Javier Zanetti

Netherlands

Centenary Almanac; 100 anni di emozioni

Hi,

I read the following on Inter.it:

Quote Originally Posted by Inter.it
    Centenary: 100 years of emotions
    Friday, 29 February 2008 18:17:20
    MILAN - 'Inter 100 anni di emozioni', created by Oliviero Toscani and published by Skira, is the official almanac for F.C. Internazionale's centenary.
    One hundred years of great emotions, love, pain, rage, euphoria, passion... splendidly illustrated in the pages of the official celebratory volume.
    Born on 9 March 2008 from an act of rebellion, to open the pitches of Milan to foreigners. One hundred years on, F.C. Internazionale, for everyone Inter, is a wonderful story of men and football, victories and style, passion and pride, memories and contemporary realities that are relived in this volume dedicated to the only Italian club that has never been in Serie B, and recognised in all four corners of the globe for its triumphs and champions, but most of all, for its behaviours, which are still linked to that initial deed of incorporation: rebellious, never banal, but always faithful to the rules of sport.
    From the first Scudetto (which came two years, a month and fifteen days after the club's foundation, on 24 April 1910 with president Carlo De Medici and player-coach Virgilio Fossati, the first champion, the first Inter player to wear an Italy shirt, the first hero - he died on the front in the Great War) to the fifteenth, the record-breaking 2006/07 league title. From the brief Ambrosiana era (a name taken from St. Ambrose, the patron saint and bishop of Milan) to the centenary shirt with the coat of arms of Milan. From the legendary Giuseppe Meazza (nicknamed 'Balilla', an artist on and off the field, a prolific scorer, a true ace, a legend) to Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the genius of our times. From the footballing sermons of Peppino Prisco, the fan of all fans, lawyer, vice president and ex-alpine corps soldier who famously said: "There are two teams in Milan - Inter and Inter Primavera," to the unique style of the Moratti family that for everyone means the Great Inter with its 'Presidentissimo' Angelo, and the modern-day Inter that has undergone reorganization and returned to winning ways under his son Massimo, who took over in February 1995.
    Many stories within one story. Champions, but also common people, like the anonymous fans who in 100 years of history have built their own beautiful Inter and kept it jealously in their hearts. A love passed down from father to son, a love that becomes international in the most literal sense of the word. Polls cannot quantify a passion, or explain the reason why there is no more-loved club in China than Inter, or why Inter becomes a magic word through the Inter Campus Worldwide projects, and opens doors for needy children in countries like Romania and Brazil.
    It is the strength of history. And each history has its epicentre, its eternal flame. For Inter, that eternal flame is the Great Inter team of the 1960s. There have been many important teams before (the back-to-back Scudetto-winning side in 1952/53 and 1953/54) and after (the comeback in 1970/71, the dominating team in 1979/80, the record-breaking team in 1988/89), and many unforgettable champions (Lorenzi and Skoglund, Nyers and Angelillo, Ghezzi and Wilkes, Boninsegna and Altobelli, Beccalossi and Oriali, Bergomi-Ferri-Zenga and Matthaeus-Brehme), but the team built by Angelo Moratti, Helenio Herrera and Italo Allodi is a poem, a work of art that was born on Saturday 28 May 1955 when oil magnate Angelo Moratti, born in 1909, married to Erminia Cremonesi, and father to six children, became the 15th president of Inter after buying the club from Carlo Rinaldo Masseroni. Herrera, more of a football gypsy than an Argentine, arrived in Milan from Barcelona in 1960. He earned a lot and talked a lot ("we will win everything, and against everyone"), bringing with him one of the greats. Ballon d'Or winner Luis Suarez joined a team with a granite-like defence composed of Armando Picchi, Tarcisio Burgnich and Aristide Guarneri, with Giacinto Facchetti who attacked and defended down the left, with the romantically creative Mario Corso, famed for his free kicks, with Alessandro Mazzola and Jair who combined speed and technical flair in attack. On 28 April 1963, in Turin, Juventus lost 1-0 to Inter, Mazzola, son of the great Valentino, scored the goal. The championship was theirs and the legend was just beginning, and not only in Italy - twice Inter was to win the European championship and at the same time they were twice world champions. Against everything and everyone, as Helenio Herrera used to say, the modern history of F.C. Internazionale proves it again.
    The 15th Scudetto in 2006/07 can be read as a new act of rebellion against clichés, against detractors of all kinds. Roberto Mancini's team dominated the tournament, set new records, and showed on the pitch that the only secret of sport is the strength of technique combined with a strong squad and character. It is the Scudetto that Massimo Moratti, the team and all the fans dedicated to Giacinto Facchetti, a champion first and president later, the true spirit of Inter: honesty.

The centenary almanac will be available at all good bookshops from Wednesday 19 March.
    Great I think.
    If I have the chance to buy it, I certainly will. It's great in my eyes.
    Serie A: Campioni
    Coppa Italia: Campioni
    Champions League: Campioni

Inter e' Emozioni!

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Me too. I have no idea how but I hope I'll be able to lay my hands on them!

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    If you guys find some place online were we can order please share.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Romania

http://www.skira.net/bollettino-arte.php?cod=535

It will be available tomorrow morning with the special price of 39€ + 5€ for shipping and packaging.
    Ooooooh, forza Inter, non mollare, vincerai! / E quando dalla Curva questo coro sentirai /
    Internazionale non ti lasceremo mai!

Fav. Player
    il Capitano

Bahrain

98 Forum Supporter
    Skira doesn't ship to UAE... any other websites?

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    Skira doesn't ship to UAE... any other websites?
    Read carefully. Ships to the UAE. You fall under rest of the world zone B just like me. But dam it's espensive 75 euros for shipping.

http://www.skira.net/spese-spedizione.php

Won't inter store have this?? They only charge 50 euros for shipping??
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Romania

It's just a big ****ing joke... So my city which is 1437 Km from Milano is situated in Group C along with Capo Verde, Mauritius, Micronesia,Vanuatu, Wallis Futura and some other that I barely heard of just because Italians hate our guts.
    Ooooooh, forza Inter, non mollare, vincerai! / E quando dalla Curva questo coro sentirai /

Greece

10 years of FIF
    If anyone goes to Italy I'll pay you via paypal to send it to me 80 euros for Cyprus apparently.

Fav. Player
    il Capitano

Bahrain

98 Forum Supporter
    Thanks Stefan. I assumed they didn't based on the countries in the Reserve form. But 75 Euros! Ouch... although that is reasonable for 4 days courier to where I am, I would rather have a cheaper shipping option!

Anyway, did some search and found it here: http://www.libroco.it/cgi-bin/dettag...2848&lingua=en

Their FAQ says shipping is 15 Euro via UPS (seems oddly cheap), so I reserved a copy.

When I get it I'm going to scan all the pages and create an electronic PDF of the book for those who can't buy it. I figure spreading a piece of Inter history to faithful fans is more important than protecting the copyright some random publisher, no?

Romania

Thanks for the link Ehsan, way much better option than Skira official website.

The scanning of the almanac would be a great idea indeed.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Norway

Quote Originally Posted by INTER View Post
    http://www.skira.net/bollettino-arte.php?cod=535

It will be available tomorrow morning with the special price of 39€ + 5€ for shipping and packaging.
    Where did you read that?

At the page Stefan posted, I have to pay €38 in shipping. That leaves me at €77 in total, instead of €44 as you stated.

I really want this thing. Can anyone please help me figure out what the total charge will be?

http://www.skira.net/maggiori-info.p...226&page=&lett=
    Is this where I order?

Edit: that site Eshan posted looked very good. That will charge me €64. Not too bad, but if one can get €44 that's better ey?

Anyway, Norway is a lousy country. 25% fee on everything you bring from abroad
    Last edited by Forza ragazzi; 01 Mar 08 at 18:00.
    "It will be born here, at the "Orologio (Watch)" restaurant, meeting place of artists and it will be always a team of great talent. On this splendid night it's colours will be given: The black and the blue with a golden background of the stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Mourinho for Inter coach 2008/2009! --> Mourinho = Inter coach 2008/2009!

Romania

The first site is a joke, the 5€ is for Italy only unfortunately. Posted the news fast and forgot to put the shipments rates. (what Stefan did)

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Norway

Ok. It's Ehsan's site then.

Found out there is no tax on books from abroad!
    "It will be born here, at the "Orologio (Watch)" restaurant, meeting place of artists and it will be always a team of great talent. On this splendid night it's colours will be given: The black and the blue with a golden background of the stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Mourinho for Inter coach 2008/2009! --> Mourinho = Inter coach 2008/2009!

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    50 Euros to the US an A.

Edit: Ehsan, thanks for that website. It's weird though, I selected the UPS shipping and it charged me 0 Euros for it. But I haven't paid for it yet and maybe I'll be charged for the shipping once I need to pay for the order.
    Last edited by Handoyo; 02 Mar 08 at 01:39.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    50 Euros to the US an A.

Edit: Ehsan, thanks for that website. It's weird though, I selected the UPS shipping and it charged me 0 Euros for it. But I haven't paid for it yet and maybe I'll be charged for the shipping once I need to pay for the order.
    Han I am pretty sure they will send us the final shipping and other taxes and the full price when the product is available for shipping. So far when we have only reserved our copy.

This is going to cost me a shit load again but it's the great year almanac so it's worth it.
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Denmark

Wow 75€, and to think i was about complain about my 15€ shipping

Romania

And the Centenary party officially begun. Check inter.it guys! That picture is just amazing. Ce Solo L' Inter Per Me!

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by INTER View Post
    And the Centenary party officially begun. Check inter.it guys! That picture is just amazing. Ce Solo L' Inter Per Me!
    Indeed it's ****ing great!!!! I'm really feeling so proud right now :$...
    Serie A: Campioni
    Coppa Italia: Campioni
    Champions League: Campioni

Inter e' Emozioni!

And this is the pic!

Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Jimmy
    My sense of logic in these sorts of things, are nothing short of embarassing.

So could someone explain to me what it is supposed to be? The Scudetto trophy?