Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111118119120121
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2415

Thread: Italia

  1. #2401
    Bluenine's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Feb 09
    Posts
    8,581
    Thanked
    17,518 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    England

    10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    This year Italy hosts the Euro U21 finals, a tournament Italy has done very well in historically, but have not won for a while. IMO this is the tournament that builds future world champions, so I hope the Azzurrini put their best foot forward and also include the best players from the senior team who are still eligible as well as promote some of the gifted players from junior teams.

    This is the starting XI I would like to see win this championship:

    Kean - Cutrone
    Zaniolo
    Barella - Tonali - Mandragora
    Pezzella - Romagna - Mancini - Calabria
    Meret

    Thats a strong looking team.

  2. Thanks (3): firmino, MVD, thatdude

  3. #2402
    firmino's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 15
    Posts
    9,998
    Thanked
    14,816 times
    Fav. Player
    Miranda

    Italy

    70
    Yeah this team certainly has good potential. I would say that Calabria is the only weak link.

    Pezzella can become a fairly good LB.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel

  4. Thanks (1): MVD

  5. #2403
    Toninu's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Oct 06
    Posts
    11,466
    Thanked
    6,895 times
    Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

    Brazil

    71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    This year Italy hosts the Euro U21 finals, a tournament Italy has done very well in historically, but have not won for a while. IMO this is the tournament that builds future world champions, so I hope the Azzurrini put their best foot forward and also include the best players from the senior team who are still eligible as well as promote some of the gifted players from junior teams.

    This is the starting XI I would like to see win this championship:

    Kean - Cutrone
    Zaniolo
    Barella - Tonali - Mandragora
    Pezzella - Romagna - Mancini - Calabria
    Meret

    Thats a strong looking team.
    At least we can see a change here, before the main criticism with Italy is that players who play for U21 don't get enough professional football.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

    #RIPRENDIRAFINHA

    #SACKBALDY

    #LOSERMENTALITY

  6. Thanks (1): MVD

  7. #2404
    ADRossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jul 10
    Posts
    9,554
    Thanked
    17,821 times

    Netherlands

    94
    I'm curious, how do you guys think a midfield trio of Zaniolo - Verratti - Jorginho would work? Too light weight? Or enough quality to play possession football.

    Was thinking this morning, and as of today my preferred lineup against Finland and Lichtenstein next month would be:

    Insigne - Quagliarella - Chiesa
    Jorginho - Verratti - Zaniolo
    Criscito - Chiellini - Romagnoli - Florenzi

    With Criscito/Biraghi and Zaniolo/Barella my mental toss-ups.

    It seems silly that Quags is the best option at striker right now, but it feels pretty clear to me.

  8. Thanks (1): MVD

  9. #2405
    nerazzurri4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Jul 07
    Posts
    7,361
    Thanked
    10,794 times
    Fav. Player
    Mancini

    Trinidad & Tobago

    45 10 years of FIF
    zaniolo hype is too big. I would play:

    veratti----barella
    -----jorginho----
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

    “There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”


  10. #2406
    Wallace Wallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Jun 05
    Posts
    13,062
    Thanked
    13,633 times
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

    Brazil

    88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    That's an early experimental midfield.

    Once Mancini realizes it's not defensively sound he will go.

    Gagliardini-Jorginho-Vecino
    Wallace

  11. #2407
    Toninu's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Oct 06
    Posts
    11,466
    Thanked
    6,895 times
    Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

    Brazil

    71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Although you don't like Mancio, you have to admit his team choices have been pretty ballsy he's been picking young attacking sides with flair players up front.

    Kinda think it's because he wasn't called up when he was a player.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

    #RIPRENDIRAFINHA

    #SACKBALDY

    #LOSERMENTALITY

  12. #2408
    Materazzi_23's Avatar
    Join Date
    31 Jul 17
    Posts
    466
    Thanked
    608 times
    Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

    Netherlands

    Does anyone know how and if you can get tickets for the European Championship -21 this summer in Italy?

  13. #2409
    nerazzurri4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Jul 07
    Posts
    7,361
    Thanked
    10,794 times
    Fav. Player
    Mancini

    Trinidad & Tobago

    45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    Although you don't like Mancio, you have to admit his team choices have been pretty ballsy he's been picking young attacking sides with flair players up front.

    Kinda think it's because he wasn't called up when he was a player.
    Easy to be ballsy when there's nothing actually on the line (wc qualification, actually in world cup/euro cup elimination etc).

    Also, Mancini is very savy. He clearly loves to be fired and receive a pay out for the remainder of the contract. He's been doing that since 2008!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

    “There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

  14. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Wallace

  15. #2410
    Wallace Wallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Jun 05
    Posts
    13,062
    Thanked
    13,633 times
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

    Brazil

    88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    Although you don't like Mancio, you have to admit his team choices have been pretty ballsy he's been picking young attacking sides with flair players up front.

    Kinda think it's because he wasn't called up when he was a player.
    What n4l said.
    Wallace

  16. #2411
    Candreva Crosses's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Feb 16
    Posts
    5,343
    Thanked
    6,102 times
    Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

    Europe

    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    That's an early experimental midfield.

    Once Mancini realizes it's not defensively sound he will go.

    Gagliardini-Jorginho-Vecino
    Vecino
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football


  17. #2412
    Toninu's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Oct 06
    Posts
    11,466
    Thanked
    6,895 times
    Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

    Brazil

    71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri4life View Post
    Easy to be ballsy when there's nothing actually on the line (wc qualification, actually in world cup/euro cup elimination etc).

    Also, Mancini is very savy. He clearly loves to be fired and receive a pay out for the remainder of the contract. He's been doing that since 2008!
    I think Mancini has enough money to retire why would he want a severance package?

    Anyway, we'll see if he keeps the core of his team with the youth players he has been calling up but so far I think his call ups have been good even considering that some Milanisti thought his Zaniolo call up (before he blew up) was some FFP conspiracy in collusion with Inter.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

    #RIPRENDIRAFINHA

    #SACKBALDY

    #LOSERMENTALITY

  18. #2413
    Wallace Wallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Jun 05
    Posts
    13,062
    Thanked
    13,633 times
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

    Brazil

    88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    There is never a thing called enough money...
    Wallace


  19. #2414
    Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Aug 11
    Posts
    3,935
    Thanked
    6,832 times
    Fav. Player
    Adriano

    Switzerland

    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    There is never a thing called enough money...
    "I've spent enough money on this date"
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.


  20. #2415
    Toninu's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Oct 06
    Posts
    11,466
    Thanked
    6,895 times
    Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

    Brazil

    71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    There is never a thing called enough money...
    I see the Wall in Wallace stands for Wall Street.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

    #RIPRENDIRAFINHA

    #SACKBALDY

    #LOSERMENTALITY

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •