Thread: Official: Mourinho joins Inter

Syria

10 years of FIF

Official: Mourinho joins Inter

Mourinho signs for Inter
    Tuesday 01 April, 2008

Despite formal denials, Jose Mourinho early this morning put pen to paper on a 4 year deal that is reportedly worth €6million a season.

Mourinho’s personal advisor, Eladio Parames, has said that the 44-year-old and his agent Jorge Mendes flew to Italy yesterday to finalise the negoaitons with Inter chairman Massimo Moratti.

“It is true they are in Italy and are putting pen to paper as we speak,” Parames said. The Portuguese had been linked with a number of European clubs, and the England job, since he left Chelsea in September last year.

Mourinho left the meeting this morning all smiles and was quick to point out although he has not taken over yet, he is already planning ahead.

"I'm very happy to join this club. They have been after me for a while so it shows they mean business. Moratti was a gentleman and he support the ideas I have for this club" Mourinho told La Gazzetta dello Sport.
    Moratti however was more philosopihcal about the situation, "It was important to get Jose's signature early as there is alot of compeition for him, but now we must focus on winning the Scudetto"

"I thank Roberto for what he has achieved although the job is not over yet"

It is so far unclear if Mourinho's signing will effect the team or the current mananger Roberto Mancini.

Jose Mourinho was currently unwilling to comment on any possible transfers, but one thing is certain; it will shape up to be a very interesting summer.

Source: Channel 4, Gazzetta.

Jimmy
    Should have worked on some grammatical mistakes first, Hal, if we would buy it.

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Well I was going to say something, but let's have some fun and not ruin it too early.

Welcome Mourinho!

"Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, è la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    If only it wasn’t first of Apr!
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Normally someone else does the stupid thing, but no one bothered this year so I thought id help. Doing that while kicking ass in call of duty 4 is no easy feat.

Thanks adnan, at least someone is on the ball.

Welcome Jose!

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    For a moment, I hope this is a true one and I want to forget that it's an April Fool day.

Yesssss Mourinho !! Finally !!!!!

Lets hope this happens in few months time.

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso,Zanet

McClaren Confirms Inter Talks
    Former England boss Steve McClaren has admitted he met Inter officials last week with a view to taking over as Nerazzurri coach next season.

McClaren was in Italy last week to film a commercial for a well-known breakfast cereal, in which he pokes fun at himself for his failure to guide England to Euro 2008. But the trip also involved a stop by at Inter HQ.

It is widely expected that current coach Roberto Mancini will be departing the club in the summer having seemingly lost the dressing room and created tensions with his snap resignation and speedy backtrack after the Champions League defeat to Liverpool.

Interest Flattering

"It's true that I discussed the role with some of their people," said McClaren, who announced back in January that he was ready to return to management.

"Of course it's extremely flattering to be considered and I'd be honoured to take the job, but nothing's finalised yet. No offer has been made and I'm not the only person they're looking at," added the former Manchester United assistant, out of work since being sacked as England boss in November.

Moratti A Fan

It is understood that club president Massimo Moratti was not at the meeting but that he's put McClaren's name on a shortlist of three people to be Inter's next boss, with José Mourinho rumoured to be one of the others in the running.

Moratti was a big fan of McClaren's work as manager of Middlesbrough, where he of course knocked out Roma on the way to the 2006 UEFA Cup final, and apparently is not deterred by McClaren's England reign, considering club and international football very different matters.

In addition, the former Boro boss is spoken of in the highest terms by current Fulham and former Inter coach Roy Hodgson, with whom Moratti keeps regular contact.

If he gets the job, it is hoped that McClaren's bold, gung-ho style of football and superb tactical nouse would be able to transform the Nerazzurri into a side capable of winning both Serie A and the Champions League.

Goal.com

Sorry Guys Had to Post it wrong thread i know.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    for a sec you got me Hal. Wanted to chek inter.it but then realised whats the date...

Welcome Jose, but I wanted McClaren...

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

Haha good one. I bought it!!
    Wish this is going to be true tho

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Isn't Jose 45 years old?
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

There are just so many people trying to be funnt today. I glanced at the title once, and knew it was one doing the whole whole gay april day joke.
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Fav. Player
    LUIS FIGO

I could give a shit what day it is. It's true!!
    ONLY ONE THING IS IMPORTANT--->
    FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO 1908

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    hahah nearly got me

Fav. Player
    Sergio Busquets

Europe

WHAT THE HELL?!! You kidding me?!! I still can't believe it!!!

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    The worst April's Fool joke was on Goal.com when they said FIFA decided to throw Spain out of the Euro and put England back in.

Worst joke ever. Seriously. I shuddered at the thought of England back in the Euro...
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Why, Jupiter? Nothing beats seeing England getting knocked out of the group stages or the 1/4 finals again.

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    Why, Jupiter? Nothing beats seeing England getting knocked out of the group stages or the 1/4 finals again.
    Very true. Although it would hurt seeing Spain removed from the Euro.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Okay, can you close this thread now? It's been 5 days since April's 1st

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    :d