Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving to India

Moving to India

I'm moving to Trivandrum in India and I really need some information about that place.

Like what languages do the speak, how much it coast to live there per month, and how to find a decent flat in or around the city.

just give me all the information I need

thanks

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    India's main language is Hindi as far as I know. The rest you should ask Sayak(1919) about because he is from India. But why are you moving to india??
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

Trivindum? I have never heard of the place. I dont have any idea about living costs in India. Their main language is Hindi, but most of them are fluent in english as well. I dont think you should have langauge problems over there in big cities. Trivindum? I have no idea.

Just remember to say Namaste, when ever you meet someone, and Bahanchod, before every sentence, and you'll be fine.
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Fav. Player
    LUIS FIGO

In India, there is Hindi..but there is also state and local languages, not sure about the ones where you are going.

But the good news? All Indians are taught English from an early age in school..they all know English so you can get by with it.

There is a reason after all why so many jobs are outsourced to India
    ONLY ONE THING IS IMPORTANT--->
    FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO 1908

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

I read that it is in Kerala, so that means the language is probably Malayalam.

I've met tons of Keralans, and they are nice, educated and helpful. I hope you have a great time there.

Fav. Player
    JZ

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkel View Post
    I'm moving to Trivandrum in India and I really need some information about that place.

Like what languages do the speak, how much it coast to live there per month, and how to find a decent flat in or around the city.

just give me all the information I need

thanks
    Hello Mikkel !!!

Welcome to India !!!!

@Trivandrum

Its in the state of Kerala, to the south of India. Kerala as u may be aware is a major major tourist hub in India for its natural beauty and greenery.

Its on the beach and I beleive its a lovely place. I had been to the place myself, but i was 3 yrs old at that time !!! So cant help u out on that front !!! But Kerala in general is pretty hot and u dont get much of a winter in the southern part of India - but there are lotsa rain!!! A very pleasant monsoon

Malayalam and Hindi are the main languages over there - but like in most of South India, English is widely understood. The reason behind this being most Keralites see themselves moving to some foreign country at some point of their careers due to a comparatively lesser chance of employment in the state itself.

Food i dont think wud be a problem - lots of tourists come to this part of India and i m pretty sure there are enough joints over there. But yeah, for the initial part u wud need to go low on indian spices !!! One thing that Kerala is famous for is that the food is cooked in coconut oil - it gives a special flavor and fragnance for which there are extreme likes/dislikes

Kerala has a huge number of Christian population, infact it is one of the few states where Christianity is the 2nd largest religion after Hinduism.

The cost of living in Trivandum is pretty low compared to the Indian metros like Delhi, Mumbai or Bangalore - house rent apart $100 wud be enough to live comfortably

But i cant guide u on the house rent thing ... however if u rent a flat by urself it wud at max cost another $125-150 ... but i am nt very sure bout that.

But another thing u shud be on ur guard against is mosquitoes !!! they are a handful and Trivandum is also very well-known for dat

Fav. Player
    JZ

Also, besides Bengal and Goa, Kerala is the other place in India where u wud find plenty of soccer fans in a cricket-crazy country. Our soccer may nt be very good, bt peepl are enthusiastic bout is all the same.

So i wont bet against u finding few interistas over there - but i hv to warn u, thanx to espn-star, EPL is by far has the biggest audience in India

Btw, when are u moving there? Permanently or for a finite duration?

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

I'm sorry to your hear your bad news Mikkel. Keep strong brother, you'll get through this!

Thanks for the informationís Sayak, I will try to find out the rest by myself.

Anyway there are plenty of reasons why I decided to move to India. It's very difficult for me to tell you all of them, especially the main reason, since you wouldn't understand it.

But some of the reasons are that I'm vegetarian, and it's rather difficult to be a vegetarian in Denmark. another reason is that the weather in India is allot better then the cold shitty weather we have hear in Denmark, Danish people are annoying as hell, and are very narrow minded, especially when it comes to faith. And then I have always been fascinated by cultures from the east.

Anyway it's going to be a lifetime experience, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Fav. Player
    Wonder if I can

So you are moving to India permanently or you are gonna stay there for some period of time and then you will share your experience back in Europe?

Anyway, good luck in your new life.
    Some people were against a female name as my nick. Strange, don't you think?

But no, I did not left only because of it. Don't worry, there is a brand new superhero who will save everyone. I just have mental issues and I am freaking disgusting.

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Thanks for the informationís Sayak, I will try to find out the rest by myself.

Anyway there are plenty of reasons why I decided to move to India. It's very difficult for me to tell you all of them, especially the main reason, since you wouldn't understand it.

But some of the reasons are that I'm vegetarian, and it's rather difficult to be a vegetarian in Denmark. another reason is that the weather in India is allot better then the cold shitty weather we have hear in Denmark, Danish people are annoying as hell, and are very narrow minded, especially when it comes to faith. And then I have always been fascinated by cultures from the east.

Anyway it's going to be a lifetime experience, and I'm really looking forward to it.
    Dude Im a hindu and hate India really a lot when I went there theres slums here and there but if youre going there for religious reasons or say for vege paradise theres no where better to start.You should go to the Ganges it looks freakin dirty but its the cleanest river there is on earth and is sacred ground.Enjoy your stay there and beware the donkeys and weather.
    For the weakest of the weak
    For the lowest of the low
    My voice for the voiceless
    My fists for the innocent

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

Are you seriously kidding me?? I thought you had found a job or something, and thats why you were moving there.

And I dont get how you vegetarians manage to live. If I dont get meat for a single day, I feel weak.
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Michal View Post
    So you are moving to India permanently or you are gonna stay there for some period of time and then you will share your experience back in Europe?

Anyway, good luck in your new life.
    No I don't think I'm going to stay there forever but for some years.
    the reason for that is that, I'm not a person who likes to stay in one particular place for a very long time, so I'm defiantly going to live in another country after India.

- Lamb of God
    you don't have to lecture me about India’s problem, since I'm well aware of them. but still India has something to offer me both on a spiritual level as well as personal. And it's not like the only reason, as I wrote there are several reason why I go there, one of those I didn't mention was that I want to help those people.

Shaz
    No I havn't got a job, but I will find one, I'm sure of that.

It actually very easy to live as a vegetarian, actually I have gotten allot more energy since I stoped eating meat, and my healt has improved as well.
    Last edited by Mikkel; 04 Jun 07 at 19:25.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by shahz
    Are you seriously kidding me?? I thought you had found a job or something, and thats why you were moving there.

And I dont get how you vegetarians manage to live. If I dont get meat for a single day, I feel weak.
    P.S: Mikkel, it'd be nice if you went to Greece, if I go live in a couple of decades Athens is an amazing city, living both modern and ancient timelines
    Last edited by Handoyo; 04 Jun 07 at 22:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuko View Post
    P.S: Mikkel, it'd be nice if you went to Greece, if I go live in a couple of decades Athens is an amazing city, living both modern and ancient timelines
    Well I do plan to visit Athens, but I'm not sure when, I will have the time and money to go there. And still I have to have some sort of permission to go back to Europe, Which I won’t get before I have fullfilled my mission in India.
    Last edited by Handoyo; 04 Jun 07 at 22:12.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Good luck Mikkel. i hope you find whatever your searching for and enjoy India.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Weird words man!

I don't wanna know details about the "permission"...! I hope it ain't voodoo or something

Do some research on their historyby the way(eg. Gupta, and how come most of them have Gupta last names), you may enjoy it a bit

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Malayalam and understanding of the Asian accent is what you need. Never been to Trivandrum or Thiruvananthapuram as the locals call it, but since half of their population lives in Dubai, I know a lot about it.

Its certainly not a difficult town to live in. It is close to most big places and you will find educated people and your vegetarian food. Cant think about more stuff that could help you rite now, so if you have anything specific lemme know, I will try to ask someone who hails from that place!

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Mikkel, why India and not some place else? And why that Trivandrum instead of New Delhi or any other city? Good luck anyways.

Fav. Player
    JZ

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    Mikkel, why India and not some place else? And why that Trivandrum instead of New Delhi or any other city? Good luck anyways.
    yeah i too wondered bout that? why trivandum? nt that i wud recommend someone to live in New Delhi ...