Thread: Referee thread

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso; Adri

Referee thread

Since a lot of people don't understand a lot of the more complicated/ unnecessary/ daft laws of the game I thought it might be a good idea to set up a thread to explain any questions ppl have. I am a registered referee with the TTFF even though I'm not active, as I'm going to school in DC. I'm also not professional or anything like that, but I do know all the crazier rules.
    Last edited by Soca_Warrior; 26 Aug 07 at 17:33.
    end quote.

Romania

What's the weirdest rule?

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso; Adri

probably the one where taking off your jersey is an automatic yellow card.
    end quote.

Romania

I was thinking about that myself I also heard they don't let you on the field if the lineman referee don't checks your crampons. what could be so dangerous about it?

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso; Adri

Yea. If you don't have shirt, socks, shinpads, and pants they wont let you on, but you can wear any kind of shoes you want.
    end quote.

Fav. Player
    Javier Aldemar

Quote Originally Posted by Soca_Warrior View Post
    Yea. If you don't have shirt, socks, shinpads, and pants they wont let you on, but you can wear any kind of shoes you want.
    I want to see a player go in with work boots on or something, that'd be hilarious, then just switch them out during a stoppage or something..
    FORZA NERAZZURRI
    Avevamo vinto
    A ROMA, A SIENA, E DUNQUE, A MADRID!
    NOSTRO AMORE PER TU NON MORIRA. NULLA E IMPOSSIBILE. INTER PER SEMPRE.

"Those who say it's not important say so because they don't have the right attitude or because they have been knocked out.
    We must progress in every competition we're in the running for, a team like Inter must have this mentality."

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

United States

See, in my league, proper boots are mandatory. And you cant have metal studs. I've seen someone be sent off before the game even started because he was wearing flats.
    18 F.C. Internazionale Milano 18

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso; Adri

That actually shouldn't happen. A league can put its own rules for shoes, like no metal studs, but you shouldn't send someone off for that. If they are missing something the ref tells them to go off the field and change it and then come back on.
    end quote.

Fav. Player
    Javier Aldemar

Anyone see the US-Brazil game today? Some very poor refereeing... I liked that sometimes he let the game play out but he missed a crucial penalty foul and some other just outright bad tackles...
    FORZA NERAZZURRI
    Avevamo vinto
    A ROMA, A SIENA, E DUNQUE, A MADRID!
    NOSTRO AMORE PER TU NON MORIRA. NULLA E IMPOSSIBILE. INTER PER SEMPRE.

"Those who say it's not important say so because they don't have the right attitude or because they have been knocked out.
    We must progress in every competition we're in the running for, a team like Inter must have this mentality."

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Soca_Warrior View Post
    That actually shouldn't happen. A league can put its own rules for shoes, like no metal studs, but you shouldn't send someone off for that. If they are missing something the ref tells them to go off the field and change it and then come back on.
    Yeah, I agree but I think the guy was refusing to change his shoes and being stupid about it.
    18 F.C. Internazionale Milano 18