Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tactical improvement this season

Tactical improvement this season

One thing that need to be mentioned is that weimproved alot tactically this season - I mean after the pre season period -that we becom very active in the defenesive phase of the game i.e. when we loose possesion and the openent team enter our half we chase them and chase the ball in free space. Contrary to our pre season tactic were we play zone defense in a static sense and that is were we lost againest Rome in the super cup and many games in England tour.
    So we should make compliments to Mancini andourcoaching staff as we normally
    criticize his tactics. This change of tactics had been very usefull with many young players like Jimnes Bele and others that we did not feel the absence of our many starters. Congratulation toMancini who improved alot over his period withInter as a coach.

Forza Inter
    Ciao
    didi
    Didi

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    No we need Mourinho, Mancini is crap Moratti doesnt have a clue. We need to be better than 1st position in the league and CL. Every game should be won by a margin of 4 goals atleast.

Mancini is lucky as El Chino says, but lets not forget you need some luck to win anything, his decisions have been generally good and I'm sure his mistakes will reduce as he gains more and more understanding of his players abilities. I'm starting to trust his transfers especially after Chivu(who I was against) Jimegol and Suazo. Carvalho if we've got him is also a great move. But the best part is this:

Moratti knows all this and he has signed up Mancio to a long contract.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

India

Judging pre season matches is pointless, but I agree... Mancini has definitely improved his tactical appraoch. He's not near "tactically inept" as some people here have claimed.
    Last edited by Rimpel; 14 Dec 07 at 21:03.

Fav. Player
    Chivu

England

The only joy we had in pre-season was beating Man Utd.. other than that our pre-season was terrible.. I watched us get beat twice at the Emirates Cup from the stands.. was so disapointed, was nice to see youngsters and non 1st teamers get a shot in tho.

Our tactics this season have been quite similar to previous Mancini seasons.. just a shuffle about.. Like Zanetti in midfield.. Chivu in midfield.. the growth of Maxwell and Maicon has helped us so much and of course the magician Ibracadabra!

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I won't deny it - even as a Mancini critic - he's looked a LOT better this season, especially in the last few matches, I think if he can keep up the progress (a big judge will be sunday), then there is NO reason whatsoever to get rid of him. I was VERY unimpressed with his tactics until recently, but he is starting to look sharp and like he has learnt a LOT as the inter coach

Fav. Player
    RONALDO (the re

Australia

there still isnt a lot to like about the way inter go forward

playing possession football, id expect inter to be a lot more prettier

but its generally, set up on the wing, probe down the wings and when defences clog one side, switch the ball to the other side until we can cross in and look for a header

but its still effective so long as we break through forcing defences to loosen

much thanks to the finishing of cruz of late, as without him, we may have been seeing more 0-0 draws instead
    http://i47.tinypic.com/106hq42.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Boys San Interista View Post
    Money where Sandrodiosi easily had could wipe the ass of azz off, till it was glimming again.
    Quote Originally Posted by skeet View Post
    he was one win away from a treble, so i wouldn't argue with his testicle oriented man-management techniques

Denmark

Mancini isnt a worldclass tactician, thats common knowlegde. The main reason we have won everything so far is because our team is simply that much better than anything else we have face so far.

But mancini has other qualities as a coach that makes him valuable, and he is at one with the team so obviously he shouldnt be replaced.
    Last edited by Azzkikr; 26 Dec 07 at 00:19.

Fav. Player
    Cruz, Maicon

United States

He has improved alot defense-wise without fielding 10 players on our penalty box. Theres still some places I'd like to see improvements, such as set peices, but I guess it would be alot harder to set this up with our best XI changing every game.

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzkikr View Post
    Mancini isnt a worldclass tactician, thats common knowlegde. The main reason we have won everything so far is because our team is simply that much better than anything else we have face so far.

But mancini has other qualities as a coach that makes him valuable, and he is at one with the team so obviously he should be replaced.
    I didnt understand that, what is he doing wrong?

Denmark

Well i wrote "should" when i meant "shouldnt", so it didnt make much sense

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    I get it now, fate just wont let you praise anyone. even your own keyboard is against you.

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    RONALDO (the re

Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Azzkikr View Post

But mancini has other qualities as a coach that makes him valuable, and he is at one with the team so obviously he shouldnt be replaced.
    simple

he may not be the greatest tactician in the world, but then again, neither was jurgen klinnsmann, in fact klinnsmann was quite the crappy tactician but a great motivator and still took germany to the semi's of the WC

mancini is a great motivator and has gotten the players to play to their potential, has mihajlovic to improve communication with the players and the memory of facchetti to refocus inter

packaged with moratti's money, and the balls to not let moratti control the transfers, what we have here may be the best thing inter have had since trapattoni
    http://i47.tinypic.com/106hq42.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Boys San Interista View Post
    Money where Sandrodiosi easily had could wipe the ass of azz off, till it was glimming again.
    Quote Originally Posted by skeet View Post
    he was one win away from a treble, so i wouldn't argue with his testicle oriented man-management techniques

Fav. Player
    Marco Materazzi

Im not too sure if this is the suitable place to post this, but does anyone else agree that this years formation is the best we've had in a while? Im talking about the 4-4-2 which the 4 midfielders form a solid 3 behind the playmaker. In recent years theres been the winger system with Kily and Vandermeyde etc. In 2003 i remember Zaccheroni/Cuper used a wing back system with Helveg and Zanetti on the right with Coco on the left.

For me this year has been a great success in terms of how well Inter has stuck to their tactics. The midfield is great, we have 3 ball winners who can play all 90mins and provide the security and freedom for our playmaker(Deki/Figo/Jimenez) and its payed off. Add to that our attacking fullbacks and versatility of Chivu,Javier and Burdisso, we have alot of depth to suit our game plans...
    Interista per tutta la mia vita

Quote Originally Posted by chuchu19 View Post
    Im not too sure if this is the suitable place to post this, but does anyone else agree that this years formation is the best we've had in a while? Im talking about the 4-4-2 which the 4 midfielders form a solid 3 behind the playmaker. In recent years theres been the winger system with Kily and Vandermeyde etc. In 2003 i remember Zaccheroni/Cuper used a wing back system with Helveg and Zanetti on the right with Coco on the left.

For me this year has been a great success in terms of how well Inter has stuck to their tactics. The midfield is great, we have 3 ball winners who can play all 90mins and provide the security and freedom for our playmaker(Deki/Figo/Jimenez) and its payed off. Add to that our attacking fullbacks and versatility of Chivu,Javier and Burdisso, we have alot of depth to suit our game plans...
    I agree with you and I think Capitano ,Campiaso and Chivu should be our midfield for the rest of the season as they proved their understanding of each other and they the team tactics intact - jimenes and or stankovic/Figo when fit for the AM role.
    Didi

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

Capitano, Cuchu and Chivu have done very well...but once Vieira is back, Chivu would surely give way to him. Vieira is too good a player to leave out and his physical presence also gives us a great advantage on set pieces.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    Capitano, Cuchu and Chivu have done very well...but once Vieira is back, Chivu would surely give way to him. Vieira is too good a player to leave out and his physical presence also gives us a great advantage on set pieces.
    spot on. Read my mind
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

Our defense has been suspect recently. Thankfully we still have time before the Liverpool game. We need to iron it out ASAP and reach the lofty standards Samuel and Cordoba had earlier in the season.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    ^^ I agree but if u think about it Matrix is coming back from an injury and Samuel is out with one.Taking these factors into consideration i feel we are ok..

You are right though we should use the upcoming games to iron out the look to beat Liverpool
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Our defending has been poor in 2008. I think that is the only doubt I have. I'm sure Mancio will sort this out and the best time to get some confidence back is against Empoli.