Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Mancini - potentially best coach we ever had under Moratti??

Mancini - potentially best coach we ever had under Moratti??

For me it is still Alberto Zaccheroni. But Mancini can surpass him if he wins either Scudetto or CL.

And your opinion, plz!
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Impossible to say as Mancini hasnt had enough time to show his worth!

To me Cuper has been one of the best under Morattis era, and until this min I regret his sacking which was VERY unnecessary
    Cuper made our players united and stopped treating players differntly. He brought in harmony and although we didnt play samba football - yet most of the times we managed to get the results required.

edit. Just wanted to add that Mancini was my 1st choice when Cuper was shown the door. So Mancio better show his worth
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Well Cuper never won anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Gismo
    Well Cuper never won anything?
    well, not many coaches won anything while Moratti was in charge!

So, if you excl. the fact of winning trophies, then I believe Cuperman made the best of his time while being in charge of our team.

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

How can I exclude the fact that he didn´t win? Only good thing he did was make us COMPETE for titles. To me that´s not good enough.

How can I exclude the fact that he didn´t win?
    because not many other coaches managed to win anything! excl. the Uefa cups!

anyhow, your title says:
    Mancini - best coach we ever had under Moratti??
    and my answer is that as for Mancini we wouldnt know as he has just arrived!

so, to me, from those who have had the opportunity to coah our team - cuperman was the best.

R.I.P Cipe

Cuper had a better team than Simoni. Simoni won UEFA Cup.

I agree with what Zanetti said about Cuper being a good coach, but his negative mentality and the fact that we choked against the big teams prevented him from ever winning anything under him. But yes, he was the best coach we had in Moratti's era IMO.

Zacc??He produced two very memorable victories against Juventus, but let's face it he wasn't all that great anywhere else. He was always reluctant to change formation from his 3-4-3 and therefore proved to be even more stubborn than Cuper. He also was tacticall inapt at the European level of football, which he also proved with poor showings in Europe as the coach of Milan.

Mancini in all likelihood will become the best coach of Moratti's era, but it is far to early to say that he is the best coach of Moratti's era. If we're looking at the record of our coaches before and after they coached Inter then Marcello Lippi was without a doubt the best coach of Moratti's era, but we all saw how his spell as Inter coach worked out didn't we?However, Mancini has everything it takes to succeed as Inter coach, the right positive mentality and the respect of his players, on top of some good pre-season showings and the quality of players we currently have there is a recipe for success under Mancini. He also has the added boost of being a former world class player. The only doubt I would have about Mancini is his ability to take us far on the European scene. But I and most of Inter's players after 15 years of waiting would probably choose Lo Scudetto over the CL anyway, I just don't want us to have another Ronaldo case or a Beckham or Vieria case with a player wanting to leave to win the CL.
    But I will look forward to this coming season with optimism and so should we all. Anyway, the seeds of our season will be sown tomorrow night and we should be able to have a fair idea of where this team can go. But we should remember that even if we don't do too well it isn't the end of the world. Remember Milan in 2002/03, they only got through the priliminaries on the away goals rule and then look what happened

So, let's look forward with optimism to potentially the greatest spell of all of our times as Inter fans.

Forza Mancini
    Lo Scudetto will return.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    This - Funniest thread ever since FI started?

First, you are trying to judge Mancio even before he had played an official match! What are you, Porto? :p

Second, Zac is the best coach Moratti has ever had. We barely made it to the 4th place with players like Adriano, Deki, Emre, etc etc and he's the best ever. Oh my God!

Well, seriously, the best is Cuper, without a shadow of a doubt. We were a shambolic club that was being fooled around by Milan and Fiorentina in 00/01 but we challange the Scudetto right to the very death in Cuper's first season. Second season, we were second placed. In fact, Cuper has the best points per game ration among all other Inter's coaches! Including those not from the Moratti era!

Handyo

But that didn't help us did it..Because of Gobbi..

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Well I sure hope your topic title is correct but for now you should have called it ''Mancini-potentially the best manager ever under Moratti?''
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    This - Funniest thread ever since FI started?

First, you are trying to judge Mancio even before he had played an official match! What are you, Porto? :p

Second, Zac is the best coach Moratti has ever had. We barely made it to the 4th place with players like Adriano, Deki, Emre, etc etc and he's the best ever. Oh my God!

Well, seriously, the best is Cuper, without a shadow of a doubt. We were a shambolic club that was being fooled around by Milan and Fiorentina in 00/01 but we challange the Scudetto right to the very death in Cuper's first season. Second season, we were second placed. In fact, Cuper has the best points per game ration among all other Inter's coaches! Including those not from the Moratti era!

Handyo
    I guess you guys misunderstood the title. It is ofcourse "potentially" best.

And Zac did more than Cuper did in his whole 3 years! Kept us in CL when Cuper most likely would have finished 5 th or below. Cuper did well in his first season, I agree. But from there it was downhill.

Zac had a team made primarily for 4-4-2 while his favourite system is different - 3-4-2 plus a player to insert where needed.

Zac arrived in CHAOS that Cuper created. I don´t give our victories over Juve too much credit, though they were nice. We got fourth place. Something I never dreamed of in January when he had to play weird players.

Mancini
    “I want to see a totally different mentality to the Inter sides I saw in the last few years. This team always needs to take a game by the scruff of the neck and take the initiative.”

Great! Though this is from Channel 4.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

I guess you guys misunderstood the title. It is ofcourse "potentially" best.
    Fine by me!
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Zac arrived in CHAOS that Cuper created.
    what??
    what chaos are you talking about my friend?
    The chaos was created due to Cuperman's sudden departure!
    So it wasnt his fault but our managements fault!

R.I.P Cipe

He screwed up the player´s mentality by losing so many games in the beginning of the Serie A campaign.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

He screwed up the player´s mentality by losing so many games in the beginning of the Serie A campaign.
    We only lost game, and that was against Milan. Cuper didn't have the most fantastic of starts, but there was always the possibility of doing better.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

oh come one man!
    as Miki said we ONLY lost 1 game! and were crusing in the C.L!

Anyhow, its all in the past now....

R.I.P Cipe

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Miki
    We only lost game, and that was against Milan. Cuper didn't have the most fantastic of starts, but there was always the possibility of doing better.
    Agree !

Quote Originally Posted by Miki

Ciao,
    Tim
    Sorry... I meant losing and drawing so much... Screw CL. He can´t win that anyway... It is a spell... He can only reach the final.

Oh and I don´t approve being 9th in Serie A.