Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Italy: The Best Football Nation?

  1. #1
    La Bling's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Mar 07
    Posts
    2,445
    Thanked
    79 times
    Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

    United States

    Italy: The Best Football Nation?

    With A.C. Milan's win on Wednesday, Italy secured their place in history by winning both the World Cup and having an Italian club win UEFA Champions League in the same year. With Milan's win, it made Italy the most successful country in Champions League history with 11 wins and 14 runners-up. (Ahead of Spain's 11 wins and 9 runners-up.) As of this summer, Italy is also the second most successful World Cup team behind Brazil. Italy also have some of the best fans in the sport.

    With all of this being said, do you believe that Italy is the best football nation?
    18 F.C. Internazionale Milano 18

  2. #2
    Fabio's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Apr 04
    Posts
    6,772
    Thanked
    51 times
    Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti



    Yes, at the end of the day - even though it can often be hard to notice for the 'non believers' and those who believe that calcio=catenaccio.
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

  3. #3
    Suneet's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Sep 06
    Posts
    16,285
    Thanked
    2,060 times
    Fav. Player
    # 3

    India

    Forum Supporter
    Its certainly not the cleanest, but I think, if they can get their stadiums right within 5 years Calcio will be back among the top 2 leagues which currently are Spain and England.

    Their national teams suck, though


    Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.




  4. #4
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    8,478
    Thanked
    545 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF
    In Europe, Italy is top. Only Germany, France and Spain come close and can be argued they're better, but Italian clubs do better.
    But we cannot neglect Brazil and Argentina, who almost always produce the best players in the world.

  5. #5
    La Bling's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Mar 07
    Posts
    2,445
    Thanked
    79 times
    Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

    United States

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuko View Post
    But we cannot neglect Brazil and Argentina, who almost always produce the best players in the world.
    But with their absence of European play, it is almost impossible to compare them.
    18 F.C. Internazionale Milano 18

  6. #6
    Adriano@10's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 May 04
    Posts
    4,667
    Thanked
    2,042 times
    Fav. Player
    Oba



    24 10 years of FIF
    If we only look at the league i dont think italy is number one. Even if i hate the english league i have to say that they have the best league only look at the squad of they re midtable teams. That s whats missing in Italy oure midtable and lower teams just cant afford good players like they do in England
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

  7. #7
    UhUhOleguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    06 Aug 05
    Posts
    2,573
    Thanked
    0 times
    Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am



    hm....Italy has skilled players..both in tactics and football wise.

    But actually, the final just proved that England, English football and the premier league are just the most overrated around.

    If you look at the clubs in England that play tactically good football, they are all technically and creatively dead.
    If you look at the clubs that play attractive and creative football, they are tactically dead.
    The English players that come closest to world class are Gerrard, Beckham and....that's it.
    And the Premier League...well, the fact that no great player ever moved to England at the height of his career, but only upcoming players or downcoming players move there, speaks volumes.
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

    Big Daddy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghahbe of Turkey
    Wiltord had a better goalratio than Henry for France
    Wiltord 26 goals, 92 games
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

  8. #8
    minterke's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 May 05
    Posts
    7,657
    Thanked
    460 times
    Fav. Player
    99

    Canada

    Italy produces more talent, we are the smartest tacticians and IMO we have the most difficult league in the world to play in because of the talent in it and because of the pressure there is on players. There is no bigger pressure than in Italy because of the Italian media.
    ████████████████████████████████████

    *18* VERO

  9. #9
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    8,478
    Thanked
    545 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF
    Yup, Italian media is an ass. Whereas English press would say you're God even if you can't shoot or pass the ball. All you need for praise there is an English passport

  10. #10

    Join Date
    04 Aug 07
    Posts
    56
    Thanked
    0 times
    Fav. Player
    Gareth Barry!



    Lol so much bitterness

    England is clearly the best league in the world, with the best players, the best fans and the best stadiums.

    And you must be joking about what your saying about the English press?

    Seriously where do you people come up with this stuff?? The English press are harsh, pretty much every player gets slated by the press unless they keep up their good performances over their whole career.

  11. #11
    Suneet's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Sep 06
    Posts
    16,285
    Thanked
    2,060 times
    Fav. Player
    # 3

    India

    Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by VillaLion View Post
    Lol so much bitterness

    England is clearly the best league in the world, with the best players, the best fans and the best stadiums.

    And you must be joking about what your saying about the English press?

    Seriously where do you people come up with this stuff?? The English press are harsh, pretty much every player gets slated by the press unless they keep up their good performances over their whole career.
    Exhibit no.1: Man United sign a 9 year old and he is already considered the next Pele.

    Do you know every corner in Brazil has a better player than this 9-yr-old?

    There are some strong teams in the EPL and they have good attendences, agreed but still can you compare the number of CL Trophies recently? Before the Mourinho revolution only Man U/Lpool were respectable in Europe.

    There is way more tactics and strategy in the Serie A than the EPL, its too much for a prawn sandwich eating fan like you can understand. Its way too much passion.


    Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.




  12. #12

    Join Date
    04 Aug 07
    Posts
    56
    Thanked
    0 times
    Fav. Player
    Gareth Barry!



    Quote Originally Posted by Suneet View Post
    Exhibit no.1: Man United sign a 9 year old and he is already considered the next Pele.

    Do you know every corner in Brazil has a better player than this 9-yr-old?

    There are some strong teams in the EPL and they have good attendences, agreed but still can you compare the number of CL Trophies recently? Before the Mourinho revolution only Man U/Lpool were respectable in Europe.

    There is way more tactics and strategy in the Serie A than the EPL, its too much for a prawn sandwich eating fan like you can understand. Its way too much passion.
    No he isnt considered the next pele... it only got media coverage because he was coming over from Australia and you're supposed to only have players from within a certain area of the club. So they basically moved a whole family over to a new country just so he can play for their under-12's or what ever.

    If the Premiership and Serie A were joined for a season the majority of the bottom of the table would be Italian teams, and the majority of the top would be English teams. I honestly think that only AC Milan and Inter would make the top 10. You only have to look at Man Utd vs Roma to see how poor quality your league is. Man Utd don't even beat team like Watford or Wigan 7-1... Shit... they dont even beat conference teams 7-1...

    Passion?? What passion? Italian fans cheer when your winning and nothing else, your fans are an embaressment to football. English fans will sing all throught a match, wether winning or losing.. Thats PASSION!

  13. #13
    minterke's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 May 05
    Posts
    7,657
    Thanked
    460 times
    Fav. Player
    99

    Canada

    English stadiums are full of gay little families that bring their kids to watch Chelsea or Man United with thier little jerseys.

    ITALY HOME OF ULTRASS!!!!
    ████████████████████████████████████

    *18* VERO

  14. #14
    Stefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    21,868
    Thanked
    2,176 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    South Africa

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by VillaLion View Post
    No he isnt considered the next pele... it only got media coverage because he was coming over from Australia and you're supposed to only have players from within a certain area of the club. So they basically moved a whole family over to a new country just so he can play for their under-12's or what ever.

    If the Premiership and Serie A were joined for a season the majority of the bottom of the table would be Italian teams, and the majority of the top would be English teams. I honestly think that only AC Milan and Inter would make the top 10. You only have to look at Man Utd vs Roma to see how poor quality your league is. Man Utd don't even beat team like Watford or Wigan 7-1... Shit... they dont even beat conference teams 7-1...

    Passion?? What passion? Italian fans cheer when your winning and nothing else, your fans are an embaressment to football. English fans will sing all throught a match, wether winning or losing.. Thats PASSION!
    No thats being too drunk to know your team is actually losing.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com


  15. #15
    minterke's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 May 05
    Posts
    7,657
    Thanked
    460 times
    Fav. Player
    99

    Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by VillaLion View Post
    Passion?? What passion? Italian fans cheer when your winning and nothing else, your fans are an embaressment to football. English fans will sing all throught a match, wether winning or losing.. Thats PASSION!
    it shows your english and ignorant.

    you probably werent watching Man Utd 7-1 AS Roma when the Roma fans didn't stop chanting for 90 minutes...

    think before u talk
    ████████████████████████████████████

    *18* VERO

  16. #16

    Join Date
    04 Aug 07
    Posts
    56
    Thanked
    0 times
    Fav. Player
    Gareth Barry!



    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    it shows your english and ignorant.

    you probably werent watching Man Utd 7-1 AS Roma when the Roma fans didn't stop chanting for 90 minutes...

    think before u talk
    The Roma fans were silent...

    Maybe you should think before you talk.

  17. #17
    Marcello's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Dec 05
    Posts
    4,735
    Thanked
    66 times
    Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

    Australia

    10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by VillaLion View Post
    Passion?? What passion? Italian fans cheer when your winning and nothing else, your fans are an embaressment to football. English fans will sing all throught a match, wether winning or losing.. Thats PASSION!
    Hhahaha u dumb pom, have you ever seen an italian match before?

    They wont stop cheering untill the stadium lights go out, your english fans are just gay beer drinkers and thats it... how did 10th place feel for ya good? CL Spot and all yea?

    get outa here

  18. #18
    bennyblanco's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Feb 06
    Posts
    2,531
    Thanked
    1 times
    Fav. Player
    DEJAN DEKI STAN



    0
    [QUOTE=VillaLion;276236]YOU SAID

    Passion?? What passion? Italian fans cheer when your winning and nothing else, your fans are an embaressment to football. English fans will sing all throught a match, wether winning or losing.. Thats PASSION!

    YOU SUCK YOU CONVICT,go steal a loaf of bread and get sent to Australia ,MORE,YOU WANT MORE?,LISTEN OLIVER

    and then shit on a Turkish flag and then get stabbed and hence killed you ignorant pom

    i personally dont like or respect English clubs and people,more or less they act like cnuts,they come on foreign soil,foreign forums and shit on everyone

    go back to your housing commision flat,pop an eccy and fukc your sister then your aunty,and then go listen to drum n bass
    "And this one time, at band camp, I stuck a flute in my pussy",

  19. #19
    minterke's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 May 05
    Posts
    7,657
    Thanked
    460 times
    Fav. Player
    99

    Canada

    The Roma fans were silent? You really are a stupid ****in kid eh you think I have time to waste and I like bullshitting on forums. De Rossi himself said he felt like crying because the fans kept singing despite his team being crushed.
    ████████████████████████████████████

    *18* VERO

  20. #20
    Ziyad's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    11,468
    Thanked
    1,840 times

    Bahrain

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I always had the conviction that Italy had the best league.
    My Reasons:

    1-Real football,tactics and everything

    2-Most competitive over the years (at one point we had 8 big teams.Usually 3 compete now for the trophy but thats still better than others.Another thing is that we noticed the competition go till the last games)

    3-Biggest stars, and not just recently !! I mean Maradonna,Mattuaes, Zidane, Platini,Van Basten even Zico played here...U name them the best were always here. If you think about it every captain that raised the WC since 82 played in Italy !!

    4- GOALS...Despite it being known for the best league defensively,there are alot of goals scored/week compared to the other big leagues.

    5-As ItsonMan pointed out Italy has won more on the European scene than its big neighbours..Plus being runner up too.

    6-Italy itself won more WC's than any other footballing country in Europe,while other 2 big league countries fall miserabley by comparison. (Spain 0, England 1)

    7- Milan Derby,which is by far the most interesting if you think of it in terms of trophies,history,city,rivalry,strength,fans,pedigr ee of both teams.

    8- Fans,not as crazy as other leagues but just as passionate...

    That said Serie A needs BIG TIME improvements so that this discussion is not even an issue anymore.

    1-No Calciopollies...While finally thats over it will take time to see for real if it happens again.

    2- Better directors for the games. Its here that u find the EPL and Liga or even other leagues superior to the SerieA. This factor i believe will make it even more fun for the fans watching at home.

    3- More coverage in English,whether we like it or not the English language is more international than any other...More forms of coverage in english(Magazines,newspapers,and shows and possibly even interviews in English) will highten interest.

    If those things happen i really think u would never have an argument to which league is the best..Or which nation for the time being !!
    Ziyad Of Boston

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •