Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Inter accept Dubai challenge

Fav. Player
    R.Baggio

Inter accept Dubai challenge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter will take part in January 2008’s Mohammed Bin Rashid International Football Championship in Dubai.

Lazio lost out to Benfica in the Final of last year’s four-team tournament and the Nerazzurri will hope to go one better and secure the prize fund of over £1m.

“This championship will provide the perfect climate away from the European winter to keep the team in peak condition for the second half of the season,” Beneamata managing director Ernesto Paolillo enthused.

The other sides to compete will be Brazilian FIFA Club World champions Internacional, Dutch giants Ajax and one other still to be announced with games taking place on January 5 and 7.

How official is this?
    Black N Blue Heart

Formerly known as Kaynerazzuri

Fav. Player
    Rafeal van der

I hope it is because my appartment will be ready by then YAYY!!..Anyone know where I would be able to get tickets to all the matches of the competitions(Suneet?)?

Fav. Player
    R.Baggio

Quote Originally Posted by DJDamyard View Post
    I hope it is because my appartment will be ready by then YAYY!!..Anyone know where I would be able to get tickets to all the matches of the competitions(Suneet?)?
    Your apartment? where did your family buy it from buddy?
    Black N Blue Heart

Fav. Player
    Rafeal van der

Quote Originally Posted by Khalifa View Post
    Your apartment? where did your family buy it from buddy?
    Emaar, beside the Emerites Golf Course(There's like 4 of them bring built there) Do you have one being built there?

Fav. Player
    R.Baggio

Quote Originally Posted by DJDamyard View Post
    Emaar, beside the Emerites Golf Course(There's like 4 of them bring built there) Do you have one being built there?
    there is so much being built around, i really dont know WHICH golf course...but im not mistaken, it could be the new stuff around Emirates Hills. Im going to be there December and seems like im going to stay until inter leaves...i need to gather information regarding hotel stays n what not...im going to stalk these guys.

Regarding tickets, i will let u know soon .
    Black N Blue Heart

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Dude there are 4000 buildings being built here. I too have an apartment close to the EGClub.

Dont worry Dam, I will get the tickets.. what about you Khalifa, you gonna be in town?

All that if it is made official.. My bday is on Jan the 31st so this is gonna be a great bday gift from Inter

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Fav. Player
    R.Baggio

Quote Originally Posted by Suneet View Post
    Dude there are 4000 buildings being built here. I too have an apartment close to the EGClub.

Dont worry Dam, I will get the tickets.. what about you Khalifa, you gonna be in town?

All that if it is made official.. My bday is on Jan the 31st so this is gonna be a great bday gift from Inter
    i am hopefully, i wont miss this !
    Black N Blue Heart

Fav. Player
    Rafeal van der

there is so much being built around, i really dont know WHICH golf course...but im not mistaken, it could be the new stuff around Emirates Hills. Im going to be there December and seems like im going to stay until inter leaves...i need to gather information regarding hotel stays n what not...im going to stalk these guys.

Regarding tickets, i will let u know soon .
    sorry, I actually got my year wrong , Mine will be ready NEXT August...But I will maybe be in Dubai this Christmas/New Year! Emmmm, Its the main Emerites Golf Course, as in the one with the hexagonal clubhouse(do any of you's golf?)

Fav. Player
    Rafeal van der

Quote Originally Posted by Suneet View Post

Thanks Suneet, but I doubt I'll be in Dubai, my dad said we can go but my mum was quite hesitant. One of my brothers needs to revise for his AS-Level Resits and he doesn't want to go and my other brothers moved out of the house and in Uni so I'm not sure if I'll be there. Thanks alot but I'll PM you within the next few days telling you if I'll be there or not. Thanks again!
    Last edited by DJDamyard; 22 Oct 07 at 20:42.

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

United States

Internazionale against Internacional. That'll be fun.
    18 F.C. Internazionale Milano 18

Fav. Player
    Milito

Hong Kong

81 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Its On Man View Post
    Internazionale against Internacional. That'll be fun.
    And Adriano against Adriano...hope ours can play

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

Quote Originally Posted by darsez View Post
    And Adriano against Adriano...hope ours can play
    He can play and he will likely to feature since itz a friendly
    Whether or not he can do something on the pitch is another thing

Fav. Player
    il Capitano

Bahrain

98 Forum Supporter
    I just called Dubai Sports Council and they confirmed that it's official. I can't believe this, last year they come to Bahrain, and then I move to Dubai and they come here one year later

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf19 View Post
    He can play and he will likely to feature since itz a friendly
    Technically it's not a friendly. It's a full scale tournament with $2.5 million in prize money. With $1 million to the winner, I'm sure they'll play the first team.

"No exhibition matches are played and the tournament is conducted in strict accordance with FIFA regulations. This ensures that the Mohammed bin Rashid International Football Championship is a showcase for the highest quality football."

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    Technically it's not a friendly. It's a full scale tournament with $2.5 million in prize money. With $1 million to the winner, I'm sure they'll play the first team.
    oh wow! didnt notice that the tournament worth so much. Then good luck, hope we come away with some extra cash

Fav. Player
    il Capitano

Bahrain

98 Forum Supporter
    Guys, if anyone is in Dubai and would like to participate in organizing please PM me as soon as possible.

Fav. Player
    R.Baggio

Guys, if anyone is in Dubai and would like to participate in organizing please PM me as soon as possible.
    Ehsan, i will be in Dubai during that time. What kind of organizing do you in mind?
    Black N Blue Heart

Fav. Player
    il Capitano

Bahrain

98 Forum Supporter
    Ehsan, i will be in Dubai during that time. What kind of organizing do you in mind?
    This is being explored now by the organizing committee. They're treating it as a VIP event, with all organization being done at a very high level. So no promises, but maybe there will be something for us to do.

If so, I'd like to have a list of people from the forum ready. I will have more information once they study the proposal of having fans help out.

Fav. Player
    R.Baggio

This is being explored now by the organizing committee. They're treating it as a VIP event, with all organization being done at a very high level. So no promises, but maybe there will be something for us to do.

If so, I'd like to have a list of people from the forum ready. I will have more information once they study the proposal of having fans help out.
    most certainly. Let me know, my friends in Dubai could be of help. We need to gather all the info about the team.
    Black N Blue Heart

Fav. Player
    Recoba, Alvarez

I want balotelli to play in this game..he needs more experience

Romania

The official link of the tournament: http://www.dubaicup.ae/