Thread: Inter after summer 2008

Greece

10 years of FIF

Inter after summer 2008

I don't think we have such a topic (the ideal squad and dream player are not specific threads) and everyone is posting what he wants for THE NEW SEASON in random threads.

I'm gonna take it department by department, starting from the coaching staff. Mancini needs to go somewhere else, and take Sinissa with him. Ideal choice for us seems to be Mourinho. I wouldn't mind a number of others as well.
    We don't need to change anything in goal.

As for defence, I believe it's time to let Materazzi go. He's doing more bad than good, unless he accepts to become 4th choice.
    Rivas and Burdisso I'm willing to stick with. We have to assess Cordoba's and Samuel's condition after recovery. If at least one of them is not able to cope(most likely Cordoba), we should look for a starting material center back, preferably Barzagli. We don't need change in fullbacks.

We have to change our midfield entirely, and I don't mean in terms of players, but mostly in terms of how it works. I was very against Vieira coming here, and I still am against having him here. People in here want Essien, and I want him as well. That guy is very good and would be very helpful for us. Solari and Cesar will leave, and so might Figo. Maniche should stay as backup(since Dacourt will leave too). Our main problem is the attacking midfielder/trequartista/playmaker call him whatever you want. We have the chance to sign Ronaldinho, or we can pass and try to snap Diego. Both would do good for me, and I can't say whom I prefer.In an ideal world I'd say get them both.

Also, we have to strengthen our offense. Cruz is a very good finisher, but that's it. He's very useful and all, but we must make some sacrifices. As I see it, it's either Crespo or Cruz leaving. I adore Crespo, but I think he's the one to leave in such case. Suazo has failed to impress this season, but he wasn't given many chances. He was great at Eidhoven against PSV and he had a few decent games as well, but Mancini never failed to utilise him effectively. He should stay in my opinion. And now, there's the 2nd starting position debate. Get Drogba, bring Adriano back and use him, or get someone else. I really like Drogba, but signing him will take us in the situation we were at the start of the year. Who would have told you last season that having Adriano, Zlatan, Crespo, Suazo and Cruz would mean that Cruz gets a starting place? Anyhow, since I really trust Balotelli, I say we have to bring Adriano back and give him the chance to become who he was 3 years back.

To conclude, the squad I'm looking at is something like this:

Julio Cesar
    Toldo
    Goalkeeper from Primavera

Maicon
    Zanetti
    Maxwell
    Burdisso
    Chivu
    Samuel
    Cordoba/Barzagli (or other)
    Rivas

Cambiasso
    Essien/Lucho (or other)
    Jimenez
    Maniche
    Stankovic
    Diego/Ronaldinho (or other)

Adriano
    Ibrahimovic
    Suazo
    Balotelli
    Cruz/Drogba (or other)

Mourinho

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso,Zanet

Most of your points regarding Mid Field i agree.

Its highly unlikely that changes in defense will take place.And Materazzi goes through a bad patch but no way Burdisso is better than him when he comes out of it.We need intelligence in big matches and somehow Burdisso always steals the headlines in such matches for all the wrong reasons.

I wonder what the forward Combination will be like.But if are getting Drogba and calling back Adriano then Mario should be loaned out.It would be better for his development than for him to wait for a Coppa Italia match once every two months.

I would say we can give Adriano one last chance and Balotelli has shown already that he is ready to explode and we should give him a decent run and fund the money instead in the Mid Field Area.

For me the choice is between getting Drogba or keeping Adriano.It should not be both.

Fav. Player
    Il Chino

Julio Cesar
    Toldo
    Alfonso

Maicon
    Zanetti
    Maxwell
    Burdisso
    Chivu
    Samuel
    Cordoba
    Rivas

Cambiasso
    Lampard
    Jimenez
    Hleb
    Vieira
    Stankovic
    Ronaldinho

Aquafresca
    Ibrahimovic
    Suazo
    Balotelli
    Drogba

Mourinho

That would do it in my opinion
    Inter o Morte

I made a all Forza Inter Forums FB Group. Join and unite!!!!
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=259598095531

Fav. Player
    RONALDO (the re

Australia

all wrong!

think with your heads, not with your hearts

this team is bulit like chelsea already, only reinforcements will be specific players he requests, not wet dreams like essien/lucho

Julio Cesar
    Toldo
    Orlandoni
    Alfonso

Maicon
    Maxwell
    Burdisso
    Chivu
    Samuel
    Cordoba
    Materazzi
    Rivas (don't think he'll make the squad with mourinho)

Cambiasso
    Vieira anyone who thinks we will buy essien or lucho is obviously in dream land
    Jiminez < has earnt his way onto riding the bench
    Zanetti
    Stankovic
    Lampard/Diego/Deco BUT MOST LIKELY LAMPARD OR DECO

Adriano/Drogba
    Ibrahimovic
    Suazo
    Balotelli
    Cruz

Mourinho

a squad any bigger and we're looking at in-squad fighting, especially with mourinho
    Last edited by cloudq; 21 Apr 08 at 16:20.
    http://i47.tinypic.com/106hq42.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Boys San Interista View Post
    Money where Sandrodiosi easily had could wipe the ass of azz off, till it was glimming again.
    Quote Originally Posted by skeet View Post
    he was one win away from a treble, so i wouldn't argue with his testicle oriented man-management techniques

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudq View Post
    all wrong!

think with your heads, not with your hearts

Lampard/Diego/Deco BUT MOST LIKELY LAMPARD OR DECO
    I don't get that.

One of Lampard/Diego/Deco to arrive ?? Diego/Ronaldinho/Deco - I would have got it. Anywaz, all I meant to say is we need a creative midfielder and Lampard is not one of them.

Fav. Player
    RONALDO (the re

Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Pravesh View Post
    I don't get that.

One of Lampard/Diego/Deco to arrive ?? Diego/Ronaldinho/Deco - I would have got it. Anywaz, all I meant to say is we need a creative midfielder and Lampard is not one of them.
    and ur skewing my post, how convenient of you to exclude the part about essien/lucho

lampard isnt creative, but he sure can hell play one-twos with drogba, defend his ass off and hit enough goals to be rated by mourinho
    http://i47.tinypic.com/106hq42.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Boys San Interista View Post
    Money where Sandrodiosi easily had could wipe the ass of azz off, till it was glimming again.
    Quote Originally Posted by skeet View Post
    he was one win away from a treble, so i wouldn't argue with his testicle oriented man-management techniques

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Cre

Mexico

The unique problems is with the Trequartista so:

Julio Cesar
    Toldo
    Goalkeeper from Primavera

Maicon
    Zanetti
    Maxwell
    Burdisso
    Chivu
    Samuel
    Cordoba
    Rivas

Cambiasso
    Lucho/Bolzoni/Aquilani
    Jimenez
    Pelé
    Hleb
    Diego/Ronaldinho

Ibrahimovic
    Suazo
    Balotelli
    Cruz
    Crespo

Mancini
    We dont make football, Nosotros hacemos Fútbol!

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano, Ib

In all that Line-ups, our Midfield looks like Milan's, good starters with no back-up/squad players.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    and the difference between this and the other thread is?

Both allow your to psot your team (arrivals and departures), coach, squad size, lineup.

redundancy!

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Indeed.

I have no idea how this differs from the other thread. Yuko, even though you may post differently in the other thread, it's obvious seeing from the posts here that 99&#37; of the members don't see it differently.

Thread closed.