Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: African Cup 2008

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

African Cup 2008

Great competition to scout talent..bad timing,but not that much for us.

So who are you supporting??

AND

Who do you think will win it ALL??

For those who watch this tournament we are depeding on you to be our scouts
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    Great thread!

I am Ivory coast fan and will support them like I would support Croatia on Euro or WC.
    On last WC I also become well known in town as Ivory fan, with their big flag I got in US.

My bets for winners would go for Ghana who are hosting it, and they have great team also.
    But it's Africa, every team has great determiantion and some great or very good players, so lot's of suprises are going to happen.

I am looking forward to it and will watch every single game, it's like World cup for me, so expect some scout reports from me too

GROUP A
    Ghana
    Morocco
    Guinea
    Namibia

GROUP B
    Nigeria
    Ivory Coast
    Mali
    Benin

GROUP C
    Egypt
    Cameroon
    Zambia
    Sudan

GROUP D
    Tunisia
    Senegal
    South Africa
    Angola
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Would be a great tournament if they actually got their schedule right but hey this is Africa so lets screw up the european football season.

Ghana or Ivory Coast will win it.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    really bad timing, but its not players fault.
    They dont like it either

And now it really has a lot of effect to clubs, and championships.

Most of all in France
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Nigeria
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

I'm rooting for Mali....the longer Diarra stays at African Cup of Nations the better. hehehehee...

It's real bad....I understand that summer is almost impossible to play and September with CL qualifying and everything is not good either, but on the other hand...look at a team like Marseille as an example..they will miss out Taiwo, Niang, Pele Junior, Akale, Kana and Mbami, which is 6 of their starting line-up.
    I really believe that maybe the best idea would be to close all leagues after Christmas, play African Cup of Nations and the clubs should go for training camp or play cup at most and not league. That would be probably best for all..at least the reasonable leagues like Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 etc.

Ghana, Ivory Coast and maybe Mali have the best teams though probably...
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

Big Daddy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghahbe of Turkey
    Wiltord had a better goalratio than Henry for France
    Wiltord 26 goals, 92 games
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    I thought the same but then took my book and saw that temperatures are the same all over the year in Ghana for example, and lots of other African nations too...
    So it makes no difference for them to play it now, or in june.

Lots of players said they want it in June too.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

Ghana maybe, but I guess as an example Egypt or anywhere else in Northern Africa is a different issue.
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

Big Daddy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghahbe of Turkey
    Wiltord had a better goalratio than Henry for France
    Wiltord 26 goals, 92 games
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

The world cup 2010 will be held in June/July there's no reason why they can't move Afcon to the African winter. Most of the countries in Africa are Southern Hemisphere. The heat will not be a problem in 90% of these countries if it's held in June.

And on the other complaint of rain in June that only affects some of the western african countries not the whole continent. They are just being stubborn and refusing to accept facts. Every other continents competition is held June/July why must Africa be different??
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    It all started with Ghana win over Guinee 2-1.

Late great goal from Muntari got that 3 points for Ghana, but I must say Guinee suprised me.
    They run a lot, were great on counter attacks with pacy strikers.
    Its obvious they dont have class and technique, but are great team and I am looking forward to see more from them.

Ghana on the other hand, didnt do very well.
    Their defence is slow and it could be big trouble for them.

If they continue like they did today, I dont see them going far.

Spain

i don't really have a favourite team, maybe ghana or nigeria (cause of martins), but i admit ivory coast should win easy, last year they deserved to win the tournament, they were the best team.
    i want cameroon to get out in the first round espanyol needs kameni back.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Egypt would have had a good chance, but no Shakibala, no Mido and no Barakat.

I really want Morocco to win it, they have a great team but they just can't click. I want them to qualify for the next WC and not Tunisia as usual, a win here would help their confidence.

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

I am so sure, that some EPL clubs are gonna bid for Asamoah Gyan this summer. African players usually work better in EPL anyways. After Muntari Udinese will probably loose their second biggest African star.
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    I am fan of Gyan for some time already, but he didnt have good game yesterday.

Ayew of Ghana, 18 years old kid, son of Ghana legend Pele, has bright future ahead of him.
    Plays for Marseille but even at this young age, he could soon move to club like Arsenal.

I was suprised to see Quincy Owusu Abeyie playing for Ghana. He played for Holald youth teams, was at Arenal, now is in Russia.
    Very very tricky pacy winger, still young, and kep an eye on him.

Bahrain

WHat a game by EGYPT !!!!

They managed to beat Cameroon 4-2. Thrilling game nice goals.

So far the tournament has been goalful

Today another major clash between Tunisia and Senegal..I believe the game will be nice but knowing the two teams (especially Tunisia) we will have tons of missed chances..
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    I missed 2 days of games, but knew Guinee will win against Marocco.
    Sadly, I am too sick, and couldnt make bet on it, which I would definetly do, and odds were nice

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

i would put my money on ghana or ivory coast

rest of the teams other than nigeria and cameroon are pretty avg.

Cameroon got thrashed by us, I have renewed hope as well as 75 million people

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    I doubt Ghana, my money would go on Ivory.
    Egypt did great against cameroon, they could go far

Quote Originally Posted by Hammoudi View Post
    Egypt would have had a good chance, but no Shakibala, no Mido and no Barakat.

I really want Morocco to win it, they have a great team but they just can't click. I want them to qualify for the next WC and not Tunisia as usual, a win here would help their confidence.
    Midfo is injuried bad for him, but still we have adequet replacements in the forms of Zidan, meteeb who seems to score in internationals, and Egypt's Adriano Amr Zaki and Fadl who is a very good young talent goalscorer.

Shika is not so much of a problem because in his place is Trika who could be replaced by Zidan.

Barakat is missed, but tactical changed didn't not make me personally miss him so much in the NT, although when he is there, we play lovely on the flanks