Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eurovision Song Contest 2008

Jimmy

Eurovision Song Contest 2008

I've heard every song now, and by far the worst year in MANY MANY years. I've got my favourite though, but from a country who still won't win. I can't freaking believe the odds that I root for the same country two years in a row. It's Germany for me. Fantastic song if you ask me.

I'm too phucking lazy to give the preview of all the songs, with analyses, since no one cares.

Who wins? Either Slovenia or Latvia, I'm afraid. Unless Finland might be dressed out again, then they might win.

But screw it, FORZA GERMANY!!!!

Jimmy
    And here's my favourite. And refrain from profanities and insults because I like this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35hSMHaUw8E

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Solid chicks and nothing else, I can't see them in top 10.

Here is Bosnian song, sounds interesting but I don't like that type of music.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgh32...eature=related
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Jimmy
    Solid chicks?

Goes to show my point about this contest. I wrote my first post before I had even seen the performance, before they were "chicks" and a group.

This is just too vain. Best song in this competition in terms of music, are described as "chicks" because there are four females performing it. I don't see them in the top 10 either, but it has more to do with the competition's style rather than anything else.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Every year is fro bad to worse... I don't know how anyone is still watching it, my mum will eve go to Belgrade...
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Jimmy
    Starting to really like the Russian one. Armenia is a favourite of a friend of mine, so wouldn't be surprised if that one win.

My outsider to win is Ireland. Sung by a rubber chicken, and actually a good techno song. Either it will finish last, since he has no clue of how to sing, or it'll win the whole thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYyxh...eature=related

Greece

10 years of FIF
    How about Greece? They claim to be the favourites and it's looking just like the time they won (even better if you ask me). Haven't heard any other songs other than Greece and Cyprus(sucks)

Fav. Player
    LUIS FIGO

What is Eurovision? Is it like a Euro version of American Idol more serious though?
    ONLY ONE THING IS IMPORTANT--->
    FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO 1908

Jimmy
    It's a song contest in Europe. Each country has one song, and they compete against each other. Has less to do with music, and more to do with politics thesedays though.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    The guy who thought of American Idol was not even in his dad's balls when Eurovision was formed.

Fav. Player
    LUIS FIGO

I see. How does the 1 song from each country get decided? Each country have their own contest beforehand?

Jimmy
    Correct.

And about Greece, I'm definitely not a fan, far from it. Think it's quite dull.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulsar36 View Post
    I see. How does the 1 song from each country get decided? Each country have their own contest beforehand?
    That's how it goes. Each country has a different selecting and voting system. Some countries have committees that do all the voting, other countries rely purely on televoting and others do a mixture of those two(or something else) That applies to both before Eurovision and during it.

Each country gives out 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 points to other countries.

But it's mostly politics now and it's usually the Eastern block Vs the Scandinavians Vs the Yugoslavs. Winner hosts its. This time it'll be in Serbia, so the Yugoslavs have won it last time

You rarely see the best of the songs win it. But the good songs are usually in the top 5 positions.

Fav. Player
    LUIS FIGO

What about the bigger countries? France, Germany, Spain, UK?

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Don't seem interested. The UK(they send only one represenation) once, a few years back, got zero, that's 0 votes total

You see typical voting like Denmark giving 12 to Sweden and vice versa, Yugoslav Balkan countries give 12 to Croatia or Serbia depending on who has most chances of winning, then you see the Eastern block(USSR that is) voting for Russia, Ukraine or anyone else that has the best chances of winning and it's usually one of those three regions that has the winner these days. Greece won it back in 2004 but the song was definetly the best.(this year's is looking similar)

And countries like Germany and Holland give 12 points to Turks since they have large minorities there, and in 2002 or 2003 Turkey even won the thing, with a very good song, but they got too many politics votes. Turkey at the time was in very serious EU talks and people were sucking up on them for some reason.

Fav. Player
    LUIS FIGO

Ohh I see now how it is political...LOL

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    What about that crazy Finland song 1-2 years ago?

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Solid chicks?

Goes to show my point about this contest. I wrote my first post before I had even seen the performance, before they were "chicks" and a group.

This is just too vain. Best song in this competition in terms of music, are described as "chicks" because there are four females performing it. I don't see them in the top 10 either, but it has more to do with the competition's style rather than anything else.
    I have nothing against chicks bands but I just can't see them in top 5-10. Maybe their problem is that song, it's too normal for eurovision.

Every time when is eurovsion all of us waiting something new, I remember winner transvestite from Israel, aliens from Finland, wild dance Ruslana from Ukraine and lesbian from Serbia. Nice and normal songs must be extra nice with extra singer and with great music to break into top three.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    What about that crazy Finland song 1-2 years ago?
    Exactly, and Bosnia was thirth in that year with beutifull normal song, great singer and perfect music, piece of art.

And Finland:

Last edited by Hasan; 12 May 08 at 06:02.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Did Israel send Trezeguet to sing?

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    I love Slovenian girl, and Ukrainian...

Man thay are so hot...
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts