Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mauricio Pinilla

Fav. Player
    Giacinto Facche

Mauricio Pinilla

I hope this is the right place, anyhow I just thought I should come here and give some praises for the performance of the Chilean youngster during Celta’s 2-0 defeat against Arsenal. He was pretty lively throughout the game, one thing was missing though a goal...Now comes the ever important question, I heard Celta have an option to buy him at the end of the season! Please tell me it isn't true :?: :!:
    "There's another flare smoking in the box now...This referee is a clown" - Eurosport
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBacchus
    You know each year we say "Dream Attack" and then that becomes "Bad Attack".

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Wasn't he involved in a trouble or something few weeks back??
    Glad to hear he's doing well. Yeah i heared they have the chance to buy him and not only that i heared that we co-own him with Chievo. Even if he is good he won't have any place in our crowded forward line.

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Sell him for cash IMO... our strike force is already crowded.... or atleast buy back our half from Chievo and sell it to Celta :tongue:

Fav. Player
    Oh I can't deci

I have a feeling that unless Recoba leaves, we will never see Pinilla at Inter.
    TI AMO INTER

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    If he's really a good striker and is won't mind bench, then I won't mind him. But his arrival means that Cruz might have to leave. And our strikers :

(1) Adriano
    (2) Martins
    (3) Recoba
    (4) Pinilla
    (5) Kallon

Or just loan him for another season as well, and bring him back for the 2006 season, by then Cruz will already be out, I guess.

Handoyo ...

Chilean wild child facing his biggest test.

With four relatively straightforward home games ahead of them, Chile are confident of making it to the WC. But where will the goals come from?

They have the worst attacking record in the SA qualifiers; Salas, struggling for so long with form and fitness, has not scored for his country since Aug 2001, and Reinaldo Navia is injured.

Chile then badly need to get their loose cannon firing in the right direction, because it seems that the keyh mand will be Mauricio Pinilla.

The bried career of Chile's wild child was aptly summarised by events during Febuary friendly agianst Ecuador. Pinilla, originally left out of the squad, fumed that his exclusion was totally unfair, and hinted that he might refuse to answer future call ups. Coach Juvenal Olmos wisely relented he was unveiling a new creative balance to his midfield and needed to see how it would click with his most explosive striker.

Pinilla appeared at half time , added potency to the attack and fired home his 4th international goal in the 3-0 win.

The combination of talent and tantrums has become Pinilla's trademark. The former took him to Inter from Unversidad di Chile after Pinilla came under the wing of former Chile and Inter striker Ivan Zamarano; the latter have latter have hindered his adaptation to European football, where so far he has kept gossip columnists busier than opposing GKs.

The Zamorano connection was Instrumental in the move to Inter, who immediately loaned him out to Chievo then to Celta Vigo. Pinilla is now with Sporting Lisbon, his 3rd European country at just 21, and fustration at a lack of first team opportunities could well mean the forward will be on the move once more at the end of the season.

While Pinilla have plenty to prove in Europe, the same is not true at international level. His goals in the WC qualifires to date - a towering header at home to Peru and an inspired volley away to Venezuala - were both decisive in narrow victories.In addition, his superb turn and burst set up Navia's equaliser away to Argentina, his run and cross supplied Mark Gonzalez with the chance with which he sealed victory in Bolivia, and his back to goal strength gave Rodrigo Melendez the platform for his strike against Uruguay.

Pinilla, then has played a part in half of Chile's 10 goals in the campaign. In so doing he has shown all-round attributes of the game - power, pace, balance, aerial ablilty, right foot finishing and confidence to try his tricks.

"Nobody tells me what to do, and what I get up to off the pitch is my busines." he says." If I'm playing well, as I believe I have for Chile, then I'm doing my job."

This year with the WC qualification at stake his job description is much more demanding

CLub : Sporting Lisbon (Por)
    Born : Feb 4th, 1984 in Santiago
    Previous CLubs : Univesidad de Chile, Inter, Chievo, Celta Vigo
    International debut : March 2003 v Peru
    International Caps : 14 (4 gols)

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Taken from April 2005 WS

THe big question is, Is he still under contract to Inter?

Fav. Player
    Santigol

One of me best mates is a Sporting fan, and I was asking him about how Pinilla was going, and he said to me that from the start he got on the bad side of the fans, because Sporting didn't start off to well, and Pinilla went and criticised the fans.
    Doesn't help also when Lisbon's other striker, Liedson explodes big time, 24 goals in 27 matches, whilst Pinillar has only scored 2 in 13 matches. From what I know, he is still under contract with Inter until 2007.

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    I think he's got too much of an ego, and that wouldn't do in Inter, where we already have two big superstars in Adriano and Martins. If he wants to come back, he'll have to stay on the bench, and judgin by that report, and catanha's post, I don't think he wants to.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Pinilla thunderbolt gives Sporting edge

LONDON, April 28 (Reuters) - Chile striker Mauricio Pinilla boosted Sporting's hopes of playing in the UEFA Cup final in their own Alvalade stadium with a scorching winner in the semi-final first leg against AZ Alkmaar on Thursday.

The substitute unleashed a dipping shot from 30 metres that blazed past Henk Timmer 10 minutes from time to hand the Portuguese side a 2-1 win to take to the Netherlands next week.

The other tie between twice winners Parma and CSKA Moscow ended in a tepid goalless draw at the Tardini stadium. Serie A strugglers Parma, as in previous rounds, fielded a virtual reserve side but CSKA were unable to take advantage in front of just over 7,000 fans. Sporting, who have not won a European Trophy since the Cup Winners' Cup in 1964, needed a moment of sublime inspiration from substitute Pinilla to forge ahead against a resilient AZ.

The injury-hit Dutch side, beaten finalists in 1981, soaked up long periods of pressure but were always dangerous on the counter-attack. Having never lost a European tie at their tiny Alkmaarderhout stadium AZ are still very much in the tie.

AZ, who lined up with Robin Nelisse as a lone striker and packed the midfield, went ahead against the run of play on 36 minutes with their first chance, a right-wing cross from Kew Jaliens falling for Denny Landzaat to sweep a low first-time shot past Ricardo.

The lead lasted barely a minute, however, as Cameroonian Rodolph Douala took advantage of a lucky ricochet to lash home a fierce low shot past Timmer.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

I watched Sporting 4-0 Newcastle a while back where Pinilla came on as a substitute too, and he looked quite good - if not a bit lazy.

Great to hear about his goal vs AZ!

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Greece

83 10 years of FIF
    Pinilla scored again!
    INTER PER SEMPRE!

RUBE MERDA

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

I still doubt he'll come back unless he goes on some amazing goal run. Then instead of bringing him back we can sell him for profit.
    INTER - 2006-2007 - SCUDETTO
    ------------ADRIANO-----IBRAHIMOVIC
    --------------------LUIS FIGO
    -----STANKOVIC---CAMBIASSO---P. VIEIRA
    F. GROSSO----SAMUEL---CORDOBA---J. ZANETTI
    --------------------F. TOLDO

Confidence is half of victory. - Yiddish Proverb

Fav. Player
    Marco Maserati

Mauricio Pinilla scored a hat trick yesterday against Braga

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

BDragon2k2 can tell the future, is this the goal run?!?!?!

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Quote Originally Posted by BDragon2k2
    I still doubt he'll come back unless he goes on some amazing goal run.
    I dont think he´ll come back anymore. In fact, i dont think we even own him anymore. Last summer Pinilla signed a four-year deal with Sporting Club de Portugal and i read Sporting obtained his rights from Inter.
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia più grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi
    In fact, i dont think we even own him anymore.
    I don't know Don T, something tells me he is still assoicated with us:

UEFA Cup: Sporting suffer injury blow

LONDON, May 4 (Reuters) - Sporting Lisbon's dream of winning the UEFA Cup in their own stadium has taken a late hit with their in-form striker Mauricio Pinilla ruled out of Thursday's semi-final return at AZ Alkmaar with a thigh injury.

The Chile international scored a spectacular long-range goal to give Sporting a 2-1 lead after last week's first leg in Lisbon and grabbed a hat-trick in the league at Braga on Sunday before suffering the injury in a training session.

Pinilla, who has shrugged off recent critical remarks by the Chile national coach about his lifestyle, had staked a claim for a starting place after coming on as a substitute to secure the first-leg victory and would have been a potent threat.

He's got an inter player written all over him. So sorry for him, he was having a hot streak, I hope he recovers in time.

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Yes, sweet!!

Mauricio Pinilla is half owned by Sporting Lisboa, and half owned by Internazionale FC.

Chievo have no rights to the player...phew! I thought we had sold him off.

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

that's great news. I think we're playing our cards right with this player. He's obviously got a lot of talent and we're giving him a chance to play for a very good team on a somewhat regular basis. We can get him back and he may be the next Ivan Zamorano. What a dream come true that would be.

He looks a bit like Zamorano too. Long black hair with a headband. Then again, all Chileans seem to look like this.

He's averaging a goal every 141.8 mins, not bad for a guy who's only made 6 starts (15 appearances).

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Quote Originally Posted by catanha10
    Yes, sweet!!

Mauricio Pinilla is half owned by Sporting Lisboa, and half owned by Internazionale FC.

Chievo have no rights to the player...phew! I thought we had sold him off.
    Is that true? Any source?

I read this a while ago and i´m kinda confused if we own him or not.
    Chilean Mauricio Pinilla signs with Sporting
    Lisbon, Portugal (Sports Network) - Chilean striker Mauricio Pinilla signed a four-year deal with Sporting Club de Portugal.

The 20-year-old Pinilla was originally brought to Italy by Inter Milan last season. Last season, though, he was on loan from Chievo Verona at Celta Vigo. Sporting now gains 50 percent ownership of the talented youngster after obtaining his rights from Inter.
    If we´d own half of him, then wouldn´t they have said after obtaining half of his rights from Inter?

I found this from footballportugal.com ->
    23/07/04

Sporting have signed a four-year deal with Chilean international striker Mauricio Pinilla. Sporting have paid 1m euros for the 20-year-old, who spent the second part of last season on loan at Celta de Vigo from AC Chievo Verona. The Lisbon side will own 50 per cent of the player, while Chievo will retain the other half.
    I also found this article just few minutes ago...
    Underused Pinilla wants out of Sporting Lisbon at end of season
    AFP, March, 2005

LISBON (AFP) — Chilean international striker Mauricio Pinilla wants to leave Portuguese side Sporting Lisbon at the end of the season unless he is given more time on the pitch, his lawyer said.

"As things stand now, there is no possibility that Pinilla will stay at Sporting," Rocco Dozzini told Lisbon-based Radio Renascenca, adding the 21-year-old needed to be used more often to develop his skills.

"There is a very important club in Italy that wants Pinilla," he added.

Dozzini said he had attempted to negotiate Pinilla's exit ...
    Why doesn´t Inter inform it´s fans about who they own and so. It´s very frustrating and somewhat very hard to find such an information sometimes...
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia più grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi
    Why doesn´t Inter inform it´s fans about who they own and so. It´s very frustrating and somewhat very hard to find such an information sometimes...
    Tell me about it man. Finding news is like mystrey hunting for us, maybe inter.it wants us to become journalists, I am close to being one.