Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Left Back Dilemna

Left Back Dilemna

Sunday, 01 August 2004
    by Nadia Carminati
    Internazionale's new coach Roberto Mancini has a dilemma on his hands on whether to bring in Apreciado Cesar or Marek Jankulovski as his new left back.
    The Giuseppe Meazza side have been busy in the transfer market this summer, after landing Sinisa Mihajlovic and Ze Maria, but it is unlikely the shopping spree will end there.

Mancini knows Cesar very well from his time with Lazio, while Jankulovski is keen to leave Udinese in search of a bigger club following an impressive Euro 2004 showing.

"I'd be happy in the case of Cesar's arrival because I know him very well, so he knows what I want," said Mancini.

"Jankulovski would surely not be second choice. As for quality and potential there is not a lot of difference between him and Cesar."

Which left back would you prefer ?
    Or would you prefer someone else?

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Lol this is getting silly. We have Coco and Favalli to play as LB. we can't sell Favalli since we just bought him, so would we get rid of Coco if Cesar or Jankulowski come? After waiting for him all this time? I hope not.

And Cesar is a LW not a LB. If you tell me that he can defend as well, you're lying hehe It would be like playing with Kily as LB...

By the way, Pasquale is still with us as well...
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Whats the point of getting Cesar or Jankulovski to have them play as Leftbacks? We have 3 already, Favalli, Coco, and Pasquale. If anything we need could use one of them as a LW though we already have enough players who could play in that position.

Kily
    Emre
    Stankovic
    Zicu
    Recoba
    Karagounis
    J. Zanetti

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

Hmm let's sign Marek and Cesar altogether..

I think the real dilema is not who r we gonna choose, but who's gonna start...

we have seen how good our transfer master got many players with good price..

now, we need to see how good they are in selling players with good price

Quote Originally Posted by BDragon2k2
    Whats the point of getting Cesar or Jankulovski to have them play as Leftbacks? We have 3 already, Favalli, Coco, and Pasquale. If anything we need could use one of them as a LW though we already have enough players who could play in that position.

Kily
    Emre
    Stankovic
    Zicu
    Recoba
    Karagounis
    J. Zanetti
    Finally somebody says it. If anything I'm against getting Cesar. If we have to get left-sided player, let's get Jankulovski who's good full-back. Winger we don't need. I hope it's Emre, Kily or Deki on the left and Deki or VDM on the right. And Chino as a forward with Adriano..

Adriano Chino
    Emre Davids Veron Deki
    Coco Cordoba Matrix JZ
    Toldo

so basicly Deki on the left if Andy plays and on the right if Emre plays.. And still there is Kily who was great in Copa.. Why in the heck we want to sign winger????

Fav. Player
    Deki, Samuel

10 years of FIF
    Cesar or nothing.He is one of the best in his position.Jankulovski is nothing special.We have players of his quality.
    H. Cuper - Uno Di Noi Per Sempre !
    John Frusciante -

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    I have made up my mind …. It should be Cesar, or no one else, if we have to choose between Cesar and Jankulovski !!

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Are we really planning to buy yet another player?

If i had to choose, i would choose Jankulovski. No doubt about it. He´s been one of my favourite ´bout four years now. To me it seems that he´s better offensively, faster, dribbles better, is more skillful, crosses better, has the most lethal left foot that i know of, shoots better, has an awesome free-kicks etc. Cesar is only better in defensively. Jankulovski would beat Cesar 8 to 1.
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia più grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi

If i had to choose, i would choose Jankulovski. No doubt about it. He´s been one of my favourite ´bout four years now. To me it seems that he´s better offensively, faster, dribbles better, is more skillful, crosses better, has the most lethal left foot that i know of, shoots better, has an awesome free-kicks etc. Cesar is only better in defensively. Jankulovski would beat Cesar 8 to 1.
    but Udinese fans are saying that it's not same now and it was not that good season for him last season, which I am not sure of it.

Also: Jankulovski played as LB in EURO 2004, isn't it ? Or am I wrong again

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Pravesh

but Udinese fans are saying that it's not same now and it was not that good season for him last season, which I am not sure of it.

Also: Jankulovski played as LB in EURO 2004, isn't it ? Or am I wrong again
    Maybe we just want Jankulovski and Cesar because Juve wants them too
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Prav calm down You were right Jankulovski did play as a LB for the Czech Republic in the Euros.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by BDragon2k2
    Prav calm down You were right Jankulovski did play as a LB for the Czech Republic in the Euros.
    Yes, I am getting mad ..... :cry2:

Quote Originally Posted by frisko
    i dont think so .......its because they are great players.....who could apport to us more talent in the wingside.
    inter non mollare mai

how can cesar be better defensively than Jankulovski when he is a left back and Cesars a winger.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by samito
    i dont think so .......its because they are great players.....who could apport to us more talent in the wingside.
    I think Coco can do better than both of them, if he stays fit.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Elliott
    how can cesar be better defensively than Jankulovski when he is a left back and Cesars a winger.

Amen
    inter non mollare mai

Jimmy
    Seems as many here have only watched Jankulovski play in the Euro 2004.

He´s NOT a left back. At Udinese he has played as a left winger and an offensive one at that.

Really. i dont think so ....beside the three of them plays almost the same position.....but the have diferrent talents........

coco imo the the best of them defending
    cesar is the has the best crosses
    and jankulovsky is the one who has the better ability and contrtol with the ball.....plus he could combine his defence ability with the attacking one .....and we will have a key player in him......

so. my choicec would be janku
    inter non mollare mai

Give Coco a chance. He deserves it. Don't sign anyone. No fullback, no winger.

Come on.. :

Coco
    Favalli
    Pasquale

Kily
    Emre
    Recoba
    Karagounis
    Stankovic
    Zicu

Last time, do we really need Cesar or Janku? Not atleast to play as a winger..

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by samito
    Really. i dont think so ....beside the three of them plays almost the same position.....but the have diferrent talents........

coco imo the the best of them defending
    cesar is the has the best crosses
    and jankulovsky is the one who has the better ability and contrtol with the ball.....plus he could combine his defence ability with the attacking one .....and we will have a key player in him......

so. my choicec would be janku
    If we play with Emre-Recoba on the left, we need a player with good defensive abilities on the LB position. That's why I rather Coco.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion