Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Inter - Roma (Coppa Italia) (17 May 07)

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member

Inter - Roma (Coppa Italia) (17 May 07)

Non mollare mai

Even if we need a miracle to lift the cup now, we should still believe in this incredible squad who has brought us so much joy this season. It is true that we are renowned chokers in the world of football but if anything, Roma are one too. They lost against Atalanta, which brought us the Scudetto. They lost a three goal lead in the SuperCoppa Italia. They lost their heads and lost 7-1 in Old Trafford. And, if Roma can get a 4 goals advantage against us over 90 minutes, we must believe that so can we!

Forza ragazzi! I still believe!

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Problem is, without a fully fit Ibra up front, it will be a very tough task for us to accomplish - scoring 4 goals. I expect Mancini to field a full strength team, including J.Cesar, Cuchu and Vieira. Hopefully all of them would be fit for this one, we need them desparately.

Also, Recoba should be fielded in the starting 11 behind Ibra and Crespo for this one, he has done well this season whenever he was played, it's all or nothing.

But I would not rush Ibra's recovery, I rather lose this Coppa Italia than to have any after effect as a result of rushing his recovery. So if he's not ready yet, don't play him.
    Wallace

Fav. Player
    Moratti, Mourin

Bahrain

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    Non mollare mai

Even if we need a miracle to lift the cup now, we should still believe in this incredible squad who has brought us so much joy this season. It is true that we are renowned chokers in the world of football but if anything, Roma are one too. They lost against Atalanta, which brought us the Scudetto. They lost a three goal lead in the SuperCoppa Italia. They lost their heads and lost 7-1 in Old Trafford. And, if Roma can get a 4 goals advantage against us over 90 minutes, we must believe that so can we!

I love your spirit Han and it's great how much you believe in our team. I don't want to put you or other fellow interisti down by words, and I hope you accept my opinion with the right spirit.

In order to put a great performance against Roma in the return leg we need the Inter we've seen in the 1st half of this season plus I really bad Roma team.

I can put it in this way, Roma has outplayed Inter in the last two meetings with the following elements:

1. Speed and one touch football
    2. Using our "weak" left flank
    3. Lack of motivation
    4. Lack of concentration
    5. Closing up spaces in numbers
    6. Not giving away so many dead ball situations

For element no.1, we can't fool ourselves. As a team we've being lacking this aspect since the begining of the season, but since the team collectively worked well we were able to overcome this deficincy. However, since we are the the very last part of the season its obvious that our team has ran out of gas!!

For element no.2, I still remember well the Guiseppe Meazza defeat few weeks ago. In that game Roma run riots and there was a "super highway" on our left flank!! Grosso was out-paced by any Roma player who filled that flank, and I'm so amazed that Mancini didn't understand this problem and he committed the same mistake by putting Maxwell instead of Burdisso in that particular position. Just look at Roma's 1st half goals and moves and you'll know what I'm talking about.

No.3 and no.4 elements, well I believe and I said it in an earlier post that the team didn't prepare well for this final. What the hell they were doing on the eve of this game by spending their time with those tennis players!! And in the game itself, the lack of concentration caused us dearly since our defenders (if any where there in the 1st place) were out of the game since the 1st minute. Just have a look at Totti's opener!! So many white shirts around him and now one closing him down and he was ten yards away from goal!! Where was the marking for god's sake!!

Element no.5, well Spalletti understood that he cannot compete with us physically so played on his team's strenght, by playing simple quick football that confused us big time. Whenever a Roma player gets the ball he easily out-paced our midfielders and defenders and that is totally unacceptable!!! On the other hand, whenever we got the ball, we saw how many red shirts surrounding our slow players who had no clue where to go!!

Finally, Roma tried their best not to give away free kicks and corners because they knew how good we are in the air. By doing so, they eliminated an important source of danger and they contained us!!

Anyway, to me winning the cup is still possible because nothing is impossible in the football world, but that depends on how Mancini will rectify all those mistakes we commited in the first leg, and again to me, its more than an uphill tast right now given our current form and circumustances.

Still, I will always say "FORZA INTER"!!
    "Inter has always been a crazy team, they lose when they need to win and vice versa. It's in their DNA...".

Sandro Mazzola

"Why haven't I kissed the Inter shirt yet? For one reason only: first I have to win and earn the faith of all those who support me in this adventure."

Samuel Eto'o

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Estonia

40 Forum Supporter
    And, if Roma can get a 4 goals advantage against us over 90 minutes, we must believe that so can we!

Hell yeah! No more bullshitting with the starters, 70 000 in Meazza, Tottino`s R-leg compoundd fracture...

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

United States

It's gonna be hard, but I think that with such a talented team, we can do it.
    18 F.C. Internazionale Milano 18

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Non mollare mai

Since when did you become the optimist?

There's no way in hell we're winning this one. It's just too incredulous to imagine.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Well, just like Handoyo and as usual, I am still a bit of optimistic that a miracle's not impossible. Too bad that we will miss Zlatan for this crucial match of the season. I hope Recoba gets to start this match, as a creative player upfront is very important for us having any chance to create any chances.

Roma will be very content with defending throughout the game and it's very likely that they will be counting on counter-attacks only. Thus, for us not to concede goals from their counter-attacks, we should be well prepared in defence and at the same time be very offensive right from the starting whistle.

Too bad for Toldo, he happened to play in the worst match of the season and I pity him for that. J.Cesar should start this game.

Materazzi and Dacourt are suspended for this game but that shouldn't be much of a problem. Hopefully, Vieira-Cambiasso-Recoba are fully fit for thsi game.

----------------------- J.Cesar ---------------------
    Maicon ------- Burdisso -------- Cordoba ---- Maxwell
    -------- J.Zanetti ----- P.Vieira ----- Cambiasso -----
    ---------------------- Stankovic --------------------
    -------------- Crespo ------------ Recoba ----------

ooopss, Figo is not there and I thought that he had quite a good game in the first leg and I didn't understand Mancini's tactic when he subbed him.
    If Figo's to be start this game, then I wouldn't mind J.Zanetti in the left back.

----------------------- J.Cesar ---------------------
    Maicon ------- Burdisso -------- Cordoba --- J.Zanetti ------ Cambiasso ------ P.Vieira ----- Stankovic -----
    ------------------------ L.Figo ----------------------
    -------------- Crespo ------------ Recoba -----------

Anywaz, we won the Scudetto and I am happy with that. Lets just hope that we do it next season as well !!

Fav. Player
    J.zanetti - Ma

iam really sad not for the coppa itselfe but for the big defeat

we still campioni d'italia but this is the worst way to end the season

its very very hard to win 4-0 but its not impossiblle we need a great inter for this game

remember sampdoria

remember super coppa

nulla imposibille
    Last edited by nerazzurri4ever; 10 May 07 at 13:40.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Toldo
    Maicon Burdisso Cordoba Zanetti
    Vieira Cambiasso Stankovic
    Figo
    Crespo Recoba

if Zanetti plays left back, then Stankovic and Figo should be allowed to go gung ho on Roma's defence

Fav. Player
    Capitano, Cuchu

Hong Kong

Logically thinking we will not be winning 4-0. Certainly we will concede a couple of goals in Roma's counter-attack and I'm sure those goals will be set up on either side of our flanks.

But that doesn't matter. What's the most important thing in this match is, we have to regain our spirit. I ain't sure if we are really running out of gas or just being too sloopy about the match. We, both fans and players, do have to strive hard whatever the situation is. In this season, Mancio has successfully built up a physically-based team like JuBe and done pretty well in the championship. However, the downside of it is that we begin to lack the courage to attack or regain the lead after being smashed. In the previous 2 seasons, Inter is a dangerous bomb who could always produce miracles no matter how many goals we have conceded. And now, we have to be determinted to "be ourselves" again.

It will definitely be an extraordinary night in the return leg. I don't mind shedding my tears for scoring three goals yet losing the cup. It's much more important to keep a high morale and do our very best. We could score 3 goals in 7 minutes. We could pull back 4 after conceding 3 goals against Roma in Super Coppa. We could do anything which seems impossible.

Once a pilot told me, "A strong wing makes an aircraft fly high but it's a strong will that makes a person fly even higher." Guys, attitude determines altitude. Never say die until the match ends!
    Last edited by uny_arturo; 10 May 07 at 09:34.
    Grazie Ragazzi

Forza Inter

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Deportivo did it against Milan in the CL, now we can do it against Roma in Coppa Italia.

However, the problem isn't whether we can do it or not, because I know we can. The problem is if the players know that they can do it.

JC + Burdisso + Cordoba + Max + Maicon + Vieira + Cambiasso/Stankovic + JZ + Figo + Crespo + Recoba.

AND PLZ: No more Adriano!

And thank you Crespo for choosing us over Milan, thank you so much.
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Without Ibra I see no hope of over turning that first leg result. I will be happy if we just manage a win.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    No Milan player

Non mollare mai

It is true that we are renowned chokers in the world of football but if anything, Roma are one too. They lost against Atalanta, which brought us the Scudetto. They lost a three goal lead in the SuperCoppa Italia. They lost their heads and lost 7-1 in Old Trafford. And, if Roma can get a 4 goals advantage against us over 90 minutes, we must believe that so can we!
    You forgot something else.We won inter at san siro 0-3 for the championship, which is your only defeat in there for this season, and it was from Roma.
    Now we won you 6-2, and it is again from Roma!

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by FORZA_ROMA_6-2 View Post
    You forgot something else!We won inter at san siro 0-3 for the championship!
    REMEMBER WE BEAT U 4-3.at the MEAZZA in the SUPERCOPPA,n 0-1 at yur own backyard.ITZ 2-2 rite now in our battlez n im confident it will be 3-2 to us in the 2nd LEG.IF IBRA PLAYZ U CAN FORGET YUR COPPA THEN.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    Toldo
    Y HAS EVERY1 FORGOT OUR WALTER,HE IS A CLASS DEFENDER,In ROMA INTER thread every 1 was sayin that we need a WORLD CLASS DEF n that nico shud replace CAFE but SAMUEL CAME HERE for 10m .HE IS 1 of the best,he can easily command OUR DEFENSE STILL even thugh he has made errorz this season like the ascoli 1.
    Last edited by Handoyo; 11 May 07 at 00:48.
    Spoiler: text 

Fav. Player

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    Toldo
    Vieira Cambiasso Stankovic
    Figo
    Crespo Recoba

if Zanetti plays left back, then Stankovic and Figo should be allowed to go gung ho on Roma's defence
    Yup. Maxwell proved to be a weak link yesterday and Zanetti has proved to be pretty useless in midfield so that would be for the best. I hope Dacourt plays no part in this one, he was probably our worst player on the field in the 1st leg.

However, because we need to score 4 ****in goals it would be wise to go for a 4-3-3.
    ████████████████████████████████████

*18* VERO

Fav. Player
    Moratti, Mourin

Bahrain

If I was in Mancio's place I'll start this game with this formation:

------------------Cesar-----------------

Maicon----Cordoba----Burdisso----Zanetti

----------------Cambiasso---------------

-------------Vieira----Stankovic---------

-------------------Figo------------------

--------------Crespo----Adriano----------

Zanetti on the left to close the super highway we gift Roma each time we meet this season. Vieira is needed from the first minutes to do his dirty work and clean up the midfield. Adriano to start only because we need a fresh Recoba later in the game.

If we score a goal inside the 5-10 minutes maybe, I'm saying maybe we'll get a chance at least save our blushes.
    "Inter has always been a crazy team, they lose when they need to win and vice versa. It's in their DNA...".

Sandro Mazzola

"Why haven't I kissed the Inter shirt yet? For one reason only: first I have to win and earn the faith of all those who support me in this adventure."

Samuel Eto'o

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

One game doesn't make them weak links or useless. And Dacourt won't play because got a yellow card yesterday, Materazzi too.

Instead of going for the 4-3-3, we can simply play our 4-3-1-2, which we used in Supercoppa and scored 4 goal in one game, and they're the exact number of goals we need to win the cup.

All what the players need to do is to play like they did in Supercoppa and never let in any goal, which isn't hard because we already did that in our 3rd game in Serie A this season, in Roma.

Ibrahimovic, Cruz, Vieira, Cambiasso, Figo, Crespo and Burdisso are what we need to win. Max and Maicon should play like they did during the season, not like yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerazzurri813 View Post
    Adriano to start only because we need a fresh Recoba later in the game.
    Why? to play with only 10 men?

I know that the team played like crap yesterday, but Adriano is the last thing we need these days.

He let us down, that's a fact.

On the other hand, look at Crespo. He probably had only two chances in the whole game, but that didn't stop him from scoring two goals.

This is the difference between Adriano and Crespo.
    Last edited by Handoyo; 11 May 07 at 00:48.

Fav. Player
    Capitano, Cuchu

Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by M.Adnan View Post

This is the difference between Adriano and Crespo.
    Precisely, you should say, that's the difference between a box-striker and a "not-knowing whether he's a SS or CF". Frankly, if Crespo scores nothing last night, everybody will criticise Mancio for not putting Chino as a starter. That's the fate of a box-striker-hailed when scores, or vice versa, be ****ed by some immature guys.
    Grazie Ragazzi

Forza Inter

Fav. Player
    No Milan player

If you play us with 4-3-3 you have no chances to win the cup.
    1)We will rule the midfield and we will do anything we want on the field.Because we will have 5 midfielders and you only 3!It will be like milan-Man Utd.Milan had 5 midfielders and Man Utd only 3.Milan rulled the midfield and they won easyly.
    2)Roma's counter's attack are so hot like hell, and if you try the 4-3-3 you will really have big problem!
    My prediction is that Roma will win again, easy or not.

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

Quote Originally Posted by uny_arturo View Post
    Frankly, if Crespo scores nothing last night, everybody will criticise Mancio for not putting Chino as a starter.
    Yes everyone will criticise Crespo and Mancini, but the fact is: Crespo scored two goals and saved us from losing 6-0.