Page 1 of 50 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Nelson Rivas

Spain

Nelson Rivas

So looks like it's official that we get this guy, i have never seen him play, he says he is a mix between cordoba and yepes.
    He has been loaned in river plate this last year.

All I could find on youtube about him was this, it looks like he was a Materazzi fan when he was younger, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57OjDIFhu2s

However if he is really coming back to us then welcome and I hope he has a wonderful run with us.
    Last edited by Pi; 07 Jul 07 at 12:42.

Spain

hahahaa joga feio, i also found that video when i searched, RED CARD FOR "EL NEGRO" RIVAS!!!!!

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Has anyone ever heard of him?

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

lol, I saw that clip too when I heared of him. And lollllllll @ him acting innocent after booting a player in the balls!!!

Tough to judge from one video, but to me he looks like a Materazzi replacement.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Cordoba's getting old this guy might be the guy to replace him.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Inter net ‘Tyson’ Rivas
    Saturday 7 July, 2007
    Inter have pulled no punches in strengthening their defence by swooping for Nelson ‘Tyson’ Rivas of River Plate.

The 24-year-old, who physically resembles former heavyweight boxer Mike Tyson, is understood to be on the verge of a Nerazzurri switch.

Nelson Enrique Rivas López should land in Milan on Monday to undergo his medical – even if there may be a delay in grabbing his signature.

Inter are in fact firstly waiting to get a response from Juan Veron after they offered the midfielder the chance of a sensational return.

As Inter can only register one more non-EU player, Rivas would immediately be loaned out by the Nerazzurri to accommodate for the Argentine’s possible return.

Standing at 1.81m tall, Rivas is a tough tackling Colombian centre-back who has impressed for River Plate since he joined them six months ago from Cali.

The stopper, who could team up with compatriot Ivan Cordoba at San Siro next season, was also being monitored by Atalanta and Bologna.

Tyson hahaha.

Anyway, i dont understand this signing at all.

We already got Samuel, Cordoba, Materazzi, Burdisso

makes no sense, unless we're gonna use him to buy another player.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Quote Originally Posted by Azzkikr View Post
    Everyone was better than crapiasso in the coppa so for veron to be better doesnt say much, cambiasso is hugely overrated by most inter fans. Mediocre player at best, wouldnt be a starter in most other "big" clubs for sure. Same with stankovic.

Fav. Player
    IBRA,ADRI,CHINO

Finland

72 10 years of FIF
    I fail to understand this move. We got Materazzi,Cordoba,Samuel,Burdisso,Andreolli, Chivu is prolly coming, + primavera centerbacks (Bonucci...). + To those we have Rincon on loan at Empoli who should be coming back..
    "There are 2 great teams in Milan, Inter and Inter Primavera" - Peppino Prisco
    "Inter is a delightful disease which leaves everlasting scars" - Eugenio Bersellini

Fav. Player
    Deki, Samuel

10 years of FIF
    Rincon stays for anothre year on loan tehre, I've read...
    H. Cuper - Uno Di Noi Per Sempre !
    John Frusciante -

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Quote Originally Posted by alvaro View Post
    I fail to understand this move. We got Materazzi,Cordoba,Samuel,Burdisso,Andreolli, Chivu is prolly coming, + primavera centerbacks (Bonucci...). + To those we have Rincon on loan at Empoli who should be coming back..
    As i said before, the only reasonable with this is if we are gonna use him to get another player.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Quote Originally Posted by Azzkikr View Post
    Everyone was better than crapiasso in the coppa so for veron to be better doesnt say much, cambiasso is hugely overrated by most inter fans. Mediocre player at best, wouldnt be a starter in most other "big" clubs for sure. Same with stankovic.

100% wasted Money. 7m euro for Rivas? og my god!! rather more give chance Andreoli!!!!!

Moratti why? what happen?
    Next season Messi will be Inter player.

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Is he a right of left defender? It makes a difference.
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Spain

Zzang it's not 7 million, i read that it's 2'5.

He is right footed.

I have read some things from a guy who has seen him play (he is from uruguay) and he says he is absolotly crap player who can't play the ball (anyway, a defender should defend, not play the ball), and he lose the starter spot at river in the last weeks, so he was relegated to the bench.

Fav. Player
    Zlatan, Arma Le

I'm tired of people whining about getting defenders. If he has similar abilities as cordoba and materazzi, AND he plays CB or RB. Then it's definitely not a waste. You guys keep assuming that we can survive the Champions League with 3 defenders (actually 3 very good defenders - well ok 2 out of 3), suspended. This guy will be a good replacement, and a good investment IMO.
    Even with Chivu you guys whine, when we know he can play CB.

Bunch of cry babies. We'll get our playmaker. We have 2 months till the transfer window is closed. Jesus.
    "URLANDO CONTRO IL CIELO O O O O O OOOOOOO"

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Panama

46 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by DISCO ZZANG View Post
    100% wasted Money. 7m euro for Rivas? og my god!! rather more give chance Andreoli!!!!!

Moratti why? what happen?
    Why are you crying ?

If Inter bought him, then Inter should have something on their minds..

Fav. Player
    Zlatan, Arma Le

Quote Originally Posted by deadman1289 View Post
    Why are you crying ?

If Inter bought him, then Inter should have something on their minds..
    Good to see people that understand.
    "URLANDO CONTRO IL CIELO O O O O O OOOOOOO"

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    This is just for the future, we will loan him out to another small Italian club so that he can gain experience.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Wow why are some people bitching and moaning this guy seems to have great qualities and he could be our surprise package like Maicon

I'm Colombian .. and Inter fan of course, I'm so shocked about this transfer of Rivas to Inter...because we knew he had offers from clubs from Germany and Spain, but not a clue about inter, but this is great !!!

I can tell you about Rivas that he played the last 6 months in River Plate, is really really fast for a defender his size (like the article says, pretty much like A. Perea form Atl. Madrid) he is a tough defender, you wont get past him easily, believe me ... Let me tell you one thing; the transfer from Colombian Football to River was also very quick, and River Fans didn't know who Rivas was. But in the first match he played, at the end of the game they were already chanting his name!! something like 'negro, negro!!' which means 'black , black' but not offending him, but in a cool way.

Anyway, i think one thing he has to improve is his positioning, its not really good.

It is true that in the final games of last season he was benched, but it was because he had a minor injury ... He play center back, he's right footed. He played a game or 2 as a RB (definitely not his natural position)

IMO i think he is a good investment, he is not really expensive and might prove some people wrong.

Fav. Player
    Cruz, Maicon

United States

I think its not a bad move. Cordoba is obviously losing his speed, and Andreolli has a long way to go. We lack a speedy defender and it would be nice to have a backup for Cordoba.