Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Inter support the idea of a European League?

Fav. Player
    No Milan player

Should Inter support the idea of a European League?

If the possibility of a European league came about would Inter fans want them to take part?

Would you swap games against Empoli, Livorno and Reggina for regular season games against Celtic, Lyon and Real Madrid?

On the weblink below there is a site containing a European League proposal, I'd love to hear Inter fans views on the idea of resigning from Serie A to join such a league. There is more information at...

www.freewebs.com/europeanpremierleague

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Only if the italian fa pushes us into it by forcing us to have to have a set amount of italians.

Else the current format is fine.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Yes please! Unless something radical happens in Italy.

Fav. Player
    Adriano

its a crap idea.

Fav. Player
    CN69

Italy

10 years of FIF
    one word: no.

it would ruin calcio, all the passion would be gone. Who gives a shite about the aforementioned teams when you can play against teams you've shared a bitter rivalry with for decades.

Plus, it would kill the development of Italian teams and football
    Juve - ladri colpevolia per sempre
    Una volta un ladro sempre un ladro

Liberta' per gli ultras

No al calcio moderno

Romania

I'm kinda 50%-50% on this one.

On one hand I would like for us to play against great teams, it's just like the jungle law: "Only the strong survive". Ch. League it's kinda shitty but a regular season would be totally different.

On the other hand I think that the distance between towns would act against the team, because it's hard to be on the track every week. And like Katie said the true rivalries would disappear and I would hate to see that. As for the Italian development I don't give a shit. We are Internazionale.

Fav. Player
    J.Z, Matrix, De

Romania

neah....serie A wouldn't be so fun without the mediocre teams such as rubentus and other so i say NO
    ONLY & 4EVER FORZA INTER !!!

Meglio Vivere un Giorno da Leone che Cento Anni da Pecora

Fav. Player
    Matrix, Ibra &a

I really cant see that happening as all the great leagues would lose their best teams and i cant see any of the teams agreeing to this anyway. Say if Porto was invited in...they wouldnt say yes because they always have a good season in the portuguese league because there are only 2 other half decent teams, in this league they would struggle.
    Siamo noi, siamo noi, i campioni d'Italia siamo noi! Chi non salta Rossonero EHH EHH Chi non salta Juventino EHH EHH INTER---IPadroni di Milano!

Fav. Player
    R9, P3, N13,M45

Trinidad & Tobago

This is a HORRIBLE IDEA
    A team gets it's identity from the domestic league....if there were no domestic league the true spirit and identity of football will be lost........everybody would become Arsenal Infact it's the domestic league that is responsible for the creation of Inter in the first place.....it there were no domestic league then the lot of the first interistas would have just joined other clubs instead of making their own and making the best footballing rivalry ever. I think that with Inter approaching their 15th Scudetto and Milan with their 16 is a GREAT battle
    Ronaldo>(insert name)
    Milan will rise again

Greece

10 years of FIF
    It'd be cool if it was played as well as the domestic league. But with 2 large groups to avoid many games in a season, like in FIFA 99 if anyone can remember

Fav. Player
    Stankovic

European league would be brilliant. Not just one league but maybe 2 or 3 divisions.

Serie A is not the same anymore - i dont even know why.

I dont think it will ever happen thought
    When you scored you went to celebrate with Mancini. What did you want to do to him?
    "I shook him a bit; I could have hurt him... (smiles). Jokes aside, when you score a goal there are ten seconds in which you forget everything."

Stankovic after milan match

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Noway i want to give up on serie a. I would like to have such a league but instead of the CL and no the serie a, but i guess this will never happen since we would have to many games a season if we d change the cl format into a league.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Spain

i don't want that to happen, they only should make CL different, with stage groups between the best 16 teams like 4 or 5 years ago.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

I like Alex`s idea about changing and modifying the CL and perhaps make it look more like an European League or something.
    I really wanna see some European League action and I believe it will be great!

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

I could never accept Inter playing in a primary league that isn't the Serie A. There's too much history and tradition involved to even consider moving away. Modifying the existing Champions League to fit the requirements of an all-star European league would be fine by me; swapping that with the Serie A is a no-no.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Syria

10 years of FIF
    once every 4 years. Including top 3 from every big league and top team from every other league, so not many teams..

that way we can see some excitement and still retain the tradition and rivalry of serie A

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Another idea: reduce the number of teams in Serie A, increase the number of matches in the Champions League (more group stages, not more teams).

Let teams like Siena and Catania play in Serie B, why do we have to play useless games against them?

The same goes for the European teams. Why do we have to face the very small teams in Europe? It's a waste of Inter's time (and useless long trips).

We should only play against the best 10-15 teams in Italy, and only the top European clubs.

Reduce the number of small teams in both Serie A and CL, let the players have some rest by not facing the small teams in both Italy and Europe, and let the fans enjoy watching their teams facing the best teams in both Italy and Europe.
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

A team gets it's identity from the domestic league
    Thats why you keep on saying that we are paper champions and we suck.

Reduce the number of small teams in both Serie A and CL, let the players have some rest by not facing the small teams in both Italy and Europe, and let the fans enjoy watching their teams facing the best teams in both Italy and Europe.
    It'll be a treat for us but what about those Catania and Siena fans? They itch with excitement whenever a big team comes to town.
    Last edited by A.l.i; 16 Nov 07 at 09:51.
    Spoiler: text 

Fav. Player
    CN69

Italy

10 years of FIF
    why destroy what we have.. The smaller teams still deserve to be here and do give us some nice surprises against the bigger teams - Empoli this year anyone?

Teams outside the big 5 or 6 bring some great rivalries too - Atalanta, Livorno etc.. Games against these two are ones I look forward to in the calendar, nothing beats the feeling against Livorno of singing "Communista pezzo di merda"

The serie A is something special and traditional, a huge no to changing it.

Change the CL all you like, however, it doesn't really excite me at all
    Juve - ladri colpevolia per sempre
    Una volta un ladro sempre un ladro

Liberta' per gli ultras

No al calcio moderno

Fav. Player
    Adriano, Recoba

Actualy it would be pretty nice to see such a league, though i also am not for leaving Seria A.
    GRANDE INTER, Amore Mio!

Dear Santa, the past year, you took my favorite singer, Michael Jackson and my favorite actor, Patrick Swayze.
    I want you to know for the next year, that Milan is my favorite oldie, and Juventus is my favorite bitch.