Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Luka Modrić

Fav. Player
    INTER 2009/10 !

Croatia

Luka Modrić

Today, at 15.00 Dinamo Zagreb will announce where will Luka Modrić, the best Croatian player, continue his career..

Dinamo was negotiating with Chelsea, Tottenham, Man. City, Arsenal, Newcastle and Barcelona, amd the deal was made with one of these clubs..

Lucky winner will have to cash out at least 25 M €....

There were also mention of Atletico Madrid, Valencia, Werder, HSV and Bayern, but the price was too high for them.. (or they wanted him in July)

Anyway, beetween my sadness that Luka is leaving Dinamo, and happiness for him because he is such a modest and polite young lad and he deserved this transfer more than anyone, I'm even more pleased for ALL OF YOU who will finally have a chance to watch him in great league and great club, and then say - "Dammit, why didn't Inter buy him!?"

I will post the final announcment after 15.00 o'clock.. So long...
    Thank you JOSE MOURINHO, the Special One!!

Michael Schumacher - #KeepFightingMichael -

Romania

Quote Originally Posted by kova9 View Post
    I'm even more pleased for ALL OF YOU who will finally have a chance to watch him in great league and great club, and then say - "Dammit, why didn't Inter buy him!?"
    Because we don't invest 25 mil. in a young talent, simple as that. My guess is that Chelsea bought him.
    Ooooooh, forza Inter, non mollare, vincerai! / E quando dalla Curva questo coro sentirai /
    Internazionale non ti lasceremo mai!

Fav. Player
    Cruz, Maicon

United States

we just hit -200m Euro and Moratti wrote a 100m check to pay for the debt. As much as I love new talented players, I don't see us buying anyone over 15m, especially when many players will come back in a month or two.

Fav. Player
    Wonder if I can

I think it will be FC Barcelona. He would suit their squad and then chel$hit should lure Ronaldinho. EPL is not the best choice for young Croat especially when a player like Niko Kranjčar disappeared there.
    Some people were against a female name as my nick. Strange, don't you think?

But no, I did not left only because of it. Don't worry, there is a brand new superhero who will save everyone. I just have mental issues and I am freaking disgusting.

Fav. Player
    DEJAN DEKI STAN

time will be on his side ..he is young and will make any other club in the future pay twice as much for him...including Moratti

even though he will make an immidiate impact just wait for him for the Euro 08 ...Good Luck Luka....he will shine like his name suggests
    Luka in Latin means light ..i believe
    "And this one time, at band camp, I stuck a flute in my pussy",

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Michal View Post
    EPL is not the best choice for young Croat especially when a player like Niko Kranjčar disappeared there.
    How do you mean disapere?

He was on rotation first year but in this year he's standard and one of the best players of Portsmouth. He was in best 11(of the week) couple of times and I belive he have future in England.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Fav. Player
    INTER 2009/10 !

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by Hasan View Post
    How do you mean disapere?

He was on rotation first year but in this year he's standard and one of the best players of Portsmouth. He was in best 11(of the week) couple of times and I belive he have future in England.
    Thats right.. He didn't disappear at all.. He is becoming indespensible for Porsmouth, and Redknap said that he cannot imagine his team without his creativity anymore..

I predict he will soon go to a much better club that Portsmouth..
    Last edited by kova9; 29 Dec 07 at 15:38.

Fav. Player
    Wonder if I can

It would surely be better for him to find better team that will compete with another European teams (CL or UEFA Cup).

Any info about Luka?
    Some people were against a female name as my nick. Strange, don't you think?

But no, I did not left only because of it. Don't worry, there is a brand new superhero who will save everyone. I just have mental issues and I am freaking disgusting.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    Modrić is staying at Dinamo to help them to get in Europe next year.
    Thats a big step for Dinamo, but not for Luka.

He is brillant player, brillant man, and deserves to play at big club at this time, and this will just ruin the chance.
    He is young, and will get to big club next year, but time for that is NOW.

About Kranjčar, he is doing great at Pompey, so no need to argue about him + Modrić is betetr player.
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

Fav. Player
    INTER 2009/10 !

Croatia

I'm sorry to disappoint you all, but Luka Modrić is staying at Dinamo until the summer of 2009...

The announcment was made today on official press conference, by Zdravko Mamić, executive president and alfa&omega of Dinamo... He said that they have rejected offers from every english club, which were more than 50 m € including price and players salary..
    Barcelona on the other hand, wanted more time, because they have to resolve Ronaldinho situation first..

Mamic said that Modrić will have new paycheck of 3 m € per year, and his own psyhotherapist.. Another reason for this decision is that Dinamo wants spring in Europe, and Modrić will have another shot to take Dinamo there as a captain..

I want to thank Luka for being such a great human above an outstanding football player, and this just shows that there are still these few players in the world that love their club more than money and fame..

And of course, now Moratti and Inter have more time to see him, and realize that even 50 m € wouldn't be too much for this player..

P.S. And one more thing.. I read that a lot of you think that there is no sense of paying over 15 m € for a "young talented player"... He is young and talented, but he isn't one of those who still have to prove their potential.. He already is a proven player, leader of Dinamo in Uefa Cup this season, and leader of Croatian NT who beat England, twice...
    If he was transfered to Chelsea for example, he wouldn't be a bench warmer and waiting for his chance.. They wanted to sign him as a playmaker no. 1, just like everybody else...

Fav. Player
    INTER 2009/10 !

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by Cro Nerazzurro View Post
    Thats a big step for Dinamo, but not for Luka.

He is brillant player, brillant man, and deserves to play at big club at this time, and this will just ruin the chance.
    He is young, and will get to big club next year, but time for that is NOW.
    He is 22.. another year and a half won't ruin his chance for a big transfer.. He will even have more and bigger offers after Euro 08...

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by VLE View Post
    we just hit -200m Euro and Moratti wrote a 100m check to pay for the debt. As much as I love new talented players, I don't see us buying anyone over 15m, especially when many players will come back in a month or two.
    Where did you learn that? -200m is a big-big deficit.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Fav. Player
    Cruz, Maicon

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Suneet View Post
    Where did you learn that? -200m is a big-big deficit.
    http://translate.google.com/translat...ti-seriea.html

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    Yes he is 22, and he is great, but its time to move on.
    He cant guarantee Dinamo getting into CL, but no-one, read again NO-ONE, will offer more money then they had offered for him now.
    Its Croatian league and you cant expect him to be sold for 50millions. Mamić is stupid, and you know that, so he is probably talking about millions of kunas, or he once again counted tranfer+wages Modrić would earn in 4 years.

+ do you really think Modrić would go out and say he still wants to go, after Mamić told him he wont be sold?

Yes, he is a great lad, but his contract at dinamo alsts to 2015, he is Dinamo captain, and if he said he still wants to leave you know how our ppl woul react.

He said he wants to move on, but there is nothing in his power if Dinamo doesnt want to sell him.

he deserved to be sold.

And I dislike Dinamo, and hope they wont make CL again, now everyone will attack me, but its normal, cause I dont like Dinamo and idiot Mamić.

Modrić cant raise his price whatever he does, more then 4-5 millions. But playing in this league he can go downhill-not cause of his fault-and might end up in clubs like N'castle, or A.Madrid.Which are very good clubs.
    And now, if he was sold it could be Arsenal, Chelsea or Barcelona too.
    That doesnt happen every day....And those clubs dont need Modrić every day too...
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

Fav. Player
    INTER 2009/10 !

Croatia

Mamic may be an idiot, but Dinamo would never last and get financial stability they have today if there wasn't for him, and you know that..

And Modrić never said he still wants to leave, he said that he wants to go, but only if offer satisfies him and Dinamo..(which obviously isn't the case)...
    So, if he really, really wanted to go, Mamic would have to let him go.. Just like Moratti couldn't reject Ronaldo sale, as much as he wanted to..

Yes, 50 m € probably includes his wages too, but after Euro 08, they will have no problem to sell him for at least 25, 30 m €...

And Dinamo's objective isn't getting in CL, but surviving a winter in Europe (read Uefa Cup)...

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by kova9 View Post
    And of course, now Moratti and Inter have more time to see him, and realize that even 50 m € wouldn't be too much for this player..

P.S. And one more thing.. I read that a lot of you think that there is no sense of paying over 15 m € for a "young talented player"... He is young and talented, but he isn't one of those who still have to prove their potential.. He already is a proven player, leader of Dinamo in Uefa Cup this season, and leader of Croatian NT who beat England, twice...
    If he was transfered to Chelsea for example, he wouldn't be a bench warmer and waiting for his chance.. They wanted to sign him as a playmaker no. 1, just like everybody else...
    No chanse that he's worth 50 milions. He's good player but...

For me he's more Nedved type of player, he don't have that stamina but he have better creativity and he can play CM. I have read that he's Cratian Maradona and that's really too much.

Also Mamic said that Dinamo will count time before Luka and after Luka because he's so big. He forgeting much much better players from Luka who played for Dinamo like Boban, Suker, Zajec, Prosinecki etc.

It's time for young lad to prove himself in great team and Dinamo isn't great team, Kova said that he was leader of Dinamo in this season and that's not big deal because Dinamo failed to win in group stages of UEFA cup so...

I just wonder what will happen if young lad get injured in Koprivnica, Vinkovci or some other vilage because he don't deserve that, he worked hard for great stadiums like Stanford Brige, Camp Nou or San Siro and it's a shame that one Mamic forcing him to play on meadovs.

That's torture.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Few weeks back I read that "Bad Blue boys" run into the football pitch and wanted to kill Dinamo's players.. Their words were: "Mi talkamo niz Evropu za vama, a vi igrate ko picke", and to Modric epecially they have said he ain't star yet...

Is this true?? I know bad blue boys are sivh, but I never thought they were that sick...
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    I don't know for Modric(maybe he wasn't there). How I hear only player they didn't atack was goalkeeper Koch.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    So it is true... Damn, i lost a bet... A friend of mine told me that, I told him there is no chance that is gonna happen...
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    BBB got onto training. They just wanted to say to players they are not trying hard enough. That club is all they have, and must fight for, not go out, party and pick up models.
    There was only one player they didint attack, ofcourse Modrić. And goalkeeper Koch too.

And Kova, Mamić had 20mil euro offer right now, and his price, even with brillant Euro wont go over 25mill, but if Croatia fails, or Dinamo, his price could go down a lot.
    It was time to move on cause big clubs wanted him and in a year or 2, when they decide to sell him big clubs might not need him.
    He said he wants to leave, but after mamić decided to keep him it would be stupid, unprofessional and wrong move to fans and club to say he still wants to leave.
    But be 100% sure he would still like to move, althought he cant say it loud.