Thread: Marijuana in sports?

Fav. Player

Canada

Marijuana in sports?

Ok well there's a big debate whether or not prof. athletes should be allowed to smoke pot, no one really knows whether it affects their performance (besides damaging their cardio a liitttleee bit, but I'm sure plenty of pro's smoke cigarettes from time to time anyways).

I'd like to see what some of your views are on the matter, whether or whether not you,re a smoker. Add a poll too
    ████████████████████████████████████

*18* VERO

Fav. Player
    R.Baggio

i scored one of the best goals in my entire playing career when i was blitzed. I got a buddy that actually gets better when he's stoned...but on a professional level, it will have its drawbacks.
    Black N Blue Heart

Formerly known as Kaynerazzuri

Fav. Player
    DEJAN DEKI STAN

Quote Originally Posted by Khalifa View Post
    i scored one of the best goals in my entire playing career when i was blitzed. I got a buddy that actually gets better when he's stoned...but on a professional level, it will have its drawbacks.
    I personally dont believe that pot makes you play any better or gives you any kind of edge as far as performance is concerned.

Ive been smoking pot throughout my football career and would like to tell the younger people that the 2 dont go together..nd to avoid it completely.

Use an astmha puffer twice half an hour before training..yes it does give heart burn only because the lung capacity becomes like Arnies..
    "And this one time, at band camp, I stuck a flute in my pussy",

Fav. Player
    R.Baggio

Quote Originally Posted by bennyblanco View Post
    I personally dont believe that pot makes you play any better or gives you any kind of edge as far as performance is concerned.

Ive been smoking pot throughout my football career and would like to tell the younger people that the 2 dont go together..nd to avoid it completely.

Use an astmha puffer twice half an hour before training..yes it does give heart burn only because the lung capacity becomes like Arnies..
    Benny, i thought you were going to get me. It doesnt make you play better, but it makes you think that you play better, that simple pass gets dissected in million beautiful pieces..
    Black N Blue Heart

Fav. Player
    DEJAN DEKI STAN

Quote Originally Posted by Khalifa View Post
    Benny, i thought you were going to get me. It doesnt make you play better, but it makes you think that you play better, that simple pass gets dissected in million beautiful pieces..

hehehe i know what you mean bros..true...every motion seems to be analised and scrutinised when you are on pot to the slightest detail..
    but half the time i was paranoid that my pass would get intercepted and then i would doubt myself and not pass it altogether..

Cocaine on the other hand.. ...
    "And this one time, at band camp, I stuck a flute in my pussy",

Fav. Player
    J.Z, Matrix, De

Romania

i know someone who came stoned from a party and played as a goalkeeper and saved every single ball :lol" that was really hilarious...nobody coud score him a goal...he played for about 1h and didn't get one single goal
    on a professional level i don't thinik it would be apropriate to smoke at all,let alone weed
    ONLY & 4EVER FORZA INTER !!!

Meglio Vivere un Giorno da Leone che Cento Anni da Pecora

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    I think as long as u don t play stoned there s nothing wrong with smoking weed as a pro. Mainly coz if u have smoked the night before the match u re still fully fit the next morning atleast i m always fit the next morning so i don t see nothing wrong with that.

On the other hand i think playing baked cant be good atleast whenever i played stoned i was pisspoor no reactions and no condition at all.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Fav. Player

Canada

There's also the arguement that it should be banned simply because it's a cheap way to relieve some stress before a big event for pro. athletes. For example that Canadian snowboarder who won a Gold medal at the Olympics but was stripped of it for smoking pot.

Stupid if you ask me. If you're a pro. athlete then it shouldn't matter what you do with your personal life as long as you put up numbers on the board.

Allen Iverson, Michael Vick, Carmelo Anthony...all great athletes and all potheads.
    ████████████████████████████████████

*18* VERO

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    Until marijuana is ilegal everywhere, its impossbile to use it in sports...

I am one of those who dont think marijuana is drug, and should be legalised, but its only my opinion...

I played while was high, but just with friends, and damn, it can be so funny and easie, u get lot of composure and creativity, but sometimes it can also be scary and everything u try to do seams like imposibble to make, like scienc-fiction
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

Man u guys are crazy..when i smoke I barely leave my sitting place(playing sport? impossible
    MERDA ROSSONERA-TI ODIO

RISPETTO PER TUTTI...PIETA PER NESSUNO

PER L'HONORE DELLA MAGLIA SIAMO PRONTI ALLA BATTAGLIA

Vinci ad Atene, godi in Europa...torni in Italia e ti scopri un idiota -36

Fav. Player
    R.Baggio

Quote Originally Posted by interista View Post
    Man u guys are crazy..when i smoke I barely leave my sitting place(playing sport? impossible
    Beka, even if you don't smoke, you barely leave your sitting place.

Sorry, i had to say something!! love you man. hahaha
    Black N Blue Heart

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    Not good marijuana if it leaves u sitting on the one place...

But if you are siiting on one place, in a room full of ppl, and u see train coming right at you, that it's a good one...
    -what a scary moment it was for me...
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

u sure it wasnot mushrooms

khalifa, one day we will smoke inside colleseum on the spot u found ehehehe
    MERDA ROSSONERA-TI ODIO

RISPETTO PER TUTTI...PIETA PER NESSUNO

PER L'HONORE DELLA MAGLIA SIAMO PRONTI ALLA BATTAGLIA

Vinci ad Atene, godi in Europa...torni in Italia e ti scopri un idiota -36

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

negative for me

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

It has more to do with being a bad example to kids obviously..but marijuana doesn't really make you a better athlete or whatever. same as coke.
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

Big Daddy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghahbe of Turkey
    Wiltord had a better goalratio than Henry for France
    Wiltord 26 goals, 92 games
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

Fav. Player
    Adriano, Recoba

Lol, that's a funny topic.
    GRANDE INTER, Amore Mio!

Dear Santa, the past year, you took my favorite singer, Michael Jackson and my favorite actor, Patrick Swayze.
    I want you to know for the next year, that Milan is my favorite oldie, and Juventus is my favorite bitch.

Fav. Player
    R.Baggio

Quote Originally Posted by interista View Post
    u sure it wasnot mushrooms

khalifa, one day we will smoke inside colleseum on the spot u found ehehehe
    Beka, Thank you for reminding me about that day, lol, we sat there for an hour looking for the sexy couple and tell me you didnt forget the nap in the ruins?, oh man! even when we are both walking with canes and inter fields robotic defenders, i still want us to have that joint.
    Black N Blue Heart