Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Left Back Dilemna

Inter are still after a leftback who would you all rather have filling this spot. Alot of you seem to hold Potenza in high esteem (unfortunately I have never seen him) I really fancy R.Carlos but it doesn't look like he is leaving REAL.

I would agree with Adriano ... Inter have to start selling players, we have too many players who have high salaries and offer little or nothing in terms of squad strength.

Favalli, Matrix, CZ, Cruz/Vieri/Recoba, Karagouns, Davids, VDM can all be sold ... n they should be sold b4 its too late when their value is reduced.

Potenza is one for the future .. though i have never seen him play .. have heard a lot about him. Coco should be able to make it next season.
    When The Going Gets Tough ... We\'ll Together Survive The INTERbulent Storms ... May The Madonnina Smile Upon Us.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by K2
    Favalli, Matrix, CZ, Cruz/Vieri/Recoba, Karagouns, Davids, VDM can all be sold ... n they should be sold b4 its too late when their value is reduced.
    Coco should be able to make it next season.
    Favalli: Keep
    Matrix: Keep
    CZ: I hope you're kidding me. Keep and extend his contract another 10 years.
    Cruz: Keep
    Vieri: Keep
    Recoba: Sell
    Karagounis: Sell
    Davids: Sell
    VDM: Keep
    Coco: pay someone to get him
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Deki, Samuel

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Frisko

Why ?Isn't it proved enought that VDM can do nothing and that Vieri's contract is ruining our club ?
    Just asking
    H. Cuper - Uno Di Noi Per Sempre !
    John Frusciante -

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Pod

Why ?Isn't it proved enought that VDM can do nothing and that Vieri's contract is ruining our club ?
    Just asking
    VDM had many good games this season.

Vieri could take a pay cut and end his career with us. I'm sure he'd do it, he loves Inter, Moratti, Mancini.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

My thoughts on the players mentioned by Frisko...

Favalli: Sell
    Matrix: Sell
    CZ: Keep
    Cruz: Keep
    Vieri: Sell
    Recoba: Sell
    Karagounis: Keep
    Davids: Sell
    VDM: Keep (if we don't get Esposito)
    Coco: Sell
    INTER - 2006-2007 - SCUDETTO
    ------------ADRIANO-----IBRAHIMOVIC
    --------------------LUIS FIGO
    -----STANKOVIC---CAMBIASSO---P. VIEIRA
    F. GROSSO----SAMUEL---CORDOBA---J. ZANETTI
    --------------------F. TOLDO

Confidence is half of victory. - Yiddish Proverb

Has anyone even though about Karagounis as the left winger? Didn't he play that position back at Pana? It's definately worth a shot. The guys quality and sadly, we haven't been able to utilise his full potential.

Well i said that we can sell CZ ... coz he cannot score and with Cambiasso on song I think we can get rid of him ... I never liked him personally.

And with the squad size we would have with the kind of player Frisko wants ... we would need someone like Roman Abro
    When The Going Gets Tough ... We\'ll Together Survive The INTERbulent Storms ... May The Madonnina Smile Upon Us.

Jimmy
    You do realise of course that Cristiano Zanetti is a defensive midfielder and not someone who is supposed to score? His job is to be destructive, not creative. To sell him based on that he can't score, would be weird.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    You do realise of course that Cristiano Zanetti is a defensive midfielder and not someone who is supposed to score? His job is to be destructive, not creative. To sell him based on that he can't score, would be weird.
    Indeed. I would be happy if we keep C.Zanetti, but not to start alongside Cambiasso. He can be the back up player for Cambiasso's position.

I do realise that ... and I think that Cambiasso is a better ball winner than CZ ... and not as selfish as CZ. CZ tries to go for the glory on so many occasions and fails ... whereas Cambiasso does score because he present at the right place at the right time. The work rate of Cambiasso is much better than that of CZ.

Jimmy
    Cambiasso is naturally a two-way midfielder while Cristiano has always been a pure ballwinner. Of course, Cambiasso will go forward more! And especially as Mancini also uses this tactic. Cambiasso goes forward and Cristiano covers up. Hence you'll not see Cristiano outside the penalty box.

I do not still see CZ fit in the squad .. he is not that good really ... we can work with someone who is pure central midfielder rather than just a ball winner ... even Emre is better than him ... j/k

I have always been a major critic of CZ but this season his form has improved and he has put in some good performances. I was particularly impressed with his Milan derby performance that is in Serie A though.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

It's clear that this season has thought some people nothing
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

CZ could work well this season only because he had Cambiasso in such excellent form. Alone he would be a nightmare ... seriously even though i may incur the wrath of Capitano again

Fav. Player
    Alvaro Recoba

10 years of FIF
    why in the hell we want left back anymore?? inter probably have the most left legger players in the world...

coco are one of the best left back player initaly and the world...so, why want more if u already have it? don be so greedey and it would be bargain too buy too many LB player....

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Was it just me, or did Kily put in a better than decent performance at left back in the second half last evening?

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by catanha10
    Was it just me, or did Kily put in a better than decent performance at left back in the second half last evening?

lol to be fair, Brescia did very little atacking.

especially down the wings, they did nothing. They playd practically 1 striker which Kily had nothing to do with, but i counted 2wice he was caught out of position.

we can't sell Favalli since we just bought him.
    you sure you're an Inter fan, or are you new here?
    Cartman: Shut up Kyle! Shut your Goddamn' Jew mouth! You're the reason that there's war in the Middle East.