Thread: Athletics

Fav. Player
    Wonder if I can

Athletics

New outdoor season is here so we should discuss everything regarding athletics and the most popular meetings here.

My favourites: Kajsa Bergqvist, Emma Green, Stefan Holm, Yaroslav Rybakov, Ivet Lalova, Asafa Powell, Yelena Isinbayeva, Aleksandr Averbukh, Fani Halkia and others (of course from Slovakia and then mainly from Russia).

Some people were against a female name as my nick. Strange, don't you think?

But no, I did not left only because of it. Don't worry, there is a brand new superhero who will save everyone. I just have mental issues and I am freaking disgusting.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Estonia

40 Forum Supporter
    Gerd Kanter

He vs Alekna will be the biggest battles between discus throwers.

Fav. Player
    Wonder if I can

What a great meeting it was today in Oslo!!!

Firstly, world record for Meseret Defar on 5000m - 14:16.63.

9.94 and a victory for Asafa, Ivet Lalova only 11.32 and 6th place.

Pitkämäki > Thorkildsen once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    Gerd Kanter

He vs Alekna will be the biggest battles between discus throwers.
    Alekna was unstoppable today but the most important clash of this year will be in Osaka and everything is possible. Today I have also noticed 19 years old Maris Mägi from your country. This girl has a talent and she has to work hard.

Just 1.93 and 5th place for Kajsa. It was impossible to beat Slesarenko today.

Victory for Isinbayeva (how surprising ).

Big to organizers and that stuff with children.

Well, it was a nice evening and I am looking forward to next athletic meetings (especially with Czech commentators).

But no, I did not left only because of it. Don't worry, there is a brand new superhero who will save everyone. I just have mental issues and I am freaking disgusting.

Fav. Player
    Wonder if I can

European Cup 1st League Group A - Vaasa (FIN)

Men
    1 the Netherlands 53.5
    2 Czech Republic 51.5
    3 Spain 51
    4 Finland 45.5
    5 Ireland 44
    6 Sweden 43
    7 Switzerland 39
    8 Slovak Republic 31.5

Women
    1 Great Britain 65
    2 Czech Republic 59.5
    3 Suomi 55
    4 Sweden 49
    5 the Netherlands 44.5
    6 Ireland 32
    7 Slovak Republic 30.5
    8 Norway 24

At least our Miloslav Konopka won hammer and Lucia Klocová 800 m competition. Dana Veldáková finished 2nd in triple jump.

European Cup 1st League Group A - Vaasa (FIN): results
    European Cup 1st League Group B - Milan (ITA): results

Fav. Player
    Wonder if I can

Another great meeting, IAAF GP Ostrava (Czech republic)

Haile Gebrselassie
    - 3 world records in 1 run. Sounds impossible but this guy did it. He run 1 hour race and broke 3 world records - on 10 miles, 20,000 m and he made 21,285 metres in that 1 hour.

Our Libor Charfreitag reached 79.76 m in hammer throw and finished 2nd. Another athlete from my country, Jana Veldáková jumped 6.46 m in female long jump and finished 3rd. In a quality 800m race filled with great athletes our Lucia Klocová finally broke 2 min and finished 2nd after Cherkasova.

Isinbayeva won (what a surprise) pole vault competition but only with 4.66 m. After slow start in women competition Bulgarian sprinter Ivet Lalova finished 4th with 11.51. But girl is getting better and better in every meeting.

Men high jump competition:
    1. Ioannou (Cyprus)
    2. Holm
    3. Peter Horák

Men sprint competition was won by English guy Craig Pickering (10.16 - his PB is 10.15 from this year).