Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 131

Thread: A change in the management team

  1. #1
    Handoyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    24,680
    Thanked
    5,705 times

    Indonesia

    32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member

    A change in the management team

    Guys,

    We wish to inform you that there have been some major changes in the management team. There was a conflict between some of the admins/mods and as a result, Katiey, Michal and Tim have resigned from their respective positions. This is a very sad news, because the 3 of them are very important members of the forum, especially Tim, since he was one of the founder and he has been my dear friend for 6 years.

    This announcement is a long one, but I hope that you will take your time to read it wholly with an open mind and an open heart as this is one of the most important announcement in the forum throughout its history.


    The future
    So what does the future hold for Forza Inter? Right now, I can assure you that the forum will not die. Enricos has been handling technical stuff of the forum over the past couple of years and he knows his stuff. Jimmy, who resigned a month ago, has agreed to come back in these times of dire need. As for me, I realized that I've been distracted away from the forum over the past few months but I will put my best effort to ensure that this place will continue on without them.

    I am also hopeful that the rest of the management team; Hamed, Ashkan (J zanetti), Marcello, Edlaut, Keir, Pravesh and Ziyad, will stay on and help us get through this storm. We will try to get in fresh blood into the team too.

    And finally, I feel that we should be as transparent and clear as possible when it comes to something as big as this. I am sure that you guys would like to know what happened that caused the exodus. The conflict happened when I was away. I'm not trying to take the blame or responsibility here, please just read and understand the next following paragraphs. I promise I will try to be as neutral as possible in this matter.


    The conflict between Erik and the ‘Power Rangers’
    As you know, the 'Power Rangers' were responsible for one of the biggest pranks in FI's history. They were changing usernames, avatars and signatures of some of the members here. From what I gathered from them, they were trying to liven up the atmosphere of the forum. I must admit that it was a good idea and they really got me, even though I'm not exactly pleased because I was clueless and was unable to post for a few days (I really thought there was a virus).

    Then, things started to go downhill. Tim took Erik’s administrator access. Erik tried to get back at Tim, and Erik changed the FTP password so Tim would not be able to access and so Tim would freak out. Erik assured me that it was not a punishment but just a prank, a way to get back at them in a fun way. It was going to be something temporary, not permanent.

    I believe Erik, because changing the FTP password permanently would not only sabotage Tim but also me, and the rest of the forum. There clearly is no reason for Erik to do that. Tim clearly did not see this as a joke and was offended. He personally told me that he feels he's undermined, since he created this forum and something is taken from him.

    Next, once I figured out how to post again, I posted in the admin forum that all the stunts should stop because it is clear that it only results in misunderstandings and confusions. Just take a look at this thread. As far as I know, Frisko also did not take it too well either, as Katiey made some post as Frisko and Frisko felt that it offended him and his fiancee. Erik then changed back the all the affected usernames to the original ones.

    Michal, who had his username changed to Kajsa, also had his username changed back to Michal. In reality, the change was a voluntary one. I don't want to be biased so I'll just copy and paste what the exchanges here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Michal
    OK, it seems it has been you Enricos. Can you remind me when the f.ck I asked you for that? Who gave you a right to touch my nick? Just for your information, Kajsa Margareta Bergqvist is my favorite sportsperson (if you haven't noticed it) and this is the Olympic year, so I wanted to dedicate my nick to her. Anything wrong with that? I don't think so.

    Anyway, I am leaving this forum in peace, so now our brand new superhero can do whatever he wants with my account (I am not leaving only because of him of course ).

    Have a fun and keep this sinking ship above sea level, I was trying to do my best but in my final year of first degree studies I simply have no more time and energy for this forum.

    Michal
    Quote Originally Posted by Enricos
    lol, I'm a brand new hero because I put your account back to normal?

    I never knew you were this type of person Michal...

    You freaking disgust me

    You guys are incredible, just come out and say you want to start a new forum, instead of trying to put the blame on other people...

    You paid for it yesterday, so how were you gonna reconsider?

    Freaking kids...

    PS: Don't know if you can read, but I put this in the moderator forum

    And about Michal and his username:

    Michal, I reset all the usernames that were changed by Tim (bar Shaz, because Im not sure how to write it, I asked him), and if you requested to keep yours, I apologise, but I could hardly know that any of the "victims" wanted to post under a different name. You can hardly blame me for assuming you did not want to post with a female's username...
    Quote Originally Posted by Miki
    Yeah, I guess I messed up with the prank. I thought I could inject some fun into the forums, but it obviously backfired. I'm glad some posters were fine with it, though.

    Still, this forum doesn't feel right for me anymore. There are many reasons, and they aren't related to Erik alone. I apologized to Erik for blasting out at him, and I'm apologizing to Han & Jimmy for the trouble I caused.

    Ciao,
    Tim
    I made some posts in between those posts to make sure everything doesn’t spiraled out of control but I guess it was too little too late. So that was the exchanges between Erik and Michal, one of the member of the ‘Power Rangers’ Katie, Michal and Tim. Katie told me that she felt Erik was wrong in lashing out at Michal like that and that she didn’t see it as the correct thing to do.

    With regards to Katie, Tim also tried to vouch for her as a new administrator and we rejected the idea because there are sufficient administrators in the forum and we do not want the management team to turn into some kind of clique, where the members of that team consist only of our close friends. You guys can decide whether this was one of the reason of the exodus or not.


    Tim’s decision
    I think it goes without saying that Tim would be the leader or at least the representative of the group. I called him this afternoon to try and reason with him and he said that the problem was just not Erik, that it was a long story. But there was also something very important that he said:

    “As long as Erik is an administrator, we are not visiting the forum anymore.” Now, I am not choosing any sides or choosing Erik over the ‘Power Rangers,’ but the forum should NEVER be held hostage to anything. Over the past couple of years, Erik has been doing as much technical stuff as Tim has and there is no reason why should we fire him as an admin.

    Tim also mentioned that he didn’t feel as one of the owners of the forum anymore, that my opinions carry too heavy of weights in any decision we make. He said that the forum is Handocratic. I would like to assure you that I have tried as best as I can to be as democratic as possible. I will post some links to prove that we always try to get everyone’s opinion and did many polls should there be two conflicting sides. So, unless I can vote twice, I have the same say in every manner.

    Link 1 | Link 2 | Link 3 | Link 4 | Link 5

    So in the end, the ‘Power Rangers’ decided to resigned from the management team, left the forum and created one of their own. Please do keep in mind that this forum did not choose Erik over the ‘Power Rangers.’ We just felt that it is wrong to be threatening the forum and we should not give in to such unreasonable demand.


    The aftermath
    Finally, I would like to say that the forum has definitely suffered a big loss. But this forum has weathered through many huge storms in the past. Problematic servers, lost database, MySQL problems, financial issues and finally, a move to a free server; we went through all of this sh!ts and still remain as the best English-speaking Inter forum in the web.

    I pointed to Tim in our last chat that what I see what he’s doing is similar to abandoning Inter and supporting another team. Tim replied that I was wrong, because Inter is a football team whereas a forum is about the people and the members inside it. Tim was right, the focal point of the forum is not me, Jimmy or the management team; the forum’s identity and flag bearers are its members. We would like to ask the members to remain loyal to this forum and to help us get through another storm. You have helped us in the past and we are here humbly asking for your help again. In return, you have our promise that we will put in our best effort to get through another storm as smoothly, safely and quickly as possible.

    Thank you for spending your time to read this post.

  2. #2
    Suneet's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Sep 06
    Posts
    16,285
    Thanked
    2,060 times
    Fav. Player
    # 3

    India

    Forum Supporter
    All I will do is tell our power rangers that we will miss them, not just in the technical part but just as the people they were. I dont know any of them personally, but I know that they were great posters and nice people and we all shared a great passion.

    I just hope that everyone of them just forgets everything and comes back to FI, because we are a family in here and without them we will be incomplete.
    I'm sure any of us will do ANYTHING to get you people back.


    Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.




  3. #3
    Durai's Avatar
    Join Date
    31 Mar 06
    Posts
    2,243
    Thanked
    6 times
    Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,



    whats going on?

    seems very silly

    why cant u bury the hatchet like me and frisko

  4. #4
    Adriano@10's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 May 04
    Posts
    4,669
    Thanked
    2,044 times
    Fav. Player
    Oba



    24 10 years of FIF
    Well what can i say, how i understood it this shit was all caused by a huge miss understanding and it s very sad that the forum loses people like michal katie and Tim.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

  5. #5
    Durai's Avatar
    Join Date
    31 Mar 06
    Posts
    2,243
    Thanked
    6 times
    Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,



    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    Well what can i say, how i understood it this shit was all caused by a huge miss understanding and it s very sad that the forum loses people like michal katie and Tim.
    i know over silly prank like changing names etc.

    kiddies playground shit.

  6. #6
    Gaetan's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Jul 04
    Posts
    3,512
    Thanked
    105 times

    Haiti

    10 years of FIF
    This is no good. I do not have the time to be on FI as much as I used to, but I know many of us are good friends on MSN, Facebook and genuinely care for each other. Lately, I come here to many strangers and things have indeed changed, but this still remains our home because a lot of us have been here since day one and remember each others from past forums like Xtratime.

    Honestly, I do not care what happen. I wish everyone the best and that all can be resolved, but this isn't a life or death sittuation. Whoever is a good friend of mine (ie; Hamed, Tim, Katie) will remain. Whoever isn't so close to me, will continue to keep distance.

    Many times before Tim has remained loyal to me, and I plan to do the same. He is my best friend on this forum, and I hope things can be resolved, but if it cannot, I will follow him.

    We are a family, and it's a shame if we break up over this. I am asking you guys to all please re-consider all this, swallow your pride and forget about it all.
    Nulla č impossibile per questa Inter

  7. #7
    Stefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    21,868
    Thanked
    2,176 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    South Africa

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    It's sad that some of our long time friends have left. Hopefully with time they reconsider and come back.

    BTW. Handoyo if you guys need help with anything with the forum I am totally willing to help out with the current crisis.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com


  8. #8
    Durai's Avatar
    Join Date
    31 Mar 06
    Posts
    2,243
    Thanked
    6 times
    Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,



    Me Too Handoyo.......im Always Ready For Action

  9. #9
    Hasan's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Jul 05
    Posts
    6,174
    Thanked
    2,395 times
    Fav. Player
    4 & 10

    Bosnia Herzegovina

    35 10 years of FIF
    I can't believe that some leaders are so childish, if you're friends you can't react on joke, prank or misunderstandings like that.

    How I understand Tim make a prank with everyone and when Erik tried to do that with him he pissed off and acted like untouchable quin than also Erik tried to help Michal but help wasn't needed and than Michelle could change his nick-name and stuff would be fixed but he acted like untouchable quin too. I don't know about Katie but I hope that she actually have a reason to leave.

    I don't wanna say that Tim, Michal and Katie won't be missed but this is really stupid reason to leave, childish misunderstanding. I hope that forum will go on and that they can resolve this problems because it will be big blow to lose leader Tim, great Katie and hard-worker Michal.

    I won't follow them because this is my inter-net home and I know if they fell the same that they will be back.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

    Parma team manager Sandro Melli

  10. #10
    Miki's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Mar 04
    Posts
    4,627
    Thanked
    21 times
    Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

    Singapore

    This is unbelievable. So now we're the bad guys? That's low, Han.. real low.

    1) I did not change anybody's administrator permissions. I don't know how Han & Erik lost theirs, but I didn't even touch Erik's account. I told Erik this.
    2) It was a group decision to leave. I'm not any ring leader; we all had an equal say in the decision.
    3) Your post is the reason why I'm convinced we had to create our own place. Go play victim all you want, Han.

    Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

  11. #11
    Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Jun 05
    Posts
    4,811
    Thanked
    623 times
    Fav. Player
    CN69

    Italy

    10 years of FIF
    umm.. thanks for your side there han, I disagree with a fair bit of this to be honest.

    Anyway guys i'll still be around when I feel like it, just for reasons I don't feel right to post on this website, I don't wish to be a moderator, ok?

    and the power ranger thing has been blown out of proportion, totally. It wasn't in any way serious.

    And hopefully, I won't grow apart from any of my friends on this forum as you've all been class over the last 2 years.

    Thanks for listening to what i've had to say here also and maybe keeping an open mind
    Juve - ladri colpevolia per sempre
    Una volta un ladro sempre un ladro

    Liberta' per gli ultras

    No al calcio moderno


  12. #12
    Michal's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Feb 06
    Posts
    3,203
    Thanked
    5 times
    Fav. Player
    Wonder if I can



    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    Then, things started to go downhill. Tim took Erik’s administrator access. Erik tried to get back at Tim, and Erik changed the FTP password so Tim would not be able to access and so Tim would freak out. Erik assured me that it was not a punishment but just a prank, a way to get back at them in a fun way. It was going to be something temporary, not permanent.
    From my MSN conversation with brand new superhero...

    goddamnit
    3. 1. 2008 15:03:08 *Mol* If you never try then you'll never know Michal stupid tim
    3. 1. 2008 15:03:14 *Mol* If you never try then you'll never know Michal he's removed all of the admin rights
    3. 1. 2008 15:03:20 *Mol* If you never try then you'll never know Michal thank god I know some
    3. 1. 2008 15:03:21 *Mol* If you never try then you'll never know Michal SQL
    I found a way

    3. 1. 2008 15:03:51 *Mol* If you never try then you'll never know Michal I injected some SQL in the database
    3. 1. 2008 15:03:53 *Mol* If you never try then you'll never know Michal that restored my powers
    3. 1. 2008 15:03:58 *Mol* If you never try then you'll never know Michal and now Im gonna remove Tim's rights
    3. 1. 2008 15:04:06 *Mol* If you never try then you'll never know Michal but the forum's gone down :S
    3. 1. 2008 15:04:45 *Mol* If you never try then you'll never know Michal yeah but Im sick and tired of these pranks
    3. 1. 2008 15:14:07 *Mol* If you never try then you'll never know Michal well Tim is theoraticaly an admin
    3. 1. 2008 15:14:10 *Mol* If you never try then you'll never know Michal but he doesn't have any powers
    3. 1. 2008 15:14:17 *Mol* If you never try then you'll never know Michal just like what he did to us


    Erik has never mentioned it is a prank or something like that. Not going to bother with posting our whole conversation.

    Seriously, I have better things to do, not just to bother with this *announcement*. Practically, we are 3 bad monsters and that's how this *announcement* tries to describe us. Anyway, somebody forgot to mention that Tim's prank achieved reviving of this dead forum. Anyway, can you ask for example Katie or INTER (both account were messed) whether they liked it or not? Ah, I forgot, Katie is one of bad people...

    Anyway, all this circus confirms it is a right time to leave this forum. Have a nice time here and don't forget, you will always find me on MSN or ICQ (or our new forum).

    Adieu...
    Last edited by Jimmy; 05 Jan 08 at 22:33.
    Some people were against a female name as my nick. Strange, don't you think?

    But no, I did not left only because of it. Don't worry, there is a brand new superhero who will save everyone. I just have mental issues and I am freaking disgusting.

  13. #13
    Shaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    13,950
    Thanked
    17,832 times
    Fav. Player
    Kovacic

    Macau

    57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster
    This is rather sad. I hope things can be sorted out.
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

  14. #14
    Michal's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Feb 06
    Posts
    3,203
    Thanked
    5 times
    Fav. Player
    Wonder if I can



    Thank you for editing my post Jimmy. This is how this forum works...
    Some people were against a female name as my nick. Strange, don't you think?

    But no, I did not left only because of it. Don't worry, there is a brand new superhero who will save everyone. I just have mental issues and I am freaking disgusting.

  15. #15
    Durai's Avatar
    Join Date
    31 Mar 06
    Posts
    2,243
    Thanked
    6 times
    Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,



    and to think the mods banished me for over a year just for posting a bit too much.............now look at how they behave..........btw folks at xtratime forza inter forums is a joke.






    .

  16. #16
    shahz_nerazzurri's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 May 05
    Posts
    5,766
    Thanked
    23 times
    Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti



    Talk about drama. Screw Desperate Housewives, that read was so much more interesting.
    I call dibs on being an administrator instead of Tim.
    Also Michal you cant leave, who is gonna hook me up with Monika this summer?
    And KT, you were the only chick in this sausage fest that we have over here?? All dic*ks and no chicks makes this forum a sad place.

    Another forum? May I just say that my loyalty is totally up for sale right now. Both the parties can state what they are willing to offer me. Admin positions, mod positions, bribing with cash (payable through paypal) etc etc.


    On a serious note, I dont know why some of you are so offended by Timmi's prank? I didnt find it funny (mainly because my level of humour is a touch above most of you), but it was a harmless prank, just for fun. As my good friend Eric Cartman would say those of you who were offended by Timmi's prank, need to get sand out of your vag*ina.
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

  17. #17
    Michal's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Feb 06
    Posts
    3,203
    Thanked
    5 times
    Fav. Player
    Wonder if I can



    I will miss you shahz.
    Some people were against a female name as my nick. Strange, don't you think?

    But no, I did not left only because of it. Don't worry, there is a brand new superhero who will save everyone. I just have mental issues and I am freaking disgusting.

  18. #18
    Enricos's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Aug 04
    Posts
    2,368
    Thanked
    29 times
    Fav. Player
    Cordoba

    Belgium

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I have only one thing to say on this whole issue (Han said all there is to say).

    The domain name of this new forum was registrated a day BEFORE I made any moves / pranks, so I fail to see how this is all my fault...
    Due to the changes in the management team, we had to adopt a new domain name !

    www.forzainterforums.com

  19. #19
    Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Jun 05
    Posts
    4,811
    Thanked
    623 times
    Fav. Player
    CN69

    Italy

    10 years of FIF
    it was? well then if so i knew nothing about this!

    how could it have been when it was me who suggested the name for it and it wasn't until thursday? night that this was done..

    if you're now trying to tell us that the mind reading powers you used to tell me you knew we'd done this weeks ago have stretched to tim.. ok

    I'm trying to stay 'reasonable' about this, but please dont insult my intelligence by suggesting this.

    Sorry but this is hilarious, you're suggesting that the domain knew we were going to pick it from a shortlist we made AFTER you made the pranks, so it pre-registered itself for us..

    Okay

    my aim/preference was to still visit this forum as a member, i wanted out of the mod team and no more or less.. but if there are going to be lies made up by somebody who clearly knows niente about the situation then it's probably best i keep away altogether.. which is a shame really
    Juve - ladri colpevolia per sempre
    Una volta un ladro sempre un ladro

    Liberta' per gli ultras

    No al calcio moderno


  20. #20
    Enricos's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Aug 04
    Posts
    2,368
    Thanked
    29 times
    Fav. Player
    Cordoba

    Belgium

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Hmm, I guess the whois database also screwed up, since it clearly indicates the domain was registered the 3d of January (which is about 3 days ago) , while I only started any "pranking" on the 4th of January. And you obviously only found the name the evening of the 4th of january



    The black stuff I blurred out is Tim's personal stuff, which I won't show here out of respect...

    Anyhow, I welcome you guys to keep on posting here, but don't be like this... You wanted a new forum, fine, you got it, but please don't put the blame on me, or anyone else.
    Due to the changes in the management team, we had to adopt a new domain name !

    www.forzainterforums.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •