Reports: Drogba admits Inter move
Thursday 27 March, 2008
There are reports in Italy that Chelsea star Didier Drogba has told teammates that he will be joining Inter in the summer.
The Ivorian marksman has made it clear that he wants to leave Stamford Bridge this summer and is looking for another major European club.
Drogba has been increasingly unsettled at Chelsea since the departure of manager Jose Mourinho last year and both Milan sides have reportedly been lining up bids.
Now it seems that the Italian champions are in pole position for the 30-year-oldís signature after the Corriere dello Sport reported that he had told his Chelsea colleagues that he would be wearing the Nerazzurri jersey next term.
The fee required for such a high-profile transfer is estimated to be around £18m, but it is understood that there have been no talks between the two sides as yet.
There are also rumours that Drogba has been lured by the prospect of Mourinho replacing Roberto Mancini at the helm.
Mancioís position has been jeopardised by his attempt to resign after Interís elimination from the Champions League at the hands of Liverpool.
Rafa Benitez and Cesare Prandelli have also been touted as possible successors to Mancini in the Beneamata hot seat.