Thread: Visiting Ljubljana (and probably Milan too)

Fav. Player
    Milito

Hong Kong

81 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

Visiting Ljubljana (and probably Milan too)

I am going to Ljubljana, Slovenia on August 22-25, and then I might go to Milan for 1 or 2 days. I know the Slovene Railways can take me from Ljubljana to Venice (or Trieste), but how do I go from Venice or Trieste to Milan? How long does it take approximately? Or is there a way to go from Ljubljana to Milan directly?

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

In Ljubljana just buy a ticket for Milano and you'll have no problems..You get off in Venice and there take another train, italian Intercity directed to Milano(or Turin)..It takes about 3-4 hours max to get there from Venice..

EDIT: Just saw your link - when you go to Milano, you must get off in Venezia Mestre(Venezia M.), not in Venezia S. Lucia..From that station you then take a train to Milano..Like I said, the easiest way is to buy a ticket for Milano when already in Ljubljana and there you should get tickets for both trains..
    Last edited by Wittmann; 12 Jun 07 at 11:27.
    MILAN A.C.

Fav. Player
    Milito

Hong Kong

Thank you! I am getting excited
    I hope Serie A will start on August 26 this year (plus Inter playing at home in week 1)

Fav. Player
    Milito

Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by wittman View Post
    In Ljubljana just buy a ticket for Milano and you'll have no problems..You get off in Venice and there take another train, italian Intercity directed to Milano(or Turin)..It takes about 3-4 hours max to get there from Venice..

EDIT: Just saw your link - when you go to Milano, you must get off in Venezia Mestre(Venezia M.), not in Venezia S. Lucia..From that station you then take a train to Milano..Like I said, the easiest way is to buy a ticket for Milano when already in Ljubljana and there you should get tickets for both trains..
    I checked
    http://www.italianrail.com/italy_railway_schedules.html
    and searched for one-way Venice to Milan for August 26. They gave me Venezia S Lucia (not Venezia Mestre). Am I looking at the correct thing?

EDIT: I looked at the train route and they have Venezia Mestre (the next stop after Venezia S Lucia) too. So I guess it's closer to Milan if I go there from Ljubljana.

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by darsez View Post
    EDIT: I looked at the train route and they have Venezia Mestre (the next stop after Venezia S Lucia) too. So I guess it's closer to Milan if I go there from Ljubljana.
    That's right..When coming from Ljubljana, Venezia Mestre is the station where you change the train..Times of arrival and departure are close cause you have another option with Trieste-Milano train(which you don't have from Venezia S.L.), plus you'll save some money and time, too..

Anyways, if you buy a ticket for Milano in Ljubljana, you'll get the best schedule possible and won't have to worry at all..
    MILAN A.C.

Fav. Player
    Milito

Hong Kong

Great. Thank you!

Fav. Player
    Capitano, Cuchu

Hong Kong

Mestre is basically an area for residentials. I suggest you change at Venezia Santa Lucia coz you can have more support from the information office. (informazioni)
    Grazie Ragazzi

Forza Inter