Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guests & members

Fav. Player
    Balotelli, Cout

Guests & members

I am sometimes surprised when i see that 15 people are looking in a section, but then i see it are just 2 members and 13 guests.......isnt that a big annoying sometimes?

I guess you can read everything as a guest but you only cant answer.....wouldnt it be better to let guests only look to the index, so only members can read treaths?

At this way you will earn more members and perhaps there will be more posting. Its just an idea........i dont really like if every guest only just read all that we say but never say anything.
    Iván "BamBam" Zamorano, 1+8
    StraordiMario Balotelli

Fav. Player
    figo, stankovic

ye its really annoying where theres an inter game on, and all these members + all theese guests are viewing the thread were there talking abut the game, it adds up to like 50 people viewing, and really theres only like 8 members and 42 guests.....maybe those guests should think about making accounts
    Last edited by centenary-inter; 06 Oct 07 at 18:16.

Fav. Player
    Rafeal van der

If they were true Inter fans they would already have accounts wouldn't you think?

Fav. Player
    Javier Aldemar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDamyard View Post
    If they were true Inter fans they would already have accounts wouldn't you think?
    I agree..

If they don't want to be members and contribute then they should have limited access to certain areas perhaps, like inter streams or pictures or whatnot.
    FORZA NERAZZURRI
    Avevamo vinto
    A ROMA, A SIENA, E DUNQUE, A MADRID!
    NOSTRO AMORE PER TU NON MORIRA. NULLA E IMPOSSIBILE. INTER PER SEMPRE.

"Those who say it's not important say so because they don't have the right attitude or because they have been knocked out.
    We must progress in every competition we're in the running for, a team like Inter must have this mentality."

Fav. Player
    Rafeal van der

Quote Originally Posted by mikepugs View Post
    I agree..

If they don't want to be members and contribute then they should have limited access to certain areas perhaps, like inter streams or pictures or whatnot.
    I personally dont think they should be allowed to see any of the website except for the homepage thing...and i'm not sure if they should be able to see the shoutbox either...

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Nah, we should absolutely not restrict guests from coming here. It's because sometimes people want to take a look at how the forum looks like before starting to contribute as members. However, we will take a look at this suggestion:

Quote Originally Posted by mikepugs View Post

Syria

10 years of FIF
    listen to the little guys you tight ass, they have a major point. let them see the thread names but to read let them sign up. too mant guests being pricks. great idea from you blokes.

Fav. Player
    Rafeal van der

I see that the political and social comentary(or what ever you call it) has been hidden from Guests...is the recent?(I'm hardly ever a guest, i noticed this morning it wasn't there but i thought it was just some sort of bug but I took a look there niw and it wasn't there, i signed in and it appeared!

Fav. Player
    No Milan player

How are people, who visit this site sappposed to be incoured to sign up, if they cant view the threads? The arguments and opinions of this site is what generates its appeal.

On another forum, Guests can not look in photo threads but what you get then is; they register and are just looking to the pictures without posting. Here you can read everything so you don't have to register for anything.. I have to say, the first thing annoys me more...

Syria

10 years of FIF
    i dont like this 100 post rule. i think its bogus.

it should be 1 or none.

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    its to avoid all thoese spammers and fagets coming on and shitting up the threads

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by h2o View Post
    i dont like this 100 post rule. i think its bogus.

it should be 1 or none.
    Yeah, it seems a tad harsh. Maybe something like 10, 20 or even 50 would be better.

Indonesia

We tried setting it up at 50. But the thing is, we'd have to create a new user rank. Currently, we just set it at the current minimum user rank (Primavera Player I think, which requires at least 100 posts) or so that's all there is to it. We'll see though, if there is too much problem, we can set the minimum post for Primavera Player to 50.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Then just create a new user rank called Primavera Reserve or something.. Shouldn't be tough, and it should be even less than 50. Many people become members just before a game, at least that's what I've noticed in the past months

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuko View Post
    Then just create a new user rank called Primavera Reserve or something.. Shouldn't be tough, and it should be even less than 50. Many people become members just before a game, at least that's what I've noticed in the past months
    quite frankly id happy to let them view everything, just as long as they have signed up. and it shouldnt be hidden per se, it should be shown from the outside but then when they click on that section or thread they are required to register or have one post.

Indonesia

Helal, if we do that, we'll have too many inactive members, ie, members who just register to still leech off. That's something we don't wanna happen.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    nah, im sure that will drive away the lazy ones who will not be effed registering so they will close it.

where as the ones who go through with it will then have a massive incentive to post cause once your reading, signed in and having an opinion its so easy to post.

where as now, they jsut reading and not signing up.

Indonesia

I'm a leecher somewhere else in another forum and no, I don't ever get the "massive incentive to post cause once your reading, signed in and having an opinion its so easy to post."

We'll try this first, if it doesn't work, we'll change it. Besides, this is not such a big deal, 50 and 100.

Fav. Player
    il Capitano

Bahrain

98 Forum Supporter
    I'm one of the people suffering because of this now. I was actually confused for a long time about all the threads disappearing, until I noticed the announcement by accident and searched a bit.

I consider myself a member because I've been here for more than a year, but I'm just more of a daily lurker.

I don't really want to create unsubstantial posts just to get the number up. Is there another option, or do I have to create 30 posts in the German Bundesliga thread