Possible opponents
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Lyon
    • Schalke
    • Olympiakos
    • Celtic
    Who would you like to take on and why?

Who would you like to avoid and also, why?

For me i'd like to save Arsenal til we've recovered from the injuries, leave them to Milan for now

Would be happy to take Liverpool, Schalke or Olympiakos.. maybe Celtic too, then when our squad is fully fit again, bring on the best
    Juve - ladri colpevolia per sempre
    Una volta un ladro sempre un ladro

Liberta' per gli ultras

No al calcio moderno

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    I would like us to kick Liverpool out of competition, but if we keep those injurys in february too I wouldnt be so optimistic.

Celtic, Olypiacos and Schalke dont sound like problems, but I would pick Scots or Germans rather then trip to Greece.

Lyon might play nice football, and have talented team but once again our big, strong boys should beat them twice.

No Arsenal - thats for sure, in semis-I hope, but not yet

-----------------------------
    Last edited by Cro Nerazzurro; 14 Dec 07 at 19:45.
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

Fav. Player
    CN69

Italy

10 years of FIF
    sevilla? i thought they won their group?
    Juve - ladri colpevolia per sempre
    Una volta un ladro sempre un ladro

Liberta' per gli ultras

No al calcio moderno

Fav. Player
    Wonder if I can

But still, you've placed only 6 teams out of 8 groups (of course we can't play against Fenerbahce).
    Some people were against a female name as my nick. Strange, don't you think?

But no, I did not left only because of it. Don't worry, there is a brand new superhero who will save everyone. I just have mental issues and I am freaking disgusting.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    sorry sorry sorry...
    My mistake...

My head is so far away now..

Fener and Roma are missing 2...so its all good.

My bad
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

Fav. Player
    Stankovic

I would pick Arsenal. If Cesc is missing we will tear them apart. Want to avoid Liverpool - they get so lucky in europe and i can see us loosing on away goals to them. Dont want Celtic but for other reasons!!!
    When you scored you went to celebrate with Mancini. What did you want to do to him?
    "I shook him a bit; I could have hurt him... (smiles). Jokes aside, when you score a goal there are ten seconds in which you forget everything."

Stankovic after milan match

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    Cesc is allready fit...No one knows what will happen in february but dont rely on injurys

Fav. Player
    Guarin,Zanetti

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Cro Nerazzurro View Post
    sorry sorry sorry...
    My mistake...

My head is so far away now..

Fener and Roma are missing 2...so its all good.

My bad
    Katies right, the only possible teams we can face are the ones listed, roma can't be one cuz they are an italian side, and fener can't be against us since they were in our group. Leaving 6 possible teams to play

I would like schalke, olymp, or lyon (we can beat).
    Only One Inter

I'm so high I can eat a Star

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

Cletic and Olympiakos are by far the easiest of opponents. Shalke may be able to cause us some troubles. I really wanna avoid Lyon and Liverpool, not that I am afraid of them, but I would like a safer passage way to the quarters, and then start dumping out the big guns.

Also for the math geeks here, our chances of getting Arsenal and Liverpool are more than the rest. Arsenal and Liverpool both each have a 1/5 probability that they will get us, while Lyon, Shalke, Celtic and Olympiakos have 1/7 prob. that they will get us.
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Olympiakos.

I think the most difficult months in the Serie A will be Feb and March and trust me I want to beat Jube and BBilan more than winning the CL. Even if we win the CL the media will still find faults with us, I dont mind winning a few Scudetti now and keep the CL for later.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Always in Europe try to avoid a team that defends the whole game.

So Liverpool would be the worst choice for a team like us (Valencia and Villareal are some examples). I wouldn't mind Arsenal, while Lyon are having the worst CL season in years.
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Fav. Player
    J.Z, Matrix, De

Romania

any of the teams except arsenal..it's cristal clear that arsenal is playing great atm and way better than the others.
    olympiakos and celtic would be the easiest imo while shalke and lyon are acceptable...
    i always like liverpool from all english clubs and i somehow would like to play them....i think we played them only once in CL in the 65 semifinal when we won the competition...did he play them some other time after that?

edit : but deep inside me i want to play arsenal and kick their f**** ass...i still can't get out of my mind their 5-1win at the Meazza
    ONLY & 4EVER FORZA INTER !!!

Meglio Vivere un Giorno da Leone che Cento Anni da Pecora

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

Liverpool and Arsenal are to be avoided.

Liverpool, why? Cause they have such great experience when it comes to the Champions League plus they have the Benitez factor.

Arsenal cause they play quick, one touch football and we have problems to that sort of play considering our brick Midfield which is minus Vieira now.
    Spoiler: text 

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    I d love to get Schalke fore two simple reasons: We would not have any big problems to get through the round and i would get to see the match live on tv and would nt have to care about them streams
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    I d love to get Schalke fore two simple reasons: We would not have any big problems to get through the round
    Same was said about Villareal .
    Spoiler: text 

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

I want Celtic or Olympiakos. I just pick those thinking it will be easier to face other opponents. Arsenal and Liverpool should be avoided because Arsenal is doing very well this year in PL and Liverpool have great CL experience.

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Just saw Lpool against ManU and they were atrocious....I wonder how this team can win anything...just got to take Gerrard out and not let him shoot every 2 mins...and then defend long balls when Crouch comes on
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    Just saw Lpool against ManU and they were atrocious....I wonder how this team can win anything...just got to take Gerrard out and not let him shoot every 2 mins...and then defend long balls when Crouch comes on
    I would still like to avoid them because

1) they have Gerrard
    2) they have luck

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Liverpool are amazing in Europe, regardless of shite they are domestically. They out-scored their last three CL opponents, 16-1 for fukc sakes! And while I'd love to have revenge against the Gooners (despise this team), I'd rather not draw them right away.

All other possible opponents, except maybe Lyon, are more or less on the same level. Ideally, I'd take either Schalke or Olympiakos as I think we'd have the least trouble with those teams. But hey, this is Inter so who the hell knows?

Fav. Player
    DEJAN DEKI STAN

Quote Originally Posted by BrAD View Post
    Ideally, I'd take either Schalke or Olympiakos as I think we'd have the least trouble with those teams. But hey, this is Inter so who the hell knows?
    Bradske...I agree with Schalke as a suitable opponent but i would hate to get Olympiakos..not because of their gameplay or players rather the atmosphere of an Olympiakos match..especially their first beyond the group stage in the CL

Olympiakos Ultras make Fenerbahce fans look like amateurs...remember how our players shit themselves against the Turks atmosphere...multiply that by 100 when we play in Athens...IMO the best fans in the world after ours
    "And this one time, at band camp, I stuck a flute in my pussy",