Thread: Swimming & Water Sports

Fav. Player
    JZ

Hungary

Swimming & Water Sports

With the Swimming WC going on I tried to find a thread about this but it seems no one has opened such a topic yet.

Our boys just beat Spain in the semis of water polo, final vs Croatia on Sunday, the title is coming back home!
    100% record when attending games, Moratti, please hire me!

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

Hey Zamat, I'm following the championship too, specially water polo..

That should be a great finale, hopefully Croatia is going to take the title for the first time since getting independant.. Hungary probably is the favourite, but after our confident victory over Serbia this morning, I'm not so sure about it anymore..

Last time we had a similiar chat about Hanball WC when our teams met, I just hope for the same outcome in water polo..
    MILAN A.C.

Fav. Player
    JZ

Hungary

Not this time.

Well before the tournament everyone thought that the Serbs and us are favourites (you could say that's the scenario in the past 7-8 years...), but you guys annihilated the Serbs in style so of course I'm nervous before the final, but I'm still confident our boys can pull it off.

That would mean we'd be reigning Olympic and World Champs again since we won this competition both in Sydney and Athens. Personally I'd have preferred the Serbs in the final ONLY because I wanted revenge for our losses in the past years at the world & euro champs, world league etc, but I guess my revenge can wait until next years Olympic final.

I used to play water polo, in my opinion one of the hardest and most violent sports
    MERDA ROSSONERA-TI ODIO

RISPETTO PER TUTTI...PIETA PER NESSUNO

PER L'HONORE DELLA MAGLIA SIAMO PRONTI ALLA BATTAGLIA

Vinci ad Atene, godi in Europa...torni in Italia e ti scopri un idiota -36

Fav. Player
    Materazzi, Stan

Australia

many serbian and croation fans clashed outside the stadium. police had to break it up.
    hal says:
    but u should see the curves ive formed on the stomach i love touching myslef
    hal says:
    there i said it.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    canadians favourite water sport: golden showers.

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    My bets will go on Croats in the final, they have very good team, perfect spirit like allways and most important the best centers and the best coach in the world.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

Croatia is the new World Champion!!

What a great start of a day, I lost my voice because of the constant screaming during the match.. Nothing is sweeter than a win in finale after extra time, specialy if it was achieved against a great rival..

Btw, swimming is also very interesting to watch, so many new World records were set in this Championship..Australians and Americans are untouchable at the moment, also Manadou from France is excellent and good looking, too..
    MILAN A.C.

Fav. Player
    JZ

Hungary

Congrats, I'll have to settle for winning the Olympics next year.

It was a great game indeed, I think between two perfectly even teams, with the Croatians taking it by being a little bit more lucky than us in a game where I think both sides would've deserved a win.
    We had 2 great chances to end the game in the 4th quarter, one at 7-5, then another at 7-6 but unlucky for is in both occasions youngsters had those chances and missed them. A more experienced player would've scored either of those, but sport is just like this...

Congrats again

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by Zamat View Post
    We had 2 great chances to end the game in the 4th quarter, one at 7-5, then another at 7-6 but unlucky for is in both occasions youngsters had those chances and missed them. A more experienced player would've scored either of those, but sport is just like this...

Congrats again
    That's right, you should've closed the match in that period, but our GK had a superb match and the players responded great to the challenge..The player(P. Marković) that scored both of our goals in extra time, scored only 3 times in the whole tournament, can you believe it!?

As for your team, I thought that Kasas and Biros were too quiet for this kind of match, specially the latter who allways had the best matches against us..I guess our manager Rudić had another win on a tactical battlefield..

Thanks for the congrats Zamat, now we have a battle to win it together, I'm sure you know what I mean..
    MILAN A.C.

Fav. Player
    JZ

Hungary

Yeah, the battle of April 18th!! Forza Euro2012!

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    Handball, Water Polo, Tennis,...whats next Croatia??
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

Fav. Player
    JZ

Hungary

Pro Recco, the team from Milano won the Water Polo Euroleague.
    They beat Olympiakos in the semi-final, just to make Yuko happy.

Tamas Kasas scored 3 in the final against Jug Dubrovnik, Partizan Belgrade won the bronze match vs Olympiakos.