Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canna's big problem

Syria

10 years of FIF

Canna's big problem

i love the azzuri captain. but this injury of his will keep him out of form for the rest of his career.
    he said if he took a few months off and worked on it, then it would be healed. but he said he would rather play with the pain.

My Theory...
    now that we have cordoba, matrix, favalli, burdisso and miha. we should let canna take these months off to make a total recovery. by january he should be ready and thats why we keep sorondo with us until january then let him go when canna is ready again. its benefit for us and italian team that this player is 100 percent. we should let him fully recover...enough defenders as it is anyway?
    Last edited by snake; 28 Jan 06 at 10:44.

Well Canna should have not gone to Portugal anyway. He would have been ready for Serie A start up as one of the best players in the world...

And yes I agree that we should let him rest. But it wonīt happen since Cannavaro himself refuse this for unknown reasons...

It is so frustrating that I canīt put words on it...
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Syria

10 years of FIF
    maybe he sees his career ending soon so just wants to play. personally i think it would of been a bad idea to skip portugal. because then world cup 2002 would of been his last international tournament (not a memorable one), and its good to be captain of your national team for your last international tournament true?

so now that we got these new players we should let him rest until january. back at full strength.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Gismo
    Well Canna should have not gone to Portugal anyway. He would have been ready for Serie A start up as one of the best players in the world...
    It's amazing how you think that Canna should have given up Euro 2004 (during which he played very well) just to be ready for Inter.

Do you think he just woke up one day and said to himself: "I don't feel like getting 3 months off, it'd be too boring, let's just keep playing"?

He made a choice, advised by Inter Medical Staff, and using his own judgement. Who are we to question that?

I sent him a message on his official web site asking him about this I highly doubt that he will reply, but if he did you'll be the first to know.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

OK, cool. inter.it doesnīt work for me. I canīt log on.

Well nothing could be further from the truth: First of all I thought Canna was a dissapointment in Portugal.

Secondly the medical staff advised him to take 3 month rest to cure his Tibia problem. They never encouraged him to do the opposite. In fact they wanted him to skip it probably.

So what does this show about Fabio Cannavaro? That he is selfish.

If he just came out and stated that he really wanted to play Euro 2004 I would understand him. But it seems he doesnīt really care that much about Inter. Which is harming the team IMO.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Frisko
    It's amazing how you think that Canna should have given up Euro 2004 (during which he played very well) just to be ready for Inter.

He made a choice, advised by Inter Medical Staff, and using his own judgement. Who are we to question that?
    I second that.

c'mmon, it was EURO 2004, most probably his last tournament (?), and he was the captain of the side !!

Again he never said he REALLY wanted to play it. If he had done that I probably would have accepted it.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    what would i do in his position? considering he doesnt play the worldcup.

i would of gone to euro 2004 and play my very last tournament and as being captain for the first time(in a major touny) of my beloved country.

and about serie A i would rest then come back in january ready to help inter fight for the scudetto (considering we always die down after the christmas break )

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Well nothing could be further from the truth: First of all I thought Canna was a dissapointment in Portugal.
    Many will disagree with you here. I'm one of them

Secondly the medical staff advised him to take 3 month rest to cure his Tibia problem. They never encouraged him to do the opposite. In fact they wanted him to skip it probably.
    I don't think so. His only problem is the pain, there is absolutely no danger in playing.

You are selfish, not him! You don't give a sh** about the guy's career, and somehow you have this idea that since he plays for Inter, his number one priority should be Inter. Well it doesn't work like that for everyone! You might not like him for that, and that's cool. Personally, as long as he's professional (which he is), I don't mind if he's in love with Inter or not. He's not my favourite player, but I respect him a lot.

By the way, Canna will retire from the NT after the world cup I suppose. Some of you said that Euro 2004 was his last tournament, but he didn't retire, so he'll be there in 2006.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

It is so frustrating that I canīt put words on it...
    "Debating" with you surely is kinda frustrating...

Youīve seen one match when Cannavaro played for Inter, one! Youīve seen probably two NT matches (at Euro2004) when Cannavaro played, two! And yet you criticize him as a player and as a human being like thereīs no tomorrow. Give me a [bleep!] break will ya!

And yes I agree that we should let him rest. But it wonīt happen since Cannavaro himself refuse this for unknown reasons.
    Last match he played was june 18th against Sweden. He have had almost two months to recover/rest already...and still going...
    No offense, but i really would like to punch you now.

If he just came out and stated that he really wanted to play Euro 2004 I would understand him.
    Have you read his interviews he gave before Euro2004 tournament?

Guess not...
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia pių grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

Tommi: Post those interviews or the links and I may forgive him.

No offense, but i really would like to punch you now.
    Wanna elaborate on that statement? Is it a threat?

"Debating" with you surely is kinda frustrating...
    Well they say the truth is like a sword...

Frisko: I was born selfish. So I often think of myself before others.
    Thatīs my nature. But in this case I donīt see how on the Blue Earth I am selfish...

Canna is refusing to be a world class star and win big trophies for my favourite team because he wanna play Euro 2004. If he said:

"I really wanna get my last chance of success with Italy" I would totally accept it. Most likely.

But I havenīt seen any such statements on inter.it... So what am I supposed to think?

Well I have got the impression that he cares about Napoli and Italy. Not Inter. Which is part of Interīs problem - players without hearts for the club.

So if he wonīt get cured and be a star I will never forgive him.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    inter.it always keepin things from us, ay? lol

Yep. Annoying, really.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Gismo, you have a personal grudge with Cannavaro and I can't change that...

So this is for you:

22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Of course I have. Canna has reduced Interīs chances of success. And hasnīt given a reasonable explanation... What do you expect?

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Gismo.

# Love towards Zach.
    # Hate towards Cannavaro.

Well

I am not a Cannavaro fan, and looking at his performance for us in the last two seasons and with the defenders w have now, I wouldn't be sad if we get Cannavaro for a good price.

But what I disagree with those who criticize Cannavaro is - why do u guys blame im for participating in the EURO 2004.

c''mmon ??

For god sake, stop blaming him for that. And I guess, almost all players wud have done what he did. And it's also not that serious. All he needs is rest and reach the fitness level, which we can provide him that much time, coz we do have defenders, especially after Burdisso also arrives.

I believe I am the only one blaming Canna, Prav. Maybe itīs because I havenīt read those Interviews with Canna and everyone else has...??

:question:

And I prefer affection for Zac, rather than LOVE? All respect for the gay people, but I am not gay.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    I believe I am the only one blaming Canna, Prav. Maybe itīs because I havenīt read those Interviews with Canna and everyone else has...??
    Do you evaluate the players just on the basis of interviews ??
    I wouldn't.

No, of course not. I just feel it is bad for Inter to not have the super duper great Canna by not resting him for 3 months.

And I wonīt accept his partizipation in Portugal until I see an interview with him stating: "This is my last chance... bla bla bla...

You shoulden blame him for playing at Euro 2004. Because it's an honour to be captain for the national team. So of course he wonted to play.

I'm definitely not mad at him, as you are Alexander.

If I was in his situation, I would have done the same. woulden you.