Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who plays better in RB (Zanetti vs Maicon)

Fav. Player

Malaysia

Who plays better in RB (Zanetti vs Maicon)

Zanetti !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    UNIQUE AND UNBEATABLE
    José Mourinho

To me Zanetti represents the joy of living, the joy of making football your job every morning. He is the smile, the life force, the passion for training, the good cheer for everyone who works with him. To me Javier Zanetti is all of these things, and he is a man that I'm happy to say will be a friend forever.
    After all of that, and a long way behind, comes the footballer. But having been his coach for only two years of his incredible career, it's not my place to talk about a man who has written his own story - and what a marvellous story it is. All I will say is thank you for everything, thank you for giving me a small space in your story. What I will cherish most is that hug in the middle of the Santiago Bernabeu: it won't be the last but it was certainly the most intense of our two years together.
    Perhaps one day somebody might beat Zanetti's record, but there will only ever be one Zanetti.

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I don't know if this is gonna be closed/moved but I like what Maicon added to the RB position that JZ never did: crossing and the occasional goal. JZ is the superior defender and dribbler but Maicon really gave us an extra dimension to our attack.

Mancio deserves praise for moving Capitano into the midfield where he's been just as effective but just less noticeable as he doesn't go on his amazing runs anymore.

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Zanetti

Syria

10 years of FIF

Maicon is our RB and Javier is our Midfield player. We won 17 in a row like this last year and it proved very effective, Maicon and Javier were among the best of the season, why should we change anything now.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    In an RB postion? definately maicon,not saying javier isnt a great right back but maicon just is the perfect ATTACKING full back but Javier is definately a better all round player than maicon.

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaled View Post
    In an RB postion? definately maicon,not saying javier isnt a great right back but maicon just is the perfect ATTACKING full back but Javier is definately a better all round player than maicon.
    Exactly thats why there was always wholes in our defence when maicon was at RB

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

....i think our defence was great last season man...maicon was average in defending but he improved tremendously over time.

Fav. Player

Canada

Maicon is a better passer and crosser than Zanetti but Zanetti is a stronger player defensively, he's more agile (even though Maicon is pretty agile) and Zanetti has better balance, which of course is his number one attribute.
    ████████████████████████████████████

*18* VERO

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    In general, as RB, Maicon is better. But Zanetti is a better defender.

However, Zanetti is better in the midfield than RB. Il Capitano in the midfield is more important than what you imagine.
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, è la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Fav. Player
    DEJAN DEKI STAN

Zanetti can play as a sweeper like baresi and even better than Baresi,i know that is a big statement but its true

i prefer maicon as attacking RB mainly because his crosses are superior,and his general positioning around the right flank is more attack orientated

but il capitano is the best player at holding the ball(shielding included) and the best player at running with the ball not only @ Inter but the world

another big statement yes,but just ask yourselves how many times has zanetti ran from 16 yard box to 16 yard box in his years with us,thousands

its true his runs arent very fruitful hence let him just bring the ball to our midfield via the LIBERO running as noone can stop him

just waiting for mancio to realise this
    "And this one time, at band camp, I stuck a flute in my pussy",

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    And another positive of Maicon he likes to risk more than Zanetti. But when speaking of attack Maicon is the better right back and obviously defensive its JZ but usually JZ covers for Maicon defensively.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

As an attacking rb maicon is better and as a defensive rb jz is better. But both fit into our lineup no need to bench either one.
    Last edited by Stefan; 01 Jul 07 at 20:28.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Useless debate , Hal nailed everyone's thoughts in his post.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Fav. Player
    RONALDO (the re

Australia

Quote Originally Posted by bennyblanco View Post
    Zanetti can play as a sweeper like baresi and even better than Baresi,i know that is a big statement but its true

i prefer maicon as attacking RB mainly because his crosses are superior,and his general positioning around the right flank is more attack orientated

but il capitano is the best player at holding the ball(shielding included) and the best player at running with the ball not only @ Inter but the world

another big statement yes,but just ask yourselves how many times has zanetti ran from 16 yard box to 16 yard box in his years with us,thousands

its true his runs arent very fruitful hence let him just bring the ball to our midfield via the LIBERO running as noone can stop him

just waiting for mancio to realise this
    zanetti is great and all even with his dribbling

he doesnt do it nearly enough to be effective EVER
    http://i47.tinypic.com/106hq42.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Boys San Interista View Post
    Money where Sandrodiosi easily had could wipe the ass of azz off, till it was glimming again.
    Quote Originally Posted by skeet View Post
    he was one win away from a treble, so i wouldn't argue with his testicle oriented man-management techniques

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti,Cuchu

Kosovo

Brazil vs Chile - Maicon was substituted 26 minute i wanna know when he will comeback and if it is serious injury i hope nooooot
    Marco Materazzi :“Now I can finally write this, because I wrote it on a contract: I’ll be Inter for life,”

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

Zanetti is a better RB in my opinion but Maicon is a great WB and a decent RB. Zanetti plays more defense and have better marking IMO. However, Maicon give us the explosive and great crosses and can be more dangerous than Zanetti.

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by interlab View Post
    Brazil vs Chile - Maicon was substituted 26 minute i wanna know when he will comeback and if it is serious injury i hope nooooot
    Yeah, something with his shoulder apparently. Hopefully he's okay.

Fav. Player
    DEJAN DEKI STAN

Quote Originally Posted by cloudq View Post
    zanetti is great and all even with his dribbling

he doesnt do it nearly enough to be effective EVER
    so do you agree or disagree,i sort of dont understand your point mate

imo,JZ the best ball holding player in the world,one of the best runners with the ball @his feet,for a defender anyway

for every young kid that wants to play football id recommend for them to study Zanetti's style a little better,
    "And this one time, at band camp, I stuck a flute in my pussy",

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    The thread's question is too ambiguous. For me, there is no doubt that Maicon would be a better right back in our current formation of 4-3-1-2. This is because in such a formation, all of the offensive duty from the flanks rest on the full back. They are supposed to take risks, go forward and get those crosses in.

J.Zanetti is the best in the business in making those dribbles down the flank, however, he is too timid and always, always too reluctant to cross the ball. And to be honest, his crosses were not first class as well. Maicon is much more livelier and gives more fire down the right. He takes much more risk and that characteristics are exactly what we need in our team. Furthermore, he's a much better crosser of the ball.

That is why, there is no question that Maicon is the better right back for our formation. In a classical 4-4-2, this opinion may change, but otherwise, Mancini's decision to replace Il Capitano with Maicon for the RB position was certainly justified.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    More importantly, J.Z. is an asset to our midfield when he plays there. We have a tireless runner and chaser of the ball and also one who can dribble through and at time start some counter attacking moves when we are under pressure.

Like Han said, Maicon is a great guy to have as a RB in a 4-3-1-2 and in the same way J.Z. is an asset because he covers multiple roles very well.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.