Thread: Michele Platini

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

Michele Platini

I think the Uefa president deserves his own thread. As much as I hate him for being a Jubentino, he is actually done some good work after being elected the president. Also it kind of balances the fact, that we have a good Uefa president to compensate for having a complete whack job as fifa president.

Even if some of the reforms he is talking about, are compeltely idiotic, like allowing the Cup winners in each country a CL spot, I still respect him for most of his decisions. Also I love him for being anti-english.

His latest move, which could see a restriction in the abuse of child labour, and Arsenal might get relegated.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=639941
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    One thing's for sure, he's done a better job as a UEFA president than Blatter as FIFA president all his life.

And Shahz, I don't get why would you oppose a domestic cup winner to get a ticket to the Champions League, because such a move will only bring prestige back to the dying Coppa Italia.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    One thing's for sure, he's done a better job as a UEFA president than Blatter as FIFA president all his life.

And Shahz, I don't get why would you oppose a domestic cup winner to get a ticket to the Champions League, because such a move will only bring prestige back to the dying Coppa Italia.
    Because cup competitions are about luck. The league is about quality and longevity. The league is a true test. Only the top teams in the league should be allowed into the cl.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

What Stefan said. The current format is good. Cup tournaments involve too much luck.

I like Platini's point about restricting teams that could participate from the big leagues to 3. Shows that the man is not about money. Even though I dont see that happening. big clubs around Europe have way too much power to let that happen.

I would love to see how he goes about banning the abuse of child labour though.
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Fav. Player
    LUIS FIGO

I disagree as well. I want the best teams in the Serie A. For Serie A, most of the time, that includes Roma, Milan, Juventus, Inter. If these 4 teams are at the top of the table, I think it is grossly unfair to expect the 4th place team to be forced to win the Coppa. I think the current format is fine. I also would like hte Coppa Italia (before the advent of Roma nad Inter in recent years) to be more friendly to lower teams.
    ONLY ONE THING IS IMPORTANT--->
    FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO 1908

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    I know and agree with the cup competitions and luck thing, but I'm also for rewarding the 'luckiest' team with something other than the Coppa Italia. A qualification to the preliminary rounds to the CL doesn't sound too bad IMO.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    I know and agree with the cup competitions and luck thing, but I'm also for rewarding the 'luckiest' team with something other than the Coppa Italia. A qualification to the preliminary rounds to the CL doesn't sound too bad IMO.
    If you do that teams will start to just try and survive in serie a and put all their effort into winning the coppa italia. That would be a disaster.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com