much different from what it was like in my days.\"

Giacinto Facchetti, July 05, 2005

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti and h

It is hilarious that in theory Navarro could play in Europe before Burdisso can next year if his suspension runs through the summer.

What a joke, these bans are ridiculously exaggerated considering the conduct of the players and Valencia as a club.
    "It is not about what I've done, it is about what I am going to do"

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didnt exist".

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    So we'll miss 2 of our possible RBs?

This means that Zanetti is 100% going to play every single game in the group stage as a RB. The legend needs some rest!

This also means that Samuel and Materazzi will play almost every single game too.

I say lets lose our games in Serie A and get the third place so we can play two games in the CL qualification stage.
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, è la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Have you forgotten that we are allowed to buy players?

Fav. Player
    J.Z.

China

Yes we can. But on market who has the same calibre as these lads?
    And would this new-signing become surplus when those bans are completed?

Hmm maybe Andreolli's time has come...
    \"I started my career at Inter and finished it with this shirt. But the situation today is much different from what it was like in my days.\"

Giacinto Facchetti, July 05, 2005

Hungary

this is ridiculous
    F*CK uefa and F*CK the Merda valencia
    motherf*ckers
    goddamn what the f*ck how the hell can Inter came out worse than these b*tches from this situation?????????? HOW THE F*CK CAN THESE MERDE C*CKSUCKERS AVOID the punishment they deserve???????????????? WTF is going on here???
    f*ckavarro and b*tchena should be banned for at least one year from any football! mestalla should be closed for about 10 international games!
    why do i feel that everyone keeps f*cking with Inter like some pin cushion?
    this can't be serious...
    "All right, Mr. Wright!" - György Szepesi, 1953. 11. 25., Wembley (Hungary-England)

Syria

10 years of FIF
    im quite happy with that...could of been much worse for burdisso.

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Isn't it a great time to start using Andreolli?

There is no point getting a replacement just because our Maicon, Cordoba, and Burdisso are going to miss a couple of group stage games. Andreolli and J.Zanetti can rotate at times to fill in the RB role.
    Wallace

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

Uefa are f-ckin asswipes, they cant manage anything at all. They should go and drown themselves
    And I cant believe that Marchena got less punishments than Burdisso and Maicon. Burdisso I admit deserved some ban, but Maicon was only protecting his teammate, and shouldnt have gotten any ban at all. Let alone freakin 6 mathches. Cruz's and Cordoba's bans are even bigger joke, as they only chased after Navvaro and didnt even hit anyone.

MAybe next time some player hits Buridisso balls, Maicon should just run after him, stop him and say 'I would hit you so hard in your balls, but Uefa doesnt allow me, so I will let you go'

I am happy with Navvaro's ban, jackass deserves it. I wish they had given him a financial penalty as well.

I am surpirsed at Toldo though, I think he should have gotten something for going into the Valencian locker room. It JUST DOESNT MAKE SENSE TO IMPOSE BANs ON MAICON, CRUZ AND CORDOBA
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by h2o View Post
    im quite happy with that...could of been much worse for burdisso.
    True. I was fearing the worse - after all, Burdisso was the one that got physical in the first place.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Adnan View Post
    So we'll miss 2 of our possible RBs?

This means that Zanetti is 100% going to play every single game in the group stage as a RB. The legend needs some rest!

This also means that Samuel and Materazzi will play almost every single game too.

I say lets lose our games in Serie A and get the third place so we can play two games in the CL qualification stage.
    Most of the teams always play with the best team in Champions League group phase till they book the place for the next round, thus there's not big deal for players like J.Zanetti, Matrix, Samuel to play every single games of the Champions League games. If they really need to be rested, then Maicon, Cordoba, Burdisso are there to replace them in Serie league games.

Maicon, Burdisso, Cordoba - League players
    J.Zanetti, Matrix, Samuel - Champs League players

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    To be honest, this ban could be a blessing in disguise because right now, it will be very unlikely that Inter will sell Samuel come this summer as we need Il muro badly for the CL group stage.

Handyo