Thread: Siena defending their values over Taddei

Siena defending their values over Taddei

Siena slam Roma and call Lazio
    Friday 13 August, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rodrigo Taddei’s future is creating seemingly endless speculation between Siena, Roma, Lazio and Juventus, but the Tuscan President is furious.

“Rodrigo Taddei will only leave Siena in a co-ownership deal,” warned chief Paolo De Luca, “otherwise he’ll stay for a year and play Subbuteo instead. He is an ungrateful player and an unprofessional man.”

This is the latest statement of bitter recrimination from the Siena President after Taddei was frozen out of the squad for his complaints at the state of negotiations with Roma.

“I am ready to end up out of pocket in this deal, so long as we maintain our moral principles intact. Taddei had pledged to extend his contract, then forgot everything and took every step possible to reach an agreement with Roma.”

“The thing that most disappoints me,” he said on a local radio station, “is that I had a great deal of respect for Roma and President Franco Sensi. Their director general Franco Baldini, however, is trying to make deals with agents and leave the club with pittance.”

This battle has led to reports that Siena are now negotiating to sell half of Taddei’s contract to Roma’s arch rivals Lazio, albeit with help from Juventus director general Luciano Moggi.

With this deal in place, Juve would be able to help Lazio financially and go some of the way to taking fullback Massimo Oddo and striker Simone Inzaghi to Turin this summer.

Personally I agree with the Tuscan President.
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    I don't think Taddei deserves a thread of his own. This can be discussed in the Serie A or Serie A Transfers thread. Hence, closed.

Handyo

Fine by me.
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti