Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Inter - Basel [ Scores inside ]

Jimmy

Inter - Basel [ Scores inside ]

Inter have the advantage through a draw and an away goal from the first leg. Basel has to score to be able to kick Inter out of the CL before it has even started. Inter has had two more weeks in order to prepare for the game, and has impressed against AEK Athens which is a respectable opponent.

Probable Line-up

First leg: 1-1
    Scorer: Adriano

2nd leg curiosa:

• Mihajlovic is suspended
    • Christian Vieri and Fabio Cannavaro will most likely not make it for this game.
    • Edgar Davids might have the chance to play as a starter.
    • Many players will make San Siro debut in front of a real crowd.
    • Inter have a history of making us bite our nails, with previous matches against Sporting and Helsingborg.

FORZA INTER!!!!!

Fav. Player
    Deki, Samuel

10 years of FIF
    I would definitly play Davids from 1 minute in this game.

It's strange that Vieri is in full traning but still he doesn't play in any friendlys
    H. Cuper - Uno Di Noi Per Sempre !
    John Frusciante -

Jimmy's line up is spot on except I think Davids will probably start.
    Lo Scudetto will return.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Kinda agree with Jimmy's line up, except Davids's inclusion, which he's stated as well.

------------------------- toldo --------------------------

j.zanetti ---- cordoba --------- materazzi ---- favalli

ze maria ----- veron ----------- davids ---- stankovic

---------------- adriano ------ recoba -----------------

SUBS:
    Emre, Karagounis, Cambiasso, fontana, coco, ventola, .....

We might get hint of Cruz and V.Meyde's Inter future from this match.
    And well, I guess Mihajlovic will be called in the squad, to reduce his suspension.

I want this if possible:

Toldo

J. Zanetti - Cordoba - Materazzi - Favalli

Ze Maria -Veron - Davids - Stankovic

Adriano - Recoba

Pravesh was a little faster.
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

toldo

j. zanetti---cordoba---materazzi---favalli

ze maria---emre---veron---stankovic
    (emre) (davids)
    adriano---recoba
    Forza Inter

Quote Originally Posted by mMontenegro
    toldo

j. zanetti---cordoba---materazzi---favalli

ze maria---emre---veron---stankovic
    (emre) (davids)
    adriano---recoba
    what Emre and Veron on the CM...no way to risky..where are the DM.
    as Gismo said it should be Davids

Well i think that we will definetly know wich players will stay with us after this game (Cannavaro, Cruz, Van Der Meyde, or even Coco). As for the formation this is my opinion:

------------------------TOLDO----------------------------

J.Zanetti----Cordoba--------Materazzi----Favalli------

Ze Maria----Veron---------Davids--------Stankovic

------------------Adriano----Martins(Recoba)---------
    Io ho il coure Neroazzurro.

Fav. Player
    Giacinto Facche

Jimmy's line-up seems quite reasonable, can't understand the Davids fascination though
    "There's another flare smoking in the box now...This referee is a clown" - Eurosport
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBacchus
    You know each year we say "Dream Attack" and then that becomes "Bad Attack".

Yes i dos..

But you know how Davids is..He will defently demand to be among the starting 11.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Quote Originally Posted by Pravesh

SUBS:
    Emre, Karagounis, Cambiasso, fontana, coco, ventola, .....

We might get hint of Cruz and V.Meyde's Inter future from this match.
    And well, I guess Mihajlovic will be called in the squad, to reduce his suspension.
    As much as i wanted it to be true but there is no Coco in Cl squad Prav
    Hernán Crespo, Internazionale, after UEFA Champions League game, replying on a question about Ibrahimovic(Sept 26, 2002):

"He is one of the best forwards I have met this year. In my opinion he can become one of the world's greatest players. He already has enormous qualities."

I ll play with Jimmy's Line-up , but i ll put Davids according to his status and the way he adapts with la brujeta in training , if it works , then ofcourse Davids would be my first choice , However i ll put Emre on the Bench ready to take place anytime instead of Veron so as we can see la Brujeta perform , alsd VDM whom i expect to stay with us would be pressurizing Ze'maria at any moment . I must say also that the idea of playing Ze'maria alongside il Capitano is great and proved to be lethal , so let's say thanx Mancio for the very first great impact on Inter ....
    Campioni D' Italia !!!!!!

"It's an immense emotion" Roberto Mancini after the 15th Scudetto

"we'll win one thing at a time. Everything is special when you win, winning is always nice, especially at a team like Inter." Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Re: Inter - Basel

Did anyone look at today's pics? VDM looks like Doctor Evil. I think he is planning to hide in the trees and then attack Ze Maria while he is chatting with Adriano!!!

I think the line-ups are good and i really expect a show from Recoba. Come one man, pay us back some of the trust we are having on you.

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I really hope VDM can stay with us and fight and turn into a great player...But that pic is worrying i guess,if u read too much into it..
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Oh I can't deci

Is the match going to be broadcasted by RAI or GolTv?
    TI AMO INTER

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    We definitely need to win this match, and qualify for the Champions League. It'll be devastating if we don't. I shall not post my line-up because my preferred line-up is similar to many os those already posted.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Quote Originally Posted by MoH
    Jimmy's line-up seems quite reasonable, can't understand the Davids fascination though
    Did you see the man play? He is all over the field always hunting the player in possesion like a seeker missile!

IMO he is of the best players in the world. And it has amazed me that I have never seen him play better than last season at Barca. I remember I saw him sometimes back in 1998 where I thought he was awsome. But now I believe he is even better.

So if the understanding with Veron is there, which I expect it is by then, why not field him from the start?

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    There are mnay friendlies that will take place today, but I will keep my eye open on Italy's match, not coz of other reasons, but just hoping that nothing wud happen to Materazzi. If Matrix gets injured, then we will be in a big problem.

Fav. Player
    Giacinto Facche

Quote Originally Posted by Gismo
    Quote Originally Posted by MoH
    Did you see the man play? He is all over the field always hunting the player in possesion like a seeker missile!

IMO he is of the best players in the world. And it has amazed me that I have never seen him play better than last season at Barca. I remember I saw him sometimes back in 1998 where I thought he was awsome. But now I believe he is even better.

So if the understanding with Veron is there, which I expect it is by then, why not field him from the start?
    But you see, I have seen him in recent friendly games and he has still to impress me (& I am a hard customer to please ) Did you even watch him this season in an Inter shirt? Anyhow, let’s hope he does turn on the magic like he did in Barcelona
    "There's another flare smoking in the box now...This referee is a clown" - Eurosport
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBacchus
    You know each year we say "Dream Attack" and then that becomes "Bad Attack".

Actually I am watching him as we speak, Friendly vs. Sweden.

He is playing as their DM and doing a good job there as usual. Practically no mistakes and he played a big part in Holland´s equaliser where his superb lob over the defence saw another player make the cross and Van Bommel scored on the rebound. He has played on the level he played on for Barca today.

Today I noticed a new aspect of his game. He is always looking to find openings in the game and often starts attacks. IMO he is all you can ask from a DM.

If he isn´t the best DM/LCM in the world he is at least one of the best. Currently I can´t name anyone who is better than him on that position...

If he can play like he has done so far today (63 min so far) he will definately be a key player for us.

Hence I want him to start from the begining against Basel. We can always sub Cambi in if needed.

Edit: He was a few centimeters from scoring from a feroucious shot from the distance where he place it in the top corner. Just 5 centimeters to the right and he would have scored a pearl from 35 meters.