Fav. Player
    Rafeal van der

Best city for football

Okay, there are a few competing for this award such as:

London- Arsenal
    - Chelsea
    - Fulham
    - Tottenham
    All of these are in the Premier League in England so none of these teams are bad. Obviously Chelsea are European threat and Fulham aren't but any team in the premiership is good in my eyes.
    Milan- Inter
    - Milan
    Obviously Milan have a great history and Real Madrid are the only team to beat their European Cup success. Inter are also a very strong team and have had their great years (1964-1968).
    Madrid- Athletico
    - Real
    Real no doubt have had the best European record thanks to Di Stefano who made the club one of the best teams in the world. Athletico Madrid, I don't know much about this team but I do kinow some of their players and ex player. They are a great side who are trying to compete for La Lega but are maybe not strong enough for Barcalona or Real Madrid. Athletico in my eyes will really be hoping to really go for the La Lega. Can someone confirm this please, I think they have participated in the European Cup 9 times overal. Any team that plays in the Champions league/European Cup is worthy to be called a good team.

What city do you think has the best football clubs based on History or Present or both?

Personally I'll say Madrid then Milan then I'm not sure. London clubs havn't won many European Cups, if any. Confirm please someone.
    Last edited by DJDamyard; 08 Sep 07 at 14:57.

The city of Milan have won more European titles than any other city, and right now no city has two teams as good as Milan and Inter.

London has Chelsea and Arsenal, but they havent won ANYTHING, and Arsenal is not what they were a few years ago. Madrid has Real and Athletico, not close. Barcelona? Noooo, Manchester? Noooo, Rome? Noooo, Liverpool? Noooooo nooo nooo.

Milan = the best football city!

Fav. Player
    javier zanetti,

Milan is number1 trust me ive been...i no someboddy is going to insult me for saying that as usual..but thats ur people problems..by far the worst is toronto i again should no i live here..we have the tornto fc they reak we have a stadium for 20, 000 fans san siro= 85, 000...the fans here suck and soccer in this country of canada reeks..nobody knows what they are doing here is all messed

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Milano in terms of prestige on the European level. Then again, it's mostly due to Bilan's success rather than ours lol

Still no one can deny our 2 CL Titles (err... European Cup's) and 3 UEFA Cups. And most of those other cities are dominated by one team while the other(s) are just whipping boys (eg. Atletico, Espanyol, Everton, Man City etc...)

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Who is Eusabio? Did you mean Eusebio? I don't think he ever played for Madrid, it was Di Stefano who helped them win all those CL titles.

Good question, but a city isn't better by the number of trophies its teams won, it's quality rather than quantity. I have never been to Milan, but from what I hear it's not exactly a soccer city. I think cities like London, Bueons Aires etc. are better than it.

Fav. Player
    Rafeal van der

Quote Originally Posted by Hammoudi View Post
    Who is Eusabio? Did you mean Eusebio? I don't think he ever played for Madrid, it was Di Stefano who helped them win all those CL titles.
    Ma bad

Fav. Player
    javier zanetti,

milan is very similar to toronto with that added touch of soccer spark but i guess if u want soccer crazy london is your best bet.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Depends on what you filter out. Atmosphere?

Milano, Roma, Buenos Aires, Athens, Genova, Thesalonika etc etc

Quality? (as of now)

Madrid, Barcelona, Milano, Buenos Aires, Liverpool, London etc etc

Quantity? (trophywise and prestige)

Madrid, Milano, Barcelona, London, Liverpool, Genova, Athens, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, Roma etc etc

Depends on who is asked and what he filters out as a good football city. I'd pick Milano, Athens and Buenos Aires if I had only 3 choices, and if only one, then Athens, only because it's the only one that I lived and I really know about it more than the rest.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

Belgrade
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

Big Daddy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghahbe of Turkey
    Wiltord had a better goalratio than Henry for France
    Wiltord 26 goals, 92 games
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

Fav. Player
    No Milan player

i don't know...but i think you're a lil' crazy when you're talking abou team like fulham or tottenham...or even the chelskis...and you don't mention the champions of England MANCHESTER UNITED...who were crowned 16 times wich means a lot in the strongest championship in the world......you know nothing about football..GLORY GLORY MAN UTD

Greece

10 years of FIF
    And by posting that you show us how much you know about football, and how much intelligence you do not have

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

Quote Originally Posted by Wazza10 View Post
    i don't know...but i think you're a lil' crazy when you're talking abou team like fulham or tottenham...or even the chelskis...and you don't mention the champions of England MANCHESTER UNITED...who were crowned 16 times wich means a lot in the strongest championship in the world......you know nothing about football..GLORY GLORY MAN UTD
    True...given that most ManU fans live in London, it would be good to include them in the list of London based teams.
    manchester only has 1 team..
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

Big Daddy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghahbe of Turkey
    Wiltord had a better goalratio than Henry for France
    Wiltord 26 goals, 92 games
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

Fav. Player
    Rafeal van der

Quote Originally Posted by UhUhOleguer View Post
    True...given that most ManU fans live in London, it would be good to include them in the list of London based teams.
    manchester only has 1 team..
    true...Man Utd are a strong team I admit. Man City haven't won much European trophies. In all honesty I'd place Liverpool above Manchester by quite a big amount. Liverpool have won more than them but Everton havn't been that successful in Europe which brings the city Liverpool down.

But Milan is the best city for football both at present and in the past.

Spain

Milan is the only city with 2 europe champions.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Brazil

Belo Horizonte => Atlético and Cruzeiro

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

United States

Milan. The only city with two dominant teams. It can't be London with Arsenal falling fast.
    18 F.C. Internazionale Milano 18

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by Its On Man View Post
    Milan. The only city with two dominant teams. It can't be London with Arsenal falling fast.
    Falling fast? They have won more than us in the past decade and were a finalist for the CL last year.

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    London is probably more of a football city than Milano but no team in London, with the exception of maybe Arsenal, compares to Inter or Milan. Chelsea were known more for their hooligans than their football before the Russian. Spurs are the crappy English version of Inter, which is forever disappointing and under-achieving. Every other London team is small potatoes.

Now that I think about, Buenos Aires is probably the best in terms of everything. A couple dozen teams, millions of fans, many great players produced and trophies as well.

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Hammoudi View Post
    Falling fast? They have won more than us in the past decade and were a finalist for the CL last year.
    Alright, maybe not fast. But losing Henry, and a bunch of other things, they're just not at the same place where they were when the made the Champions League final a few years ago.
    18 F.C. Internazionale Milano 18

Fav. Player
    Rafeal van der

Ajax actually really have produced some of the best players in the world as well: Rijkaard, Ronald Koeman, Marc Overmars, Marco van Basten, Dennis Bergkamp, Johann Neeskens...and a few more, not many though!....although I wouldn't consider one of the best City's for football, maybe in the past but not at present...which is disappointing because I have a soft spot for Ajax!!!