Just my few cents...
Where will our new playerīs play or will they, where would the older oneīs fit in or will they?
We all know that we have bought too many world-class players and that weīre now forced to sell some. Loaning players or selling player like Brechet wonīt help us a lot financially. We should sell some higher caliber playerīs that we wont necessarily need anymore. At first thought three higher caliber players comes to my mind.
- Kily = If/when we buy Cesar (please buy Jankulovski, please!), we dont need Kily anymore. We have more than good back-upīs for Cesar in case heīs injured. It doesnīt help that Kily is going to play at Olympics either.
- Adani = We really donīt need him anymore. Itīs sad to let him go, but itīs best for him and his future as a player. Even without buying Mihajlovic he shouldīve been sold. He will never get a chance to be a regular when we have players like Cordoba, Cannavaro, Burdisso and Materazzi in our team.
- Van der Meyde = I dont think heīs good to be honest. Heīs highly overrated. I rather sell him. He was poor at Euro2004, heīs been poor at Inter, he was average at Ajax (only few quality matches there). Heīs so overrated around here. Sell him for a good price and still we have plenty of options we could use.
Below you can see a list that i think will be used as a first choice players and their back-upīs. First mentioned player will be a regular and second one will be his back-up, third one (if mentioned) will be a back-up for a back-up player. Youīll see (1) (2) etc...next to central defenders, central midfielders and strikers. Those are the picking orders that Mancio will use (not a facts, just my opinions). Example: Cannavaro is first choice central defender, Cordoba is second choice etc. Confused? Better not.
GK: Toldo = Fontana = Cordaz
- Nothing has changed here. Toldo will still be our first keeper. Letīs hope he wonīt be as inconsistent as he was in last season.
RB: J. Zanetti = Coco = Ze Maria
- You may wonder why i think Ze Maria is just a third choice for Javier? Because i really do believe that Mancio will use Ze Maria more as a right winger than a right back. Mancio has used Coco in Javierīs place and i do believe that he will be Javierīs first back-up. I may be wrong tho, i may be wrong...
CD: Cordoba (2)= Burdisso (4)
CD: Cannavaro (1)= Materazzi (3) = Mihajlovic (5)
- I believe that Cannavaro will be our leader in defence. It could be Materazzi as well, but i dont think he will be in our starting eleven. Cannavaro has been the leader at the national team and done a good job. Itīs still unclear if Mancio will use two midgetīs (no offense to any dwarfīs) ala Cannavaro & Cordoba or does he prefer one midget with one wall ala Materazzi & Burdisso? Cannavaro and Cordoba are both too good to sit on the bench tho. Difficult choice for our new coach. Who will Mancio prefer, Materazzi or Burdisso? If i could choose, i would pick Burdisso over Materazzi. Burdisso is such a classy guy.
LB: Favalli = Coco = Pasquale
- Favalli will be a starter, no doubt about that (right Jimmy?). Coco will be his back up too. We will see a lot more of Coco in case Javier or Favalli is injured. Coco may be used more in the last minutes of the match(es) when we need to defend our lead.
RW: Stankovic = Ze Maria = J. Zanetti/Van der Meyde
- This should not be a surprise to anyone. Stankovic has shown what he can do and he will continue to do so. Ze Maria is his back up and he will be used in case Stan-the-man is injured or we need to defend our lead (just like in Cocoīs case). Sometimes we may see Javier to take this spot as well. Van der Mayde will not play much if at all.
CM: Veron (2) = Emre (3) = Cambiasso (5)
CM: Davids (1) = C. Zanetti (4)
- So many choices, but so few spots. Cristiano career at Inter is in jeopardy. I donīt think we will sell him, but he will have a hard time finding some playing time. Where would he fit in when we have players like Davids, Veron, Emre and Cambiasso. Even Emre will have a hard time finding a playing time. We see that we really have changed when even Emre wonīt be a regular. Iīm quite sure that Davids and Veron will be our regularīs whenever they are available. I think Cambiasso will be just a fifth choice of Mancio, but i hope he will use him more. Cambiasso is great, talented fighter. Oh man we have a good team!
LW: Cesar (he will come) = Karagounis = Recoba
- Itīs only matter of day(s) when Cesar will jois us. Then we can wave goodbye to Kily. Cesar will be a regular, thatīs a fact. Karagounis is his back up (in case we dont loan him out) and Recoba could play there as well. Dont forget about Emre either.
FW: Adriano (1) = Recoba (3) = Cruz (5)
FW: Vieri (2) = Martins (4)
- I rather not talk about this much since you guys tell me that iīm biased īcause Vieri is my favourite. Letīs just say that i do believe that Mancio will mostly use Adriano-Vieri pair in front. Adriano is a classy classy player and he will be our saviour for years to come. Vieri still has few years at highest level in front of him. This pair will do a lot of damage in next season. Thatīs guaranteed! Someone already mentioned that he donīt think that Adriano & Vieri are so similar than everyone has talked about. Thatīs true, they are not.
Did i forgot any players? Yes i did. These players i didnīt mention could be sold/loaned/whatever:
Adani = So sad to see him go, but itīs better for him. He deserves to be a regular and at Inter he would never be. Sell him Inter, dont just cancel his contract! Wake up Inter! Use your management "skills" and sell players like other teams do!
Sorondo = Adios!
Pasquale = Loan loan loan
Farinos = By-bye
Kily = Should be sold if/when weīll buy Cesar
Lamouchi = Adieu
Van der Meyde = So-so-so-sold
Zicu = Havenīt seen him much, but i prefer to loan him out that he could get some experience.
Choutos = Havenīt seen him play. At least i dont remember seeing him. Maybe sell/dont even buy (i read we might be able to cancel his contract?) or loan him out policy would be best.
Ventola = Same thing as in Adani case. I love him, but he will never be used as much as he wants or as much as i want. He would only play some Coppa matches if he stays and i dont think thatīs enough for him.
If/when we buy Cesar (i prefer Jankulovski tho) and sell/loan/whatever these 10 i mentioned, that would leave us 25 players. That sounds pretty good. Sounds too good to be true tho. I bet we just cancel few of these contracts and loan few. We do like we usually do, screw things up. I guess we are so rich that we could do that year after year.
Financially we dont seem to know what to do, but now (at last!) our team looks a-w-e-s-o-m-e! We really donīt have any weak links like we used to have. Now everything looks like it shouldīve looked years ago...on paper! Itīs just a matter of time that weīll this a-w-e-s-o-m-e team at the field as well, only a matter of time ītill Mancio will get this team to work.
So, let's get ready to rumbleeee!!!! (Listening: *Eye of the Tiger*) Or should i continue writing this messy "preview". I believe we are ready! We better be!
Iīve been Inter fan for over 15 years and i never been this optimistic about our chances to win something big, and i mean BIG. This will be our year, this WILL BE our year!