Thread: Firefox compatibility

Fav. Player
    Zlatan, Arma Le

Firefox compatibility

I don't know why. But for some reason, everytime I browse these forums (which I really like so much thus far - congrats), I can only browse for so long, until my broswer freezes. :S And it's only with this website - since I browse many other forums as well. It usually happens when I click a link that belongs to the forum - like a link that takes me to a subforum or a part of the website, not external links.

The browser just tells me it's "transferring from forza-inter.it" or something along those lines for very very long, and I know it's not my internet since I have quite the fast connection here. lol.

So admin, mind trying to help a Firefox user here? Since using MS Internet Explorer would be really crap to say the least.

Thanks.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    It's not about your browser...

Unfortunately, since this site is hosted on a free server, we have to installed something called (I think) "Java tracker" or something. It is used so our server can check how many people are logging in, how many unique IPs, from which countries, etc. This Java thing is causing a few problems to very few people.

For me personally, I have no problem with it whatsoever. It only lags for 1-2 seconds when I first opened it and then everything turns back to normal. I'd suggest that you update your Java software to the latest version, if the problem persists.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Fav. Player
    Zlatan, Arma Le

No worries mate. I shall try that. If not i'll just use the forums with IE. lol.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    So wait, you can't access the forum with Firefox but you can do so with your IE? Very weird mate, very weird. Try uninstalling Firefox.

Fav. Player
    Zlatan, Arma Le

No, I can access it with both. It's just that with firefox, it seems to just freeze or stall, if I click a link at a certain point or another. Like I can browse the forums using FF with no problem for like 1/2 hour, then at one point I click a link leading to another part of the forums and it stalls. :/

I might try reinstalling it, though I doubt that would change anything. Maybe it doesn't like the Java thing.

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

If it´s the annoying java what´s bugging you, then just disable java and try if it works better.

Worked for me, i´m using linux.
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia pił grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

Fav. Player
    Cordoba

Belgium

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    There's also a theory going around that Flash can make Firefox freeze (some of the ads are flash)....

Check this out:

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/...m/596006505831
    Due to the changes in the management team, we had to adopt a new domain name !

www.forzainterforums.com