Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eurobasket - Spain 2007

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF

Eurobasket - Spain 2007

Spain is main favorite for gold, they are complete with all that stars from NBA-Gasol,Rudy,Garbajosa,Navaro and Calderon. Home court will play big part too.

Greece is favorite number two, great defence and players like Paploukas and Diamantidis.

France have Parker and Diaw, they can jump and Parker will force them to run, maybe medal.

Litva, Šaras Jasikevicius is back and yestarday against Turky he showed how great player he is. They can win gold...

Others are prety much on the same level, maybe Serbia,Italy,Russia can surprisse.

Croatia losed first game against Lethonia and I expected much more from them, they are definetlly bigest negative surprise of tuornament so far while they "friends" Slovenians is bigest postive surprise of tuornament so far , Jakovic with buzzer for win against Italy.

Nowitzki needed to score 35pts and 11 reb for win against Chezs in extra time, Germany doesn't look god but he's capble for everything. Definetlly the greatest player on this tournament but he have very untallented team.

That's it so far...
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

I'm so disappointed after our first match..Credit to Latvia, they've deserved it yesterday, but it was really a pathetic performance by our players..I think we haven't created more than 2 reasonable actions in the whole match, no excuses for that..

We'll probably beat Portugal tonight and qualify for the 2nd Round, but that's probably as far as we'll get..Greece, Russia and even Serbia look better than us and it would be a big surprise should we advance to final stages..

Favorites are definitely Spain and Greece, followed by Lithuania and France..Among them, I'll support Lithuania cause their style of play is the closest to my liking..
    MILAN A.C.

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

Unbelievable when I read my previous post..We have beaten World champions Spain and will advance to 2nd round with all 4 pts(Spain 2, Portugal 0)..I don't know what has been happening in our first two matches, but this was really something else..

It was really a beautiful match, both teams played good, Spain better in the first while Croatia did better in the second half..This time our actions had head and tail, the choice of taken shots was very good and we also looked solid defensively, specially in the second half..

Croatia constantly had a lead throughout the last period, but Spain caught us and had 2 pts advantage just few seconds before the end..Tomas made the 3 point shot and afterwards, we could've started to celebrate..

Ahh, this one was a perfect example of why I love this sport so much..Forza Croatia..

Serbia lost to Israel and they are out while other results all pretty much excepted, maybe just Slovenia's win over France is a little surprise..
    MILAN A.C.

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Europian champion is also defeted, "big Greece" without referies is beated from Russia.

And what a great game Spai-Croatia, I am especially happy for Tomas, great young player.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Greece played like a bunch of amateurs in all three games... The game with Serbia was "fun" to watch during the end(that three pointer to draw the game was out of this world!!!)

I see Russia going quite far this time and Spain getting eliminated early. Even if I want Greece to do as good as possible, it's tough to get through to the semis with such performances...

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

Navarro is out for Spain, which is a real big blow..

Lithunia looks good, and surprisingly too Croatia.
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

Big Daddy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghahbe of Turkey
    Wiltord had a better goalratio than Henry for France
    Wiltord 26 goals, 92 games
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by UhUhOleguer View Post
    Navarro is out for Spain, which is a real big blow..

Lithunia looks good, and surprisingly too Croatia.
    Mehdi, I agree not having Navarro is a blow for Spain, but Croatia came to this EC without 4 important players(3 of them starters)..

Anyway, my favorite to win is still Spain, closely followed by Lithuania..
    MILAN A.C.

Speech of the year:

Quote Originally Posted by B-RaD View Post
    Merda will get past Celtic but that's as far as they'll go. This isn't the Milan of past years.
    Milan Campioni d'Europa!

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

Haha..It's even better on Serbian..There's no match in the World for curses used in ex-Yu..

Croatia-Israel 75:80
    MILAN A.C.

Romania

Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    Speech of the year
    Is that translation for real? You can't go talk on the interviews like that, the whole country will see it eventually! I just hope that man isn't a role model for a kid

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by INTER View Post
    I just hope that man isn't a role model for a kid
    He is, in Serbia! Time of champions in Serbia is over, I hope new smart guys like Bodiroga and Đorđević will come because that was joy to watch.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

Quote Originally Posted by Wittmann View Post
    Haha..It's even better on Serbian..There's no match in the World for curses used in ex-Yu..

Croatia-Israel 75:80
    hehehehheee....even I understood what he said with the limited "ex-yugoslavian" language I speak(you still call it serbo-croatian or...?)

Serbs were really bad..but both Croats and Slovenia do good.

Wittmann, I didn't know you miss 3 key players..then its even more impressive, but that defeat was a blow..
    but anyway..still better than Serbia
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

Big Daddy Kane
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

No, it's just Croatian language now though we understand each other perfectly well..

Both Serbia and Croatia came to this championship significantly weakened and it's not really a surprise they're already out while we struggle in every single match..Slovenia is doing good though they were lucky in matches vs France and Italy, I would love to see Slovenia vs Croatia in 1/4 if we qualify, of course..

Great matches tonight:

19.00h Croatia-Greece
    21.30h Spain-Russia
    MILAN A.C.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

Quote Originally Posted by Wittmann View Post
    No, it's just Croatian language now though we understand each other perfectly well..

Both Serbia and Croatia came to this championship significantly weakened and it's not really a surprise they're already out while we struggle in every single match..Slovenia is doing good though they were lucky in matches vs France and Italy, I would love to see Slovenia vs Croatia in 1/4 if we qualify, of course..

Great matches tonight:

19.00h Croatia-Greece
    21.30h Spain-Russia
    I see...

I grew up in the age where people called it "Serbo-Croatian" but yeah, there are some differences to Serbian and Croatian from what I got now..

Big Daddy Kane
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

Germany-Slovenia 47-77

I knew Germany is weak and depends heavily on Nowitzky, but Slovenia surprised me with their great performance last night..Croatia plays Russia in few hours time and will probably face either Lithuania or Slovenia in 1/4 final..Though task..
    MILAN A.C.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Russia demolished Croatia
    Greece demolished Portugal

Anyone knows what's next?

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

I wouldn't say Croatia was demolished, well not till 4.quarter at least..We were leading all the way, but fell apart in last 12 mins..Anyway, we needed Spain's victory over Israel to get qualified for 1/4 final and they did it..

1.Spain
    2.Russia
    3.Greece
    4.Croatia

2 games from the other group will be interesting tomorrow, Slovenia vs Lithuania for 1st and Germany vs Italy for the last place in 1/4 final in that group..If I could pick an opponent for Croatia, it would be Slovenia but something tells me it's not gonna happen and we'll get Lithuania, a team everyone wanted to avoid..
    MILAN A.C.

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuko View Post
    Anyone knows what's next?
    Greece will be demolished from Slovenia!
    Last edited by Hasan; 12 Sep 07 at 02:35.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Probably...

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

Hmm, I don't think so..Slovenia played really good so far, better than even themselves thought they would..They were lucky to win two matches when they scored shots with the buzzer and somehow I think they've already reached their maximum..

Greece is a tricky team, they don't seem as a contender for medals at the moment, but their reserve is huge..Objectively speaking, Croatia is the weakest team in group E and Slovenia will do everything to win their match vs Lithuania to get us in 1/4 final..We wouldn't mind that either..

If Slovenia don't win tonight, then I see Greece and Lithuania in semis..To see Croatia there would be a miracle though, of course, I hope for it..
    MILAN A.C.