Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official: Almeyda to Independiente

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF

Official: Almeyda to Independiente

Well, he's gone. I'll miss him, he was crazy but a good player, and a very committed one. He almost killed Corradi during Lazio vs Inter last year!

He didn't move to another Italian club as some rumours were suggesting, he's going back to Argentina, since he won't have any chance to play with Inter.

Well, good luck El Cholo!

http://it.sports.yahoo.com/040811/2/2nqg.html

http://www.calciomercato.com/modules...icle&sid=63816

22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Deki, Samuel

10 years of FIF
    I remember he was one of the best midfirlders in Serie A when he played for Lazio.I have no idea what happend to him that he become avarage player with is good only for bench.I was little scare that Mancini will want to keep him since it's another his friend since they played in one team.It's good for us that he left.
    H. Cuper - Uno Di Noi Per Sempre !
    John Frusciante -

Cheers!
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Thanks to you, Matias. You gave a lot!!!

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles
    Thanks to you, Matias. You gave a lot!!!
    It's nice to see that not everyone here dislikes Almeyda. Many thought that he agreed to cancel his contract so he could move to another Serie A team, but he didn't. And I always knew he wouldn't, he said that he loved Inter a lot, and he wanted to win something with them. When he was told that there was no room for him, he went back to Argentina. I really admire him for that.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

True that.

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    All the best to Almeyda. A player who gave it all while on the pitch. One could never question his fighting spirit!

Grazie Mattias
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Fav. Player
    Adriano and Ibr

Bye Almeyda

I'll miss your crazy reaction
    I HATE MOGGI

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Ciao e grazie Matias Almeyda!
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Almeyda was a good backup player. It sucks that all that is forgotten due to what he did vs. Lazio.

Anywayz I wish him luck, though he already wasn't a part of the squad an more so this news isn't that much surprising.

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    I didn't exactly get a chance to watch ALmeyda play. But I kinda know he's a good player, with Inter in his heart. I'll always remember the time he was sent off against Lazio. Not in a bad way. But in a crazy kinda way.

Ciao Almeyda!
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

I loved this guy man, he was a great fighter. I remember in a match somebody made a horrible tackle on Emre and Almeyda went crazy, went to the player like he would kill him, like he was protecting his little child Emre . Im going to miss him man, he certainly was a man with personality.

Ciao Mathias wish you the best of luck
    Hernán Crespo, Internazionale, after UEFA Champions League game, replying on a question about Ibrahimovic(Sept 26, 2002):

"He is one of the best forwards I have met this year. In my opinion he can become one of the world's greatest players. He already has enormous qualities."

Good luck Matias.
    Alwyas loved him. He was agressive and you need these players in your squad. But with Inter he didnt use his brains and i donno why. He looked angry all the time and i am sure he had problems in his private life.
    Sveglia Ragazzi...Bilan e Rubentus non sono così stellari.

Our time will come, with or without your approval!

Fav. Player
    Oba

I liked the way Almeyda gave his all when he played and I wish him luck for the future.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

http://www.calciomercato.com/modules...icle&sid=63956

Bad news Almeyda has cancelled his contract with indipendiente because he got a deat threath! Man this warrior has always some problems thats why i loved him, I now hope he tries to find a new club and succeeds in doing so instead of quitting!!

Forza Mathias
    Hernán Crespo, Internazionale, after UEFA Champions League game, replying on a question about Ibrahimovic(Sept 26, 2002):

"He is one of the best forwards I have met this year. In my opinion he can become one of the world's greatest players. He already has enormous qualities."

G, the guy is unlucky.

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Almeyda has signed with Brescia.

Official presentation will be held tomorrow.

From Gazzetta:

Almeyda è ufficialmente un giocatore del Brescia

Tornato dall'Argentina, Matias verrà presentato domani
    BRESCIA - Il Brescia ha ufficializzato l’acquisto del centrocampista argentino Matias Almeyda. L’ex giocatore dell’Inter, a parametro zero, aveva rotto la scorsa settimana il suo rapporto con l’Independiente a causa delle minacce subite da lui e dalla sua famiglia. Un mese fa aveva già annunciato di volersi trasferire a Brescia, esisteva dunque già un accordo (ingaggio annuale da 550 mila euro). Domani mattina la presentazione all’Hotel Touring di Coccaglio.
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia più grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

Wau.....Brescia are getting all of our old players. Maybe they should change there name to Interbresciale

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

I have no words for my disappointment... I can't believe he signed for Brescia. He lied and abused his fans' trust. Shame on you Mathias.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    and here is more on that news:

Brescia finally sign Almeyda Tuesday 24 August, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brescia have today officially confirmed the capture of Argentine midfielder Matias Almeyda.

The player joins the Lombard club on a free transfer after his Inter contract expired last month.

The former Lazio star initially turned down the club’s offer in favour of a switch to Independiente.

However, the player decided to not head back to his homeland due to fears over the safety of his family in Argentina.

The ex-Parma player will be presented to the media on Wednesday after penning a one-year deal.

It is believed that the 31-year-old international will net himself around £350,000 a season at the Stadio Rigamonti.
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe