Page 115 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1565105112113114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2399

Thread: Italia

Netherlands

If its just one farewell match, then whatever. If he's planning on trying to play at Euro 2020, then FML

2. Thanks (5): chhstr, Dylan, firmino, MVD, thatdude

Canada

Apparently he is going to play at 2020. De Rossi is also considering a comeback lol.

4. Thanks (2): Dylan, MVD

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

70 Most Improved Member
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43213038

Antonio Conte: Chelsea boss the 'best' option to be next Italy manager - Costacurta

"I haven't chosen yet but I think Conte is the one who could do the best," said Italian Football Federation (FIGC) deputy commissioner Costacurta in quotes to Gazzetta dello Sport, which have been verified to BBC Sport by the FIGC.

"I'll definitely talk with him in a couple of months."

Costacurta is in charge of choosing the next coach.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolMan44 View Post
    Apparently he is going to play at 2020. De Rossi is also considering a comeback lol.
    Isnt he retiring at the end of the season?
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

8. Thanks (1): MVD

United States

Best Football Poster Best Overall Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Isnt he retiring at the end of the season?
    Apparently now he’s having 2nd thoughts because of how things ended with the nazionale.

I’ve always had some respect for Buffon despite being a Juve player but if he prolongs his career two more years just so he can play a Euro then I’m going to lose some of that respect. I’m all for players playing until they don’t feel like they can anymore but if you felt like this summer was it and you told everyone that and you’re only coming back because of what happened against sweden than that’s the wrong reason ImO. Especially when you know no NT manager is going to have the balls to drop you. Even if they did I doubt he would officially retire so as soon as Donnaruma or Perin made a mistake the media would be all over it.

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

87 Most Stubborn Poster
    Footballplayers retiring is the biggest bullshit I've heard. They always come back 1 or 2 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    Google and Youtube are some next level shit though. That's like air at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

12. Thanks (2): ADRossi, MVD

Netherlands

Honestly, we could get away with using Buffon in net for the next couple years if we had to. He's probably not better than Perin as things currently stand, but I could tolerate that. What I won't be able to tolerate is another 2 years of De Rossi, Barzagli, Chiellini, or Montolivo, and I don't have a doubt in my mind Conte would try and reintroduce all of them.

I'm firmly planting myself on the Mancini bandwagon for this one. I'll probably regret it in 2 years, but I think he would bring back Balotelli and actually trying moving the team forward.

14. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

United States

I’d like to see what Di Biagio can do for a few months.

16. Thanks (1): MVD

Netherlands

He's come out and said he's playing a back four. Honestly not sure what that will look like.

Florenzi - Bonucci - Romagnoli - Darmian is my best guess

18. Thanks (1): MVD

United States

I honestly think Calabria will be the right back if he keeps up this current form. Not because he’s great but because there’s not really anyone else besides Florenzi who is in form right now.

Darmian will probably be the left back. Barreca seemed a talent but he barely plays for Torino.

First thing I would do if I was CT is try and recruit Allan. Verratti - Jorginho - Allan would be my preferred midfield.

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    This is why Italy didn't make the world cup. Di Biago is a total idiot. The amount of players who either (a) don't even play for their club (b) are disgustingly out of form is ridiculous

Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus), G Donnarumma (Milan), Perin (Genoa)

Defenders: Florenzi (Roma), Zappacosta (Chelsea), Spinazzola (Atalanta), De Sciglio (Juventus), Darmian (Manchester United), Bonucci (Milan), Chiellini (Juventus), Rugani (Juventus), G Ferrari (Sampdoria)

Midfielders: Pellegrini (Roma), Jorginho (Napoli), Verratti (PSG), Cristante (Atalanta), Bonaventura (Milan), Gagliardini (Inter), Parolo (Lazio)

Forwards: Chiesa (Fiorentina), Verdi (Bologna), Candreva (Inter), Belotti (Torino), Immobile (Lazio), Insigne (Napoli), Cutrone (Milan)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

22. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Netherlands

Honestly, that squad is a full head above anything Ventura ever called up

24. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri4life View Post
    This is why Italy didn't make the world cup. Di Biago is a total idiot. The amount of players who either (a) don't even play for their club (b) are disgustingly out of form is ridiculous
    Any notable omissions?

I see Darmian is in the squad and he probably played less than 20 mins in league in last 3 months.

26. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Škriniar

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by monster09 View Post
    Any notable omissions?

I see Darmian is in the squad and he probably played less than 20 mins in league in last 3 months.
    He gave an amazing performance against Liverpool, though.

https://www.facebook.com/CALCIATORIB...3468969783276/

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by monster09 View Post
    Any notable omissions?

Only notable omissions are Romagnoli and Bernadreschi, who are injured, Barella, who should be there over Parolo, and Sansone, who I would take over Candreva.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    It's a start, but they should be giving new players a look, not just calling up names based on "reputation"...

- darmian isn't playing
    - gagliardini hasn't done shit except for the past 2 games (which was AFTER do biagio announced his squad)
    - candreva??
    - belotti hasn't done shit since injury

We'll see just how much has changed when the actual starting lineups are announced, and it's the same old farts playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

30. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    D.Milito

Somalia

Best Forum Newcomer
    Why isn't Balotelli called up? I know he is Bbilan scum but he is the most in form Italian striker bar Immobile and hasn't caused trouble for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    Can we beg to FIFA to convert , lets say 30 crosses per game into 1 goal?

Vatican

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member
    It's not just reputation. Also, that's absurd. It's not as if these players are sitting around all year. An official fixture is just an event these players have and it's only a fraction of their time during the week. Surely, it's what they prepare for but it's not like the ones that don't feature there sit around watching the rest.

So "reputation" is not a bad thing. You would expect Darmian and Zappacosta to have more intense weeks than players from Sampdoria and Cagliari even if they don't play that much.

Also, Italy has a problematic squad at the moment and no manager. Di Biagio is not really in a position to reshuffle everything. He has to keep things pretty much steady and leave big changes for the actual manager who'll eventually appear. Maybe they just want them to gel a bit or whatever and take it from there. Italy first needs to figure out how to play, then who to select and then who to stop calling. Candreva is usually amongst the best performers of Italy and whilst it's not saying much, there's also no point in laughing at him being selected.
    It's also possible that players like Buffon have a say, directly or indirectly, on who gets picked at this point. It's just friendlies anyway.

United States

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    Only notable omissions are Romagnoli and Bernadreschi, who are injured, Barella, who should be there over Parolo, and Sansone, who I would take over Candreva.
    I’m assuming Caldara is also injured?

34. Thanks (1): MVD

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    I’m assuming Caldara is also injured?
    I believe so.

36. Thanks (1): MVD